Serious praises on Football Outsiders

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
http://footballoutsiders.com/quick-read ... uick-reads

Fair warning: There's a good chance this is going to be the longest player comment in the history of Quick Reads. You may want to go get a drink or something before you get too far into this. Ready? OK, let's start with a few notes about Wilson's splits from Sunday's game. On Seattle's first eight drives, he went 14-of-25 for 178 yards with seven first downs and two sacks. He also had four runs for 24 yards and one first down. On their last two drives, the 97-yard go-ahead touchdown drive in the fourth quarter and the game-winner in overtime, he went 9-of-12 for 118 yards with two touchdowns and four other first downs, and also ran five times for 47 yards and four first downs, including conversions of third-and-2 and third-and-5 in overtime. His last seven passes of the game were all complete, five of them for first downs or touchdowns. He did all this against the Chicago Bears, which regular QR readers will know by now has been by far the league's best passing defense. Wilson became the tenth player this year to throw at least 30 passes against Chicago, but the first to do so without throwing an interception. When you account for opponent adjustments and include rushing data, this wasn't just the most valuable game for a quarterback this week, it was the most valuable game for a rookie quarterback in Football Outsiders' database going back to 1991.

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

That pretty much puts a stamp on the forehead of approval. No doubt that he is good and only going to get better. I am just wondering when he does get really really good, if we become more of a passing team than a running team later on?

Jac

Reaction score
Waterhawk1":s1i5um9a said:
Thanks for sharing.

That pretty much puts a stamp on the forehead of approval. No doubt that he is good and only going to get better. I am just wondering when he does get really really good, if we become more of a passing team than a running team later on?

Yeah, I'm really excited/curious to find out exactly what his ceiling is. I mean how good is he going to be after offseason(s) of work/study and additional weapons in the passing game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
That is pretty cool. Not one player who has attempted 30 passes against the Bears has avoided throwing an interception. Until Russell.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
And he put the freaking team on his back and willed it to victory, something which isn't caught in the stats.

Latest posts