I am so excited for the game this weekend I can’t get any work done, so I put together a list of all the Hawks games I have been to in Seattle. This will be my 15th trip across country [I think I might be forgetting a game but oh well]. Here are the games I attended and a few memories. I have dragged most of my friends & family out to Seattle at least once – and many of them several times. Gonna be a few more years til I can bring my boys.
Hawks are 8-6 in the games I have attended [2-2 in playoffs]. So I guess overall I am not such great luck.
1) 11/1/98 – Raiders 31 Seahawks 18 – My first taste of the Kingdome and it was a night game. Bad day for the Moon & the Hawks. We lost to a QB named Donald Hollas??
2) 10/3/99 – Raiders 21 Seahawks 22 – Another night game, much better result. Kitna throws 2 TDs and Raiders miss 63 yard FG at the end. Kingdome was crazy, I was sitting like 2 rows from the top.
3) 11/14/99 – Broncos 17 Seahawks 20 – My 3rd straight Sun. night game [?]. Galloway returns with some big catches and a huge win for the Hawks. Got down on field after the game and took pics with some of the players.
4) 1/9/00 – Dolphins 20 Seahawks 17 [playoffs] – Brutal loss here. I remember leaving the Kingdome feeling very optimistic about the Holmgren era and at least we were back in the playoffs. Also attended a Lakers/Sonics game this weekend where Sonics had a huge 2nd half lead [like 25 pts] and lost.
5) 9/10/00 – Rams 37 Seahawks 34. I remember feeling dread flying out for this game after Hawks got destroyed in Miami in Week 1. My only trip to Husky Stadium, and an incredible game [Darrell Jackson!]. Couldn’t stop Kurt Warner late. Also saw my one and only Mariners game at Safeco this weekend.
6) 10/31/04 – Panthers 17 Seahawks 23. My first trip to Century Link. Halloween and everyone had masks and stuff. Good game but nothing that memorable stands out. Stayed at Edgewater hotel which was pretty cool.
7) 1/8/05 – Rams 27 Seahawks 20 [playoffs] – Just painful. Darrell Jackson TD to take the lead in 4th quarter, rain started coming down, felt great. Then defense collapsed again vs. Rams. Was snowing a little in Seattle that weekend. Only game I took my wife to and Hawks lost so I never brought her back.
11/13/05 – Rams 16 Seahawks 31. Huge win to sweep the Rams. 165 yards and 3 TDs for SA. Could feel something special going on here.
9) 1/22/06 – Panthers 14 Seahawks 34 [NFC Championship]. Best game of all time. Best weekend of all time. Followed up by worst weekend of all time 2 weeks later.
10) 10/14/07 – Saints 28 Seahawks 17 [SNF] – Terrible, terrible game. Rained the whole time. Hawks got blown out early. Bad trip all around. Did pick up some nice gear at REI though.
11) 1/5/08 – Redskins 14 Seahawks 35 [playoffs] – Awesome game! Took my friend Ryan big Hawks fan to his first game. Game was tight late, then went insane with Hackett & Trufant TDs. The Hawks Nest almost fell down. As an added bonus the Steelers lost later that night to the Jags!
12) 10/11/09 – Jaguars 0 Seahawks 41. I guess I picked the one good game to attend in this miserable season.
13) 10/12/10 – 49ers 6 Seahawks 31. First game I attended alone [until this coming Sunday]. Had a press pass and went into press box before game and down on field for warmups. Game was tight early, then Hawks went nuts. Great way to kick off the season!
14) 10/2/11 – Falcons 30 Seahawks 28. Very exciting game. Tavaris Jackson’s best game but defense was awful in first half. Went to Fremont and saw Lenin & the Troll for first time.
15) 12/9/12 – Cardinals ?? Seahawks ??.