Favorite Seahawk

Zowert

Reaction score
Alright this question is going to sound pretty elementary but I have never seen a topic on everyone's favorite Seahawk. So, who is your favorite player on the team right now and why? If you have a reason. Just to throw another question out there, who is your all-time favorite Seahawk?

Picking just one can be tough, so if that's the case, give me your favorite offensive and defensive player on the current roster.

I am really liking Earl Thomas and for all-time Seahawk I would have to say Grant Wistrom. I know he was only on the team for three years but I met him at a Thunderbirds game one time (he was there to drop the puck for the opening face-off ceremony). Funny thing is, he was just in a pair of shoes and he was taller than both of the players he stood next to on the ice and they had skates on (giving them about three inches extra height).

Wistrom just about broke every bone in my hand when we shook hands. After meeting him, although very briefly, I had a pretty clear understanding on just how big and strong NFL offensive linemen had to be in order to stop a man like Grant Wistrom.

Apologies if anyone thinks this is a ridiculously stupid question. Work is dead and i'm interested in seeing if there is a clear favorite among Seahawk fans.

Added question:

Have you ever met a Seahawks player? Details if you have, I like to know what players are like off the field.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If you are interested, there is an introduction topic stickied in the Lounge where people introduce themselves and within it, name their favorite seahawks...

[urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=638[/urltargetblank]

As for me, I used to say my favorite was Largent (I met him when I was a kid), but now, I really have to put Hasselbeck on that list as well. They really are neck and neck, but the fact Hasselbeck took us to our first ever superbowl is pretty special.

Today, I really have lots of favorites, If I had to narrow it down, I'd take Thomas on Defense and Lynch on offense. Sherman is sneaking up on Thomas, and Wilson may soon overtake Lynch, but for now this is where I stand.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
From the past, Steve Largent for me. He was MONEY!! And a gentleman.

Current roster, I'm going with Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman.

OP
OP
Zowert

Zowert

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I didn't know there was already a thread like this on .Net. You gave me a good idea to make this a bit different though.

Another Question:
Have you ever met a Seahawks player? Details if you have, I like to know what players are like off the field.

JonRud

Reaction score
My all-time favorite is Hasselbeck. I also loved Anthony Simmons and Ricky Watters.

Current fav would be Beast Mode...but #3 is rising up that chart very quickly.

Bipolar

Reaction score
my favorite Seahawk is the long snapper Tyler Schmitt.

why?

a) because this is actually a difficult position to play, it is very hard to find a consistent and a reliable one, yet no long snapper ever gets any love or publicity.
b) he is very consistent and invisible on special teams. exactly how he needs to be ;).

Schmitt_Tyler.jpg

(on a more serious note, I am torn between Zach Miller and Russell Wilson)

Tical21

Reaction score
Earl Thomas currently and Matt Hasselbeck all-time.

Honorable mention to Golden Tate currently and Bobby Engram all-time. I still wear my Engram jersey for the big games.

Galen96

Reaction score
I love me some #37, but I think Russell is going to be my all-time favorite if he keeps heading in the direction he is.

razgriz737

Reaction score
All-Time: Shaun Alexander (Hass and Walt are tied for a close second)

Current: Kam Chancellor, but Russell is making a strong case for himself.

LawHawk

Reaction score
Golden Tate! Every time that guy gets the ball in his hands I smile. I think some of that is left over from the winning catch in the GB game. I have never been so thrilled with a game-ending play, never ever in my life and not since. Also he has other TDs and has a nose for the end zone like 37 did.

All-time favorite? That's easy, Matt Hasselbeck. I love Wilson and I think he has the skill to be better next year than Hass was in his best year, but Hasselbeck will be my favorite until RW has won more games, or something. I know it will happen eventually but for now it's Matt.

grizbob

Reaction score
Past on Defense: Kenny Easly
Past on Offense:Dave Krieg

Present Offense:That short guy behind center :mrgreen:
Present Defense:Big Red

Starrman44

Reaction score
All-time: Steve Largent

Current: Russell Wilson (offense), Defensively it's so hard to choose (Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman, Big Red, Wags, Clem, and others - I know this love fest is so embarrassing).

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Well based on my current sig I am a big Clemons fan.

But all time the list is long. Herrera, Zorn, Largent, Doornink, Krieg, Tuiasasopo, Green, Eugene Robinson, Warner, Tez, Easley, Mayes, Hutchinson, Burleson etc. etc.

Sherman was on his way, but the Adderall bust tarnished that for the time being.

All that being said, I am rapidly turning into a Wilson Fan!

Go Hawks!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Zowert":11e3yyjv said:
Thanks for that. I didn't know there was already a thread like this on .Net. You gave me a good idea to make this a bit different though.

Another Question:

I had the great opportunity to meet Steve Largent at a Fellowship of Christian Athletes in my hometown in Colorado about 5 years ago. He gave a motivational speech to those attending and told the story of a game between the Hawks and Bears when "Sweetness" and "Boz" were playing and after a tackle by Boz, "Sweetness" jumped up and told him the hit was nothing and that he's (Sweetness) got more brains in his stomach than "Boz" had in his head. LOL!

I was the only guy wearing a Hawk polo to the event and after it was over he was rushed by many. He was not signing any memorabilia and gave but a few autographs to a few kids. I was the only one to get a pic with him and shake his hand only because he said, "I noticed your Seahawk shirt and knew you were a fan." After the pic was snapped he was rushed out to catch a plane.

Meeting a HOFer like Largent was surreal being the life long Hawk fan I've been. I was as tall if not slightly taller than him and I'll never forget shaking his hand thinking, "Damn, they're as soft as a baby's bottom." LOL!

Latest posts