Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: I got some respect for the Cardinals
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 am 
* Report Button *

Their defense is bringing it every game. And, to this point, the Cardinals haven't stopped clawing and scratching for victories.

I read a story that against the Jets, Dockett and Rhodes began fighting over the notion of giving up a TD, so the Cards offense could get the ball back.

I expect the Hawks to win, but it won't be easy. The Cards play hard and intense.

Post subject: Re: I got some respect for the Cardinals
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 am 
NET Veteran

I hope Dockett gets suspended for spitting in his face. Dockett ate our interior line up last game.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

pehawk wrote:
Their defense is bringing it every game. And, to this point, the Cardinals haven't stopped clawing and scratching for victories.

I read a story that against the Jets, Dockett and Rhodes began fighting over the notion of giving up a TD, so the Cards offense could get the ball back.

I expect the Hawks to win, but it won't be easy. The Cards play hard and intense.

I respect that defense for sure, but I also expect Seattle to take very big advantage of the first game of the year. It makes perfect sense to present them with a lot of the same looks as they saw in that game, but use Russell's now expanded playbook from those sets.

You are right, though, that is a rightly proud and skilled defense.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am 
NET Veteran

I agree, this is not an easy game as some are suggesting.

The key is to get up early on Arizona, and hopefully they'll quit cause they have nothing to play for........but that seems very hard for the Hawks to do this year. We usually like to let teams hang around til the 4th qtr........and as we've found out all year, just about anything can happen in the 4th qtr.

My hope is Carroll and Bevell don't regress into their super conservative offense mode and let Wilson continue to throw it around so that we can indeed get up by a couple TD's.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am 
* NET Staff *

They are never an easy out, for sure. Their defense always plays well against Seattle.

On the other hand, I seriously doubt they will score a single point.

It will be 20-3, something like that.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Hawkstorian wrote:
They are never an easy out, for sure. Their defense always plays well against Seattle.

On the other hand, I seriously doubt they will score a single point.

It will be 20-3, something like that.

Their offense really is a mess and their defense won't be dealing with Russell Wilson on his first ever game, with a crippled playbook and limited role. I am with you on this prediction.

Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:37 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

This game is a win for the Hawks, period. But yes, I admit their defense is legit and will give us fits from time-to-time. Other than that, this is in OUR HOUSE to go 8-5 and maintain control of our destiny. NO WAY do we let them sweep us under the circumstances.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:37 am 
NET Veteran

SmokinHawk wrote:

Their offense really is a mess and their defense won't be dealing with Russell Wilson on his first ever game, with a crippled playbook and limited role. I am with you on this prediction.

If Lindley starts I agree with you, but I could totally see Kolb coming in and playing out of his mind again against us. Let's hope Whisenhunt stays with Lindley.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:38 am 
NET Veteran

I think it'll be a repeat performance of the Jets game. Their defense will manufacture pressure and make life difficult on Wilson in the early going. However, their offense won't be able to get anything going against the Seafense. The second half is where the Hawks will wear the Cards out and milk the game away. I'm hoping this is another game where we can work Turbin in to the game towards the end. Anything to keep Marshawn fresh down the stretch run, especially with possible suspensions looming.

The Rams game in Week 17 is far from a gimme as well. This team is going to have to follow Russell's lead and be sharp, efficient, and focused in every game down the stretch. Just follow Russell and everything will be alright.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Cards have beaten us the last 2 times with the Skelton/Kolb combo. For some reason they play decent against us.

Their D also has given us fits.

I'll give them props that they are a better team than their record shows.

But Wilson has improved a lot since Game 1, so I expect him to be able to move the ball enough for us to win.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:54 am 
NET Veteran

you can thank the cardinals for exposing our soft middle D in that first game, and it's apparent the coaching staff hasn't fixed that problem, so i hope they come in with a good game plan on D... and i hope they start Lindley....

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 am 
* NET Alumni *

How much do we have to pay Breno to take out Dockett's knees? I'm willing to put in $20.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:13 am 
NET Veteran

Those guys are falling apart. 8 losses in a row, spitting in each others faces. What a mess.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 am 
NET Rookie

Since we're going to win 49-0 I would really love to see another left handed touchdown pass, Mr. Tate.

In all seriousness though, I love divisional games at home - always that playoff atmosphere looming and I hope we get to 8-5 without much of a sweat.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Anyone expecting a blowout needs to go search for all the threads before the season opener, then kick themselves in the junk.

I see a win, probably a comfortable one -- but they are not going to roll over. As many have pointed out, we struggle against that defense and we should hope Kolb doesn't play, since he had no problem moving the ball against us in the first game. They are desperate for a win. That being said, we are way, way better than the season opener - especially Wilson. We almost beat them in his first start, on the road. I like our chances at home.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]