Alan Branch fined

razgriz737

Reaction score
I heard Brian Urlacher was fined for that horse collar tackle on Leon. I'll even admit that was ticky-tack. The league is really strict this year, I guess.

EDIT: Derp. Didn't read article.

sc85sis

Reaction score
So whoever hit Russell late got a free pass--no flag and no fine.

Nice. :sarcasm_off:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
What? Branch and Urlacher got fined?

Jesus... what's next? Fines for making ten tackles in a game?

sturg78

Reaction score
The fines go to charity don't they? I seem to recall hearing that. If so, can't the players right off the fines as charitable tax deduction?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Mike Carey got fined for his failing to blow enough calls that would have allowed the Bears to win the game. The NFL later reduced the fine because they could tell that he did all he could without making it seem too obvious.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
The guy who hit Rice on the final play needed to be fined. Hit him in the head/neck with a forearm. If that doesn't deserve a fine than I don't what does.

Starrman44

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3eudcwsh said:
What? Branch and Urlacher got fined?

Jesus... what's next? Fines for making ten tackles in a game?

I think you may actually get suspended for that. When you are so mean-spirited that you must aggressively chase down 10 ball carriers in one game, well, I don't think there is a place for that kind of violence in Professional Football. That's not what we are trying to promote in today's NFL...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
sturg78":16ng0iw9 said:
The fines go to charity don't they? I seem to recall hearing that. If so, can't the players right off the fines as charitable tax deduction?

You're right... they do go to charity... but the player doesn't get to decide to which... the NFL does that.

And no, the player can't write off the fine as a charitable contribution... because paying the fine is not their free choice.

Furthermore, fines are always paid pre-tax... which helps the player(s) in a small way.