Miami Herald's Prediction of the Arizona Game

Keyhawk

Reaction score
From Herald sports writer Greg Cote:

CARDINALS (4-8) at SEAHAWKS (7-5)
Line: SEA by 10 1/2.
Cote’s pick: SEA 19-16.

John Skelton replaces Ryan Lindley at QB for Cacti, which helps a little I guess, but Seattle defense still should dominate. Cardbirds have lost eight in a row but I still see the betting line as fat. ’Zona has won past two over Hawks including 20-16 on Sept. 9, and visitors’ defense is good enough to keep this close, too, in what should be a low-scoring game.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/06/3 ... picks.html

Wiseguy

Reaction score
I don't know, RW is a lot different then the 1st time they met. the only way its close is if the O plays bad and It comes down to the D and WT3 in place of Browner IMO.

But in Tanzania I trust!!!!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I disagree. This will be over by the 3rd quarter.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Wiseguy":3h71q4ql said:
I don't know, RW is a lot different then the 1st time they met. the only way its close is if the O plays bad and It comes down to the D and WT3 in place of Browner IMO.

Arizona has a bad ass defense that always gives us issues. Plus it's a division game. I'd be very surprised if we ran away from them.

The only way it's close? The cards have been in the games they lost. People arnt blowing thier doors off.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ckii5zx said:
Wiseguy":1ckii5zx said:

Arizona has a bad ass defense that always gives us issues. Plus it's a division game. I'd be very surprised if we ran away from them.

The only way it's close? The cards have been in the games they lost. People arnt blowing thier doors off.

If our offense plays they way they did against CHI I don't see the Cards keeping up with that. Im not saying the Cards D is a joke but if we keep the offensive progression going as we have, then I feel confident in a W!

razgriz737

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":33fdphw7 said:
Wiseguy":33fdphw7 said:

This.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Wiseguy":16cx5r0v said:
Tech Worlds":16cx5r0v said:
Wiseguy":16cx5r0v said:

If our offense plays they way they did against CHI I don't see the Cards keeping up with that. Im not saying the Cards D is a joke but if we keep the offensive progression going as we have, then I feel confident in a W!

That was still a very close game.

Hope your optimism is justified but the Hawks have not done enough this season to make me think they are going to just slap aside anyone.

This game, the 49ers game, and the rams games are all going to be tough.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Remember the last Cards game was RW's 1st PRO REGULAR SEASON GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!! How many shots did we have at winning that game in the end of the 4th. Week 14 RW is Alot different than week 1 RW!

Edit: I am not in the ASSWHOOPING crowd just the convincing win crowd!

Largent80

Reaction score
Really, at home RW has been steller. Our defense always plays better than on the road.

So what, AZ has "been in" games, they are going to get an ass whippin Sunday.

twelfman

Reaction score
They'll be energized coming home and will most likely win , I just hope they don't flop the following week

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Not a doubt in my mind that this will be a difficult game. It will be filled with physical play, cheap shots, personal fouls, punts, and offensive frustration. I am sure Seattle will win, probably because the last time Skelton saw the field he played with the confidence of a kitten, and Whiz further emasculated the guy by having him ride the pine while Lindley crapped the bed last week, but the Cards D is full of road warriors. They beat the Pats on the road, almost beat the Falcons without any offensive help, and played well enough to beat the Jets on the road last week as well.

Card offense is why we will win. Cards D is why it will be close for a while, maybe the whole game. The Cards pressure over 75 percent of snaps, so they will cause mistakes.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If I were a betting man, I'd take Arizona to beat the spread, though Seattle's going to win the game. Their offense might not score, so we may only need a single FG to win...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My prediction is Hawks 24, Tards 13.

The Hawks cover but the game is not a blowout.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's the same defense though. Arizona's defense has kept them in all their games, despite having one of the worst offenses in the league.

THey aren't great against the run, but are 3rd against the pass. Peterson is 2nd in the league with 5 INT's.

Our offensive line isn't all that great, but we play good up here. If we can establish the run, and Wilson keeps the trend of no INT's at home, I can see us winning by 2 scores.

But ARI's defense is good, and they put a lot of pressure on the OL. I see us getting a lot of dumb penalties on offense. ARI has tape of the read option we run now, so I don't expect that to be as effective. Like I said, if we can run on them, then Play Action will work and we'll see some points. If not, I see us winning a close game. We're 0-3 in division, so we haven't been playing our rivals well.

Latest posts