Browner's suspension starts this week

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • It is the NFL

Next guy is up
    warden
    NET Veteran

• Not that it means a whole lot now, but Byron Maxwell was the #2 CB recruit when he came out of HS (I think he was like Top 35 overall)

So at one point in time he obviously had some serious skills at that position.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Just remember the collective "oh shit" that Seahawks nation let out when Trufant and Thurmond went down last year. Never know who's going to step in and become the best CB in the NFL....
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Jeremy Lane is gonna be a stud. Book it
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Its a tough break but I think it was planned out, I actually had a feeling that Browner did it, but not Sherman, I think Sherman might be able to win his appeal and leave us with both corners for the playoffs
    Seahawks-Hornets-Braves-Ducks
    Vinny6420
    NET Bench Warmer

• olyryder wrote:Can Browner practice/workout w/ the team during the suspension? Or is it stay away, we'll see you in a month?

He can't have any contact with the team in any way, that is my understanding. Hill got in trouble a few years ago for just showing up at a game, in the stands, when he was suspended.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Re: Browner's suspension starts this week
Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:15 pm
  • Vinny6420 wrote:Its a tough break but I think it was planned out, I actually had a feeling that Browner did it, but not Sherman, I think Sherman might be able to win his appeal and leave us with both corners for the playoffs

I really doubt that Sherman can talk his way out of this one. Players are not suspended unless there is "drop dead proof" that the substance was found in carefully controlled testing.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    Vinny6420 wrote:Its a tough break but I think it was planned out, I actually had a feeling that Browner did it, but not Sherman, I think Sherman might be able to win his appeal and leave us with both corners for the playoffs

I really doubt that Sherman can talk his way out of this one. Players are not suspended unless there is "drop dead proof" that the substance was found in carefully controlled testing.

Maybe his sample got mixed up with Browner's? That's the only possible explanation that's left for Sherman to stand on.
    hawksincebirth wrote:its funny how our defense has been on the decline. i have a gut feeling this is a bigger problem in the locker room

The more I think about it, I'm thinking I might agree with this. A young, cohesive team that's been fighting hard to achieve greatness for 2 years and now 2 of your best players jeopardize that with 2 4 game suspensions? As a teammate and a member of a team that claims and appears to be so close, how could you not feel disappointed and hurt? This team is built tougher than that though, so even if it is/was a serious matter, I doubt it wouldn't get squashed immediately. Plus, this presents an opportunity for the next man to step up. It's how Sherman/Browner get their jobs, so I'm sure they're a little nervous. Especially if Lane, Maxwell, Snead and Co. are as good as Pete and Co. think.

I also remember hearing someone, a player or a coach, talk about how good a player they thought Ron Parker was. It mighta been Doug Baldwin.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 pm
  • Good because no way in hell Browner was going to win his appeal, that was obvious. Bad, because Sherm needs to do the same and shut his mouth (Unless he is 195% certain he was falsely accused, which after BB and Winston Guy admitted to it is incredibly unlikely) and accept the loss of 4 game checks so our team can be at full strength for the playoffs. Like a few educated posters have said, we aren't playing any teams that have an elite passing game the rest of the year, and plus 3 of the last 4 games are at home which is where our pass rush is by far the best. An elite pass rush can help cover up the loss of two elite corners.

Richard, admit it, please, lose 4 game checks and get back out there for the playoff game and the 12th man will be behind you. You can shut your mouth this time, we all have faith in you. Just admit it and be quiet.... PLEASE.. for the 12th man :34853_doh:

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• Seems I remember Sherman saying he must have gotten it when he drank from a teammates water bottle? Correct? Only way I see him winning his appeal is if say Browner testifies that yep, he had a PED mixed with his water and Sherm drank from it without knowing it was tainted.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• seedhawk wrote:Seems I remember Sherman saying he must have gotten it when he drank from a teammates water bottle? Correct? Only way I see him winning his appeal is if say Browner testifies that yep, he had a PED mixed with his water and Sherm drank from it without knowing it was tainted.

He came out after this report and said it was false, and continues to tell everyone not to worry that it'll all be cleared up.

Hopefully he's right, and not just delusional that some half assed excuse is going to fly with the league.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 am
  • If Sherman thinks there is a chance to win the appeal, absolutely he should go for it. He's young. The next one carries a year suspension (IIRC). I also think that this gives the team a chance to work in another corner the next couple of games. I like staggering the suspensions better than taking them both at the same time.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information