Ya think the Nation knows yet?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well after the Chicago game it would appear our QB is no longer anonomous. Just based on all the threads about Wilson this week, the interviews, the commentators all over and radio it would appear that everyone wants to NOW be in on what could be the next BIG thing in the league. Experts are reversing opinions and saying how great he looks now versus the can he make it in the league statments and he's to short to play and at best he will be a career back up. People that were saying he could have been had in a later round and that there was better talent on the draft board have went silent.

It's funny to watch the media go into the frenzy to posture to be on the positive end of the spectrum after saying we were busting on our draft yet again. This years focus being Wilson, but also throwing in Wagner and Sherman from previous draft as well and Chancelor.

You can bet that in the playoffs we will have a piss load of attention on how we were built and I'm waiting to see the experts line up to start saying how our players were all ranked high in their books now after the fact.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Nobody out here in Baltimore that I've talked to has seen him play or heard much about him. They have a better idea who Golden Tate is for a certain reason that will make people so furious their heads will explode.

I heard Carey Williams (Ravens CB) on the local Ravens station last night, and the show's host asked him about Wilson because they had been talking about RGIII (and Luck) because of Baltimore's game with the Redskins this weekend. Williams has never seen Wilson play and hasn't heard anything about him; he essentially said since he's not on the Ravens schedule he doesn't exist to him. Once again he did see a certain catch and his opinion on it wouldn't be popular here.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You are starting to notice that whenever ESPN or NFL Network is running a segment on the rookie QBs, on the graphic you don't just see Luck and RGIII anymore. It's Wilson, Luck and RGIII. That's a visual paradigm shift I've noticed in the last few weeks.

MLTHawk

Reaction score
I have a few friends living in Hawaii, and they said quite a few people have been asking them about the Seahawks since they are from Seattle.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
The Chicago and New England fans I met in Orlando
definitely knew who he was.

The Bears fans were super worried about the game before
It started.

I got some jersey compliments as well as a few death stares. Lol.

Jac

Reaction score
I was at a Maryland suburbs mall today (outside DC) and saw a teenager wearing a Wilson home jersey. Anybody that claims he/she doesn't know Wilson is playing purposely ignorant. It's been nonstop talk (national radio & tv) for the past week talking about the three rookie QBs.

Twisted

Reaction score
I saw him on top of a ROY debate somewhere but its kinda hard for them to spit out Russel's name when they are choking on the acronym "RG3"... should be a board game soon? jeez, I think some just think its fun to say?

I'm with Watt on this one, incidental at best and who's got time for it anyways?, winning is first and foremost and you cant win if you don't play, trophies and titles are for owners and shelves, winning is for players...

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Jac":3il5xo9f said:
I was at a Maryland suburbs mall today (outside DC) and saw a teenager wearing a Wilson home jersey. Anybody that claims he/she doesn't know Wilson is playing purposely ignorant. It's been nonstop talk (national radio & tv) for the past week talking about the three rookie QBs.

I work in MD with a lot of people and all they know is Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Redskins. It's more that nobody's seen the dude play yet, except for the Patriots fans. One of the Redskins fans did bug me about the Seahawks QB wearing a kicker's number.

Geologic

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3dp31og4 said:
Jac":3dp31og4 said:
One of the Redskins fans did bug me about the Seahawks QB wearing a kicker's number.
That doesn't really make sense. 1-9 are reserved for both Kickers and QBs. You could also say Brett Favre, Troy Aikmen, and John Elway wore kicker's numbers.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It was a joke, but now I may have to compile all the numbers used by active QBs and see how they're distributed because I'm interested.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Okay, compulsive behavior obeyed. The most popular is #7. The least popular are #1, #13, and #19.

#1 through #9 - 48 Total QBs
#10 through #19 - 36 Total QBs

#1 - 1 Total QB
#2 - 3 Total QBs
#3 - 5 Total QBs
#4 - 4 Total QBs
#5 - 4 Total QBs
#6 - 7 Total QBs
#7 - 11 Total QBs
#8 - 7 Total QBs
#9 - 6 Total QBs
#10 - 5 Total QBs
#11 - 4 Total QBs
#12 - 8 Total QBs
#13 - 1 Total QB
#14 - 6 Total QB
#15 - 3 Total QB
#16 - 3 Total QB
#17 - 3 Total QB
#18 - 2 Total QB
#19 - 1 Total QB

Sac

Reaction score
I was watching ESPN a couple days ago and Trey Wingo and Teddy Bruschi were talking about a twitter poll said that "the twitterverse" said Russell Wilson is the best. Both of them disagreed of course.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If Russell "wins out"....you can bet that he will be the "talk of the NFL". He wins the Superbowl....he wins the ROTY.