Wilson is a perfect mix...

ProckHawks

Reaction score
...OF!

40% Drew Brees (Arm strength, accuracy, plays with a-bit of a chip)
30% Fran Tarkenton (Mobile, keeps plays alive, can run and make plays)
10% Eli Mannning (How he never breaks. Stays cool)
10% Brett Favre (Tough, doesn't get hurt)
10% John Elway (4th qrt/OT comebacks)

Pretty sure Wilson will be the best QB of all time.

All of those numbers are based on nothing :179422:

hedgehawk

Reaction score
You forget the sarcasm sign? We all love Wilson, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

aku

Reaction score
Why would you even say something like this out loud? :34853_doh:

madbohem

Reaction score
i don't know, this is epic really. i kind of like unbridled enthusiasm

razgriz737

Reaction score
Oh, cut him some slack. I, for one, am just stoked that we are now in an era where fans have a reason to get this enthusiastic about our QB.
:fam:

HawkWow

Reaction score
hedgehawk":29as0jxu said:
You forget the sarcasm sign? We all love Wilson, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Great idea but I'm afraid a little late. Most in here wouldn't trade him for a package of Brady, Watts, AP and SF's Smith brothers. God forbid, but if something were to happen to him, I think this forum would get real quiet. Jonestown quiet.

OP
OP
P

ProckHawks

Reaction score
LOL I kinda got ahead of my self there. Theres is some sorta truth in who I compared Wilson too tho. Most people that watch Wilson play for a game or just watch highlights automatically say Wilson reminds them of Brees. The Elway and Farve ones were just me getting a head of myself. All and all. Wilson will, if he already hasn't surpassed any of our rookie or first year QB's as a Seahawk. Wilson is a gamer and has that locker room and fan base believing that we are winners. The only time I ever remember having this feeling was Hasselbeck back in 2005.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2mtncyqw said:
hedgehawk":2mtncyqw said:

Great idea but I'm afraid a little late. Most in here wouldn't trade him for a package of Brady, Watts, AP and SF's Smith brothers. God forbid, but if something were to happen to him, I think this forum would get real quiet. Jonestown quiet.

Well, that's due in large part to the fact that:

Brady's closing in on retirement within the next few years.
Watt is impressive, but it's harder to find a franchise QB than it is an outstanding DE.
Peterson is great, but Lynch isn't too far behind, so I'll stick with what we've got.
Justin Smith isn't getting any younger, but he'd be nice to have. Aldon Smith is really very good, but who says Irvin can't eventually get to that point with more experience and coaching?

I realize that was just a bit of an example you were trotting out there, but still.

The reason that people aren't remotely interested in trading Wilson for anything is that we've been starved in Seattle for a true franchise QB for years. The QB is the most crucial part of the team, and we haven't had an elite one here - ever. The poise, leadership, work ethic, and "it" factor that Wilson is displaying as a rookie bode very well for him and make it not unrealistic to suggest that if he continues on this path, he'll quickly become the best QB Seattle has ever had and give us a guy we can truly call "elite."

For a franchise that's never had that level of talent at the most important position on the team, you just don't give it up, regardless of the hypothetical trade scenarios.

HawkWow

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1vlymhcg said:
HawkWow":1vlymhcg said:
hedgehawk":1vlymhcg said:

Well, that's due in large part to the fact that:

Brady's closing in on retirement within the next few years.
Watt is impressive, but it's harder to find a franchise QB than it is an outstanding DE.
Peterson is great, but Lynch isn't too far behind, so I'll stick with what we've got.
Justin Smith isn't getting any younger, but he'd be nice to have. Aldon Smith is really very good, but who says Irvin can't eventually get to that point with more experience and coaching?

I realize that was just a bit of an example you were trotting out there, but still.

The reason that people aren't remotely interested in trading Wilson for anything is that we've been starved in Seattle for a true franchise QB for years. The QB is the most crucial part of the team, and we haven't had an elite one here - ever. The poise, leadership, work ethic, and "it" factor that Wilson is displaying as a rookie bode very well for him and make it not unrealistic to suggest that if he continues on this path, he'll quickly become the best QB Seattle has ever had and give us a guy we can truly call "elite."

For a franchise that's never had that level of talent at the most important position on the team, you just don't give it up, regardless of the hypothetical trade scenarios.

Having to endure the 19 drafted QB busts by this franchise, as well as several busts drafted by other teams that found there way to this great city, I fully understand the situation and I share the excitement expressed by others, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't get a bit over the top (the majority of the time). Wilson is, IMO, the best QB (already) to ever throw a pass for this team. I appreciate a few of the others, namely Hass (for a few years) but none of the others presented the overall skill set Wilson brings to the club. But that said, It's a tad early to be naming him to the HOF, let alone naming children after him. ;)

I can't help but think of Jake, coming out of little Ferndale. I think it was the PI that printed a full page spread calling Locker U-Dubs "Golden child" while announcing Jake would be the program's savior. Jake told those close to him that it was a pressure he'd never known before and a burden he hadn't prepared for.

Wilson, at $550k per, should be making many times that amount if he is going to have to deal with all of this Russellmania. Anyway, I know it's all in good fun and it's great to have something / someone to be so excited about. But when people are this passionate, the lows tend to be as exagerated as the highs. Patience and tolerance is, IMO, more important to his development than "Russellmania".

All that said, if he sweeps these next 4 games I will buy a Rotty and name him RussellWilson. ;)

Greenhell

Reaction score
HawkWow":1glzmga5 said:
All that said, if he sweeps these next 4 games I will buy a Rotty and name him RussellWilson. ;)

Pics of RussellWilson when you get him. :mrgreen:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
22% batman
20% spiderman
18% tarkenton
16% brees
11% young
10% buddhist monk
3% carlton banks

The Radish

Reaction score
ProckHawks":ngv00s9j said:
...OF!

I can tell you're entirely to young. Bet you never saw Tarkenton play.

and no percentages.

Part Joe Montana & part Bart Starr whom I consider the 2 smartest game guys.
Part Terry Bradshaw (don't care if you like him now or not he had a killer arm, if you caught his passes you always got yac cause the velocity moved ya)
I'll go with a bit of Tarkenton

He is not as dumb as Brett Farve. (he did what ever he wanted not what helped the team)
Not as arrogant as Eli frickin Manning or Mr. Ed

I only see the Bees examples because he's a height challanged QB too. Other than that I don't see it.

:les:

sutz

Reaction score
75% of statistics quoted on the Internet are made up on the spot.

;)

As long as he's 100% Russell Wilson, I'm happy. :)

bmorepunk

Reaction score
ProckHawks":1gn0x085 said:

The least you could have done was left that horse-toothed smiler who caused me pain twice a year for so many years out of this.

zhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":a2ecdqh0 said:
ProckHawks":a2ecdqh0 said:
...OF!

I can tell you're entirely to young. Bet you never saw Tarkenton play.

and no percentages.

Part Joe Montana & part Bart Starr whom I consider the 2 smartest game guys.
Part Terry Bradshaw (don't care if you like him now or not he had a killer arm, if you caught his passes you always got yac cause the velocity moved ya)
I'll go with a bit of Tarkenton

He is not as dumb as Brett Farve. (he did what ever he wanted not what helped the team)
Not as arrogant as Eli frickin Manning or Mr. Ed

I only see the Bees examples because he's a height challanged QB too. Other than that I don't see it.

:les:

iwas lucky enough to see him play as my dad's favourite team was the vikes, due to bud grant

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... For support rather than illumination."