Browner's suspension starts this week

drdiags

Reaction score
Got to think Sherman's chances are not good either. Browner was adamant about his innocence. 3 DBs with two testing positive on the same game day has me wondering if there are even others in the DB room that need to watch themselves?

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Not surprised. Anyone who thought that BB and Sherman would get out of this were delusional.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Thats good I think. Staggering them is the way to go. We dont face great passing offenses coming up, so we will hang in there I hope.

SeaChase

Reaction score
That was quick, whos going to step up? Thurmond maybe?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Good news honestly. We need him for the playoffs and the way he played Sunday, he may need that rest.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, this is good news. I'd rather absorb the loss now than in the playoffs. We aren't playing dynamic passing teams down the stretch, and I think we can survive.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Now I suppose Sherman is left to lawyer up and dig in hard to drag his appeal out until after the season ends. Good strategy.

Will I

Reaction score
I'm ok with this. Got to believe the front office had their hand in orchestrating the timing and figuring out which one they want to appeal and which one to lose right away.

razgriz737

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3r9ezh4r said:
In the grand scheme of things, this is good news. I'd rather absorb the loss now than in the playoffs. We aren't playing dynamic passing teams down the stretch, and I think we can survive.
This.

samwize77

Reaction score
Pull off the band aid quickly......best to get it over with. Next man up!!
If the Hawks O can pick it up and put more points up, that'll certainly help.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I didn't read the article, but any idea how soon we will find out who will start in his place? I'm pulling for Lane.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sucks he's out, but if he was really taking a banned substance it's his own fault (same for Sherman). Glad they will be staggered, but I would honestly rather they both just get it overwith, unless Sherman can drag this out until next season completely.

mikeak

Reaction score
Will I":22rkkk63 said:
I'm ok with this. Got to believe the front office had their hand in orchestrating the timing and figuring out which one they want to appeal and which one to lose right away.

The only way the players would allow this is if the players were willing to plead guilty.

Lets remember this is four unpaid games for the players

The next suspension for PED's is a FULL SEASON!!!!

There is no way the players allowed the team to say don't fight this for the best of the team.... Now if they are both guilty I could see them saying ok we will do the staggered approach after the Bears game

There is always a possibility of taking over the counter stuff and getting something not allowed so by having this four game suspension these guys are on thin ice for the rest of their career - this is something really major for them well beyond just the four games.

No issue with the suspension - they got tested and apparently were guilty get them suspended

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I love our front office. They just decided that Tru should be good this week, Thurmond can take over for browner, and string out Sherman till post season, and then draft a corner for Sherman's suspension next year.

Of course this is all pure hyperbole and speculation, like everything else on these boards.

Go Hawks!

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
smashmouth59":1rd0n5oj said:
I love our front office. They just decided that Tru should be good this week, Thurmond can take over for browner, and string out Sherman till post season, and then draft a corner for Sherman's suspension next year.

Of course this is all pure hyperbole and speculation, like everything else on these boards.

Go Hawks!

Yeah but not having Sherman for the playoffs is going to suck. Honestly I think I rather have Sherman miss the remaining four regular season games and have him back for the playoffs.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man hate to see him out, but having him back for the playoffs will be big if we make it.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The only elite WR left on the Seahawks regular season schedule is Larry Fitzgerald...

Fitzgerald
Steve Johnson (good but not elite)
Crabtree/Manningham (good but not elite)
Givens/Amendola (Amendola is elite when healthy but the chances of that are slim to none with that guy's body).

If we play the NYG or GB in the playoffs I will be far more concerned then playing the 49ers if we are without Sherm.

Latest posts