Bears win made the Seahawks world right again...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I probably missed the post after the game confirming this, but I believe most Seahawks fans just assumed that we would beat Miami and lose to the Bears. Well obviously, the opposite occurred. Doesn't that put us back on track to what most of us thought our record would be at this point after the Bears game? I made a post prior to the Bears game alluding to this. I was of course hoping to win them both, but said we'd be in good shape if beat the Dolphins and lose to the Bears. In one perspective it's better this way, 'cause we were just "trapped" in Miami (a team better than its record suggests), but when we needed to buckle down and "git 'er done" in Chicago, we won the way tougher game. Maybe I'm just trying to "rose-colored glasses" the whole thing, but I'd definately rather win a game we were supposed to lose, than win a game we were supposed to win. Make sense? Or am I just making lemonade?

Atradees

Reaction score
Watch what happens if we lose to the Cards..

Suddenly we wont have the greatest rookie qb of all time and our defense will suck.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we're right on track to make my pre-season prediction come true. :)

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":of08egjb said:
BlueTalons":of08egjb said:
BlueThunder":of08egjb said:
Make sense? Or am I just making lemonaide?
Yep...when life gives you lemons...just make lemonade!

That's what I thought BT... wait... :)

After you Mr. BT. No no, after you Mr. BT. Oh but i couldn't. But i insist!. Enough! already.

Ok. One of you two are going to have to commit hare kare, or harry carey or hairy carrie, however you spell it. There's just too damn much confusion with you two.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
No...when life gives you lemons you burn life's house down.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, we're back on track record wise.

We're actually ahead of where I thought we'd be on offense, and behind where I thought we'd be on defense....which puts us back on track !

Listening to the players' interviews, there really was a lot of pressure to win on the road. This one was big for their confidence, that's for sure. They've heard a ton that they can't win on the road, so this was a big freakin monkey off their back.

I think we're looking good for the playoffs even if we slip up in Buffalo. The way it's shaping up, 9-7 probably gets us into the 6th seed, with maybe some help from the other teams. Washington actually looks in the best shape right now, and they're a hot team, so we really need to win this game, STL, and either SF or Buffalo to get in. If Washington gets hot and ties us, and we slip up to either of our division rivals, I think they get in based on a better divisional record. We don't look goot at 9-7 with a 2-4 divisional record.

sutz

Reaction score
Ok. One of you two are going to have to commit hare kare, or harry carey or hairy carrie, however you spell it. There's just too damn much confusion with you two.

I've met Hairy Carrie. :shock:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I had us at 6-6 at this point in the season...and winning out to finish at 10-6, which is still where I believe we will end up. I'm hoping for 11-5 but 10-6 is more likely.

If you had to split the last two games, which we did, it's better to have beat the Bears than Miami because in-conference record and head-to-head tiebreakers determine the wild card teams.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks46":2939a79k said:
Yea, we're back on track record wise.

We're actually ahead of where I thought we'd be on offense, and behind where I thought we'd be on defense....which puts us back on track !

Listening to the players' interviews, there really was a lot of pressure to win on the road. This one was big for their confidence, that's for sure. They've heard a ton that they can't win on the road, so this was a big freakin monkey off their back.

I think we're looking good for the playoffs even if we slip up in Buffalo. The way it's shaping up, 9-7 probably gets us into the 6th seed, with maybe some help from the other teams. Washington actually looks in the best shape right now, and they're a hot team, so we really need to win this game, STL, and either SF or Buffalo to get in. If Washington gets hot and ties us, and we slip up to either of our division rivals, I think they get in based on a better divisional record. We don't look goot at 9-7 with a 2-4 divisional record.
I believe Hawks must win 3 of last 4 to get in. I don't think 9-7 gets our guys in. I think Skins go 9-7 (loss today v. Ravens then win out) and would beat our guys out based on NFC record.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1btk2rug said:
I believe Hawks must win 3 of last 4 to get in. I don't think 9-7 gets our guys in. I think Skins go 9-7 (loss today v. Ravens then win out) and would beat our guys out based on NFC record.

Maybe so, but the Skins are nearly the only team we don't have a tiebreaker over.

My prediction was for 11-5, with us winning out from this point. I didn't pick the individual games perfectly, but I did have us at 7-5. Still quite feasible, IMHO.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sutz":drsxr2kb said:
My prediction was for 11-5, with us winning out from this point. I didn't pick the individual games perfectly, but I did have us at 7-5. Still quite feasible, IMHO.
And here's to you being spot on!! :229031_cheers: It might get our guys a division title.

Latest posts