Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: WEEK 14 GAMES THAT MATTER (playoff team standings)
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:10 am 
* NET Radish *

Tell ya what, I'll sticky this.

:shock:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 am 
NET Rookie

'hawks just need to keep winning...the hell with the rest...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:11 pm 
NET Veteran

jack_patera wrote:

Of course this is priority #1...but it is exciting to have a vested interest in other games, which adds intrigue to our season :)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 pm 
NET Veteran

samwize77 wrote:
jack_patera wrote:

Of course this is priority #1...but it is exciting to have a vested interest in other games, which adds intrigue to our season :)

Yeah, makes the other games more fun to watch.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:39 pm 
NET Veteran

So this is what happens after PM's they make GREAT posts :)

Post subject: Re: Week 14 Games That Matter(playoff team standings)
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Cartire wrote:
jamsomatic wrote:
I want the Bears to eliminate the Vikings and keep the Bears/Packers race on full tilt. Frankly neither the Bears not Vikings trouble me. They will both lose multiple games for remainder of season. Chicago is crippled with Urlacher and Jennings sustaining injuries vs. us. Plus I would rather see Chicago take that division than Green Bay although I don't believe they will.

This was my biggest question as well. CHI taking the division back is the most optimal solution. But looking at GB's schedule, they have to lose the bears to give it up. I just dont think CHI can beat GB. GB always smothers them and I dont see things changing here. So I went with the next optimal which is, if we dont get the division, having a tie-breaker over chi puts us at chance at the 5th seed playing against the 3rd seed Packers. We can claim a another victory over everyone who said we cant beat the Packers on their turf.

*note, that the assumption of GB being 3rd string is that SF didnt lose more the one game because they remained Division champs over us.

5th seed plays at 4th seed

6th seed plays at 3rd seed

(just correcting what you typed above)

I personally would prefer to not play the Packers in the first round, if at all possible. I think we win in Chicago, I think we win in Atlanta, have a great chance in NY against the Giants, obviously we win at home. The best scenarios for us involve taking the #2 seed away from SF by winning the division outright, getting a first round bye, and playing at home. If we have to be a wild card team, IMHO, we want the Bears to take the North from the Packers, so if we travel, we're not going to Lambeau.

Just MHO.

Post subject: Re: Week 14 Games That Matter(playoff team standings)
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 pm 
NET Veteran

BocciHawk wrote:
Cartire wrote:
jamsomatic wrote:
I want the Bears to eliminate the Vikings and keep the Bears/Packers race on full tilt. Frankly neither the Bears not Vikings trouble me. They will both lose multiple games for remainder of season. Chicago is crippled with Urlacher and Jennings sustaining injuries vs. us. Plus I would rather see Chicago take that division than Green Bay although I don't believe they will.

This was my biggest question as well. CHI taking the division back is the most optimal solution. But looking at GB's schedule, they have to lose the bears to give it up. I just dont think CHI can beat GB. GB always smothers them and I dont see things changing here. So I went with the next optimal which is, if we dont get the division, having a tie-breaker over chi puts us at chance at the 5th seed playing against the 3rd seed Packers. We can claim a another victory over everyone who said we cant beat the Packers on their turf.

*note, that the assumption of GB being 3rd string is that SF didnt lose more the one game because they remained Division champs over us.

5th seed plays at 4th seed

6th seed plays at 3rd seed

(just correcting what you typed above)

I personally would prefer to not play the Packers in the first round, if at all possible. I think we win in Chicago, I think we win in Atlanta, have a great chance in NY against the Giants, obviously we win at home. The best scenarios for us involve taking the #2 seed away from SF by winning the division outright, getting a first round bye, and playing at home. If we have to be a wild card team, IMHO, we want the Bears to take the North from the Packers, so if we travel, we're not going to Lambeau.

Just MHO.

Yea, I was pretty drunk last night while writing that, and I reread it this morning and was too lazy to change it. But truth is still there, I would rather gain a higher seed then try and worry about MN catching us.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:37 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Cartire wrote:
RAMS (5-6-1) vs BILLS (5-7)

Lets go: Bills
Why: Rams are currently 4-0-1 in the division. I know, doesnt make any sense. Regardless, the Rams winning out could be a knife in Seattle's back if Seattle lose 1 of its next 3. Really, Really, Really need Rams to lose.

Agree with you here on all but the above game. Go Rams this week. Why? Because if the Rams in any way affect our playoff push, it will be because we lost to them again at home, not because they beat the Bills. At this point, I'd like to see them score a few more wins and just miss out on the playoffs. No way I want them picking high in the draft with the amount of draft ammo they already have. We want them drafting very low for the next few years. Several seasons of 8-8 or 7-9 would be in our best interests.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:37 am 
NET Veteran

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Cartire wrote:
RAMS (5-6-1) vs BILLS (5-7)

Lets go: Bills
Why: Rams are currently 4-0-1 in the division. I know, doesnt make any sense. Regardless, the Rams winning out could be a knife in Seattle's back if Seattle lose 1 of its next 3. Really, Really, Really need Rams to lose.

Agree with you here on all but the above game. Go Rams this week. Why? Because if the Rams in any way affect our playoff push, it will be because we lost to them again at home, not because they beat the Bills. At this point, I'd like to see them score a few more wins and just miss out on the playoffs. No way I want them picking high in the draft with the amount of draft ammo they already have. We want them drafting very low for the next few years. Several seasons of 8-8 or 7-9 would be in our best interests.

Ditto. It would also be helpful to have the Bills completely out of the playoff picture and thoroughly demoralized for our game with them next week.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:59 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I think we actually want Miami to win....if that were the case and we win out we are NFC West Champs. ( I think, it's too early and I have not had my coffee )

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:09 pm 
NET Veteran

Well we have made a lot of bad blood this year, I prefer to play any of the teams we already played at home. Chicago is depleted but dangerous, we know about Green Bay. We also know the playoffs are a whole different type of game and level of play. Something our YOUNG team has to learn about and I would rather they learn it at home without as much chance of referee favortism for the home team on the road.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Nice breakdown Cartire. Thank you. I'm rooting hard for the Ravens today because the Skins have a pretty soft schedule after this one and could win out. As much cushion as the Hawks can get with any of the teams behind them, the better. In that same vein, go Eagles as well.

And I'm with Pliny and Sailor above on Rams over Bills for the same reasons they said, especially to get Buffalo out of any playoff contention by next week. Also, time for Dullass to lay their late season egg for sure. Don't see the Phins taking SF but still have plenty of hope with the Pats beating them next week.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:58 am 
NET Veteran

Love this thread OP. Sitting on my couch with the remote and this thread open. Going to make switching channels with Sunday Ticket all the more fun. I feel vested in almost every game. Will definitely make the AM games more enjoyable. Well done!

Go Hawks

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:11 am 
NET Veteran

Another thing.

I know this game doesn't matter but I would live to see the colts get ass whipped and have Luck throw three picks. It matters to me.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:32 am 
NET Practice Squad

Wow...so far these games are unfolding pretty much exactly as hoped.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Except for the comebacks! Vikings were the only team to win. Damn cowboys and redskins , so close to losing. Bucs win as well. We need to take care of business.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:42 pm 
NET Veteran

Bucs lost

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:50 pm 
NET Veteran

If the rams can beat the bills we can beat them. The Bills season is pretty much over now with 8 losses if we get up early they might lay down like the Cards did.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]