Ya think the Nation knows yet?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Ya think the Nation knows yet?
Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 pm
  • Well after the Chicago game it would appear our QB is no longer anonomous. Just based on all the threads about Wilson this week, the interviews, the commentators all over and radio it would appear that everyone wants to NOW be in on what could be the next BIG thing in the league. Experts are reversing opinions and saying how great he looks now versus the can he make it in the league statments and he's to short to play and at best he will be a career back up. People that were saying he could have been had in a later round and that there was better talent on the draft board have went silent.

It's funny to watch the media go into the frenzy to posture to be on the positive end of the spectrum after saying we were busting on our draft yet again. This years focus being Wilson, but also throwing in Wagner and Sherman from previous draft as well and Chancelor.

You can bet that in the playoffs we will have a piss load of attention on how we were built and I'm waiting to see the experts line up to start saying how our players were all ranked high in their books now after the fact.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Re: Ya think the Nation knows yet?
Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:33 am
  • We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:32 am
  • Nobody out here in Baltimore that I've talked to has seen him play or heard much about him. They have a better idea who Golden Tate is for a certain reason that will make people so furious their heads will explode.

I heard Carey Williams (Ravens CB) on the local Ravens station last night, and the show's host asked him about Wilson because they had been talking about RGIII (and Luck) because of Baltimore's game with the Redskins this weekend. Williams has never seen Wilson play and hasn't heard anything about him; he essentially said since he's not on the Ravens schedule he doesn't exist to him. Once again he did see a certain catch and his opinion on it wouldn't be popular here.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:49 am
  • You are starting to notice that whenever ESPN or NFL Network is running a segment on the rookie QBs, on the graphic you don't just see Luck and RGIII anymore. It's Wilson, Luck and RGIII. That's a visual paradigm shift I've noticed in the last few weeks.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 am
  • Kiper knows.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:04 pm
  • I have a few friends living in Hawaii, and they said quite a few people have been asking them about the Seahawks since they are from Seattle.
    "I just try to be the calm in the storm." - Wilsonism 101
    MLTHawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:17 pm
  • The Chicago and New England fans I met in Orlando
    definitely knew who he was.

The Bears fans were super worried about the game before
    It started.

I got some jersey compliments as well as a few death stares. Lol.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:30 pm
  • I was at a Maryland suburbs mall today (outside DC) and saw a teenager wearing a Wilson home jersey. Anybody that claims he/she doesn't know Wilson is playing purposely ignorant. It's been nonstop talk (national radio & tv) for the past week talking about the three rookie QBs.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:31 pm
  • I saw him on top of a ROY debate somewhere but its kinda hard for them to spit out Russel's name when they are choking on the acronym "RG3"... should be a board game soon? jeez, I think some just think its fun to say?

I'm with Watt on this one, incidental at best and who's got time for it anyways?, winning is first and foremost and you cant win if you don't play, trophies and titles are for owners and shelves, winning is for players...
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:08 pm
  • Jac wrote:I was at a Maryland suburbs mall today (outside DC) and saw a teenager wearing a Wilson home jersey. Anybody that claims he/she doesn't know Wilson is playing purposely ignorant. It's been nonstop talk (national radio & tv) for the past week talking about the three rookie QBs.

I work in MD with a lot of people and all they know is Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Redskins. It's more that nobody's seen the dude play yet, except for the Patriots fans. One of the Redskins fans did bug me about the Seahawks QB wearing a kicker's number.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    Jac wrote:One of the Redskins fans did bug me about the Seahawks QB wearing a kicker's number.

That doesn't really make sense. 1-9 are reserved for both Kickers and QBs. You could also say Brett Favre, Troy Aikmen, and John Elway wore kicker's numbers.
    "Go Hawks"
    Geologic
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:05 pm
  • It was a joke, but now I may have to compile all the numbers used by active QBs and see how they're distributed because I'm interested.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:31 pm
  • Okay, compulsive behavior obeyed. The most popular is #7. The least popular are #1, #13, and #19.

#1 through #9 - 48 Total QBs
    #10 through #19 - 36 Total QBs

#1 - 1 Total QB
    #2 - 3 Total QBs
    #3 - 5 Total QBs
    #4 - 4 Total QBs
    #5 - 4 Total QBs
    #6 - 7 Total QBs
    #7 - 11 Total QBs
    #8 - 7 Total QBs
    #9 - 6 Total QBs
    #10 - 5 Total QBs
    #11 - 4 Total QBs
    #12 - 8 Total QBs
    #13 - 1 Total QB
    #14 - 6 Total QB
    #15 - 3 Total QB
    #16 - 3 Total QB
    #17 - 3 Total QB
    #18 - 2 Total QB
    #19 - 1 Total QB
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm
  • I was watching ESPN a couple days ago and Trey Wingo and Teddy Bruschi were talking about a twitter poll said that "the twitterverse" said Russell Wilson is the best. Both of them disagreed of course.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:11 pm
  • If Russell "wins out"....you can bet that he will be the "talk of the NFL". He wins the Superbowl....he wins the ROTY.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information