Another good read on Wilson from Grantland

formido

Reaction score
This was actually a fairly poor article. It's not only in the last 4 weeks that Wilson's INTs have been down. His QB play has been excellent since the first month of the season. Moreover, perhaps more than usual, some of his INTs weren't his fault or were low damage situations, like deep balls on 3rd down, hail marys, and receiver failures. Given Wilson's track record in college, the one time record holder for throws without an INT, this isn't nearly as unexpected as Barnwell suggests.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I like seeing RW get the attention finally. But I'm not a fan of Barnwell's. I know Simmons loves him. But this article is exactly like his appearances on the BS Report. He is just a stat geek. Little attention to the game outside of that.

RW threw only 4 picks his senior year at Wisconsin. And his freshman year at NC State, only threw 1. Not to mention what was said in the comments. 2 or 3 of his early season picks were only the wr's handing off the ball to db's. And another couple were hail mary type punts basically. Sure, he won't continue to throw zero picks. But Barnwell overplayed the early season #'s. Not only due to the circumstances of the picks, but the fact that this Seahawks offense is entirely different now.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SeaTown81":308lu5dd said:
I like seeing RW get the attention finally. But I'm not a fan of Barnwell's. I know Simmons loves him. But this article is exactly like his appearances on the BS Report. He is just a stat geek. Little attention to the game outside of that.

RW threw only 4 picks his senior year at Wisconsin. And his freshman year at NC State, only threw 1. Not to mention what was said in the comments. 2 or 3 of his early season picks were only the wr's handing off the ball to db's. And another couple were hail mary type punts basically. Sure, he won't continue to throw zero picks. But Barnwell overplayed the early season #'s. Not only due to the circumstances of the picks, but the fact that this Seahawks offense is entirely different now.

Yep -- I don't agree with the notion that all of a sudden he will start throwing picks again, "just because". I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with less than 10 picks on the season. He did have a bear pick against the Bears - but Sidney helped kind of disrupt it on that long throw down the middle.

Just liking the different reads on our boy.