How are we not bragging about our offense more?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
This is starting to become one of the best areas on our team IMO. Football Outsiders and the eye test has confirmed that the last few games (especially because we've been going against amazing defenses).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2012

#2 WEIGHTED! HOLY CRAP!

The #4 ranked passing game, and the #7 ranked running game.

We need to start recognizing this unit as a big strength of our team. Some Hawk fans have called this unit borderline top 10. LOL, yeah right, this unit is top 5! Hell yeah!

Pete has created a very balanced team, and it will start paying off in the wins column. Just wait for it.

(Give Bevell some credit too guys)

HawkWow

Reaction score
The O line prevents me from getting too high on our offense. Smoke and mirrors....they are this team's weakest link (IMO). If we are to advance in the play offs, our D will really have to bring their A game, IMO.

Seeker

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin

Legion of Bloom

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
You said "recognizing this unit".

heh heh heh

Ok...back on point. Yes -- ironically, the offense and defense have switched roles in the strength of the team department.

Hawks46

Reaction score
No way this offense can be any good. We haven't fired Bevell yet. The brain trust that is .Net has decreed it !

jlwaters1

Reaction score
HawkWow":1luo3hbh said:
The O line prevents me from getting too high on our offense. Smoke and mirrors....they are this team's weakest link (IMO). If we are to advance in the play offs, our D will really have to bring their A game, IMO.

I think your wrong. The OL isn't that bad. You talk like this is the 2010 OL that was horrific. The fact is the OL is getting steadily better each year. Lead by Max Unger and Russell Okung this is a more than adequate unit. IMO the right side is the weaker side, but you can hardly argue against the numbers.

2010- 1424 Rushing yards @ 3.7 YPC. 13-Rush Td's. Allowed 35 sacks = 2.18/ game and a 6.5-YPA in the passing game.
2011- 1756 rush yards @ 4.0 YPC. 15- Rush TD's. Allowed 50 sacks= 3.13/game and a 6.8- YPA in the passing game.
2012- 1696 rush yards @ 4.3 YPC. 6- Rush TD's. Allowed 23 sacks= 1.92/game and a 7.5- YPA in the passing game.

So, that's steady improvement all across the board, both in running the ball and in the passing game. Were protecting much better than we did each of the last 2 years. If that isn't enough to convince you that the OL is more than average how about this:

Currently the Seahawks rank:
10th in Sacks allowed
10th in Passing Yards per Attempt
6th in QB Rating
7th in Rushing Yards
11th in Rushing Yards per Attempt.

To me these rankings indicate that our OL is much better than just average. Without more complicated metrics I think this paints a picture that the offense as a whole is much better than in year's past and the OL is a big part of that. That's why RW is the first to always comment on the OL and them giving him the time to make plays.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/ ... ushAttempt
http://www.seahawks.com/team/statistics.html

Ruminator

Reaction score
jlwaters1":21bwby52 said:
I think your wrong. The OL isn't that bad.

So RW being forced to run for his life on half the plays means the OL is doing a good enough job? I think the answer is obvious.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2qidx7g5 said:
This is starting to become one of the best areas on our team IMO. Football Outsiders and the eye test has confirmed that the last few games (especially because we've been going against amazing defenses).
Because really, only stat geeks read or believe any of that stuff.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":cdedql6w said:
hawksfan515":cdedql6w said:

And you have proof it's wrong...?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":28g50buh said:
Jazzhawk":28g50buh said:
hawksfan515":28g50buh said:

And you have proof it's wrong...?
LOL...as much proof as you have its right. But, the difference is, I really don't care. Feel free to 'prove' it, 'cause I'm happy to read it. It's fine and dandy to try and brag about how great our offense or defense is on paper. But really, it's all subjective formulas that are based on what someone thinks is important. What really matters are scoring more points and winning games. I do agree that our offense has been really good lately, I'll give you that. But I really didn't need FO to tell me so.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":n0024bj4 said:
LOL...as much proof as you have its right. But, the difference is, I really don't care. Feel free to 'prove' it, 'cause I'm happy to read it. It's fine and dandy to try and brag about how great our offense or defense is on paper. But really, it's all subjective formulas that are based on what someone thinks is important. What really matters are scoring more points and winning games. I do agree that our offense has been really good lately, I'll give you that. But I really didn't need FO to tell me so.

I just like to brag about my team man, one of the great things about being a fan. These rankings that are well accepted make it a lot easier, IMO.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1bkuxeit said:
Jazzhawk":1bkuxeit said:

I just like to brag about my team man, one of the great things about being a fan. These rankings that are well accepted make it a lot easier, IMO.
Fair enough about the bragging part, and I concur.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":zlbayzo1 said:
hawksfan515":zlbayzo1 said:
Jazzhawk":zlbayzo1 said:

Fair enough about the bragging part, and I concur.

Yeah... you don't even know how many people think the Seahawks offense still sucks, or that RG3 and Luck lead better offenses.....

Well RG3 and Luck's offense are below the Hawks in DVOA.......