Anybody catch Cris Carter on Mike & Mike this morning?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
First off, I can't stand all 3 of these guys but I have to hear them every morning.

Anyways the question Golic asked Carter was:

Golic: Is Andrew Luck the greatest rookie QB of all time? Is he even the greatest rookie QB this year?

Carter (paraphrasing here): He has too many TO's to be the best. What's he have 21? I'm going to go somewhere different. I'm not gonna choose between those 2 (RG3 and Luck) like ESPN, because I don't have to. You got the little guy, Russell...

Golic (cuts him off): oh and then there's Tannehill. Even Weeden started off rough but none of them are in the tank..

That's all I caught. And I'm pretty I didn't get it completely correct as I'm still half asleep and I'm going off memory here.

Edited by radish

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Oh no national media pundits not gushing on us. My self-esteem just took a huge hit.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":bllfdf6q said:
Oh no national media pundits not gushing on us. My self-esteem just took a huge hit.

What? That's not even what this thread is about.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'd just assume they keep ignoring him, underestimating ...like the Bears did.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sorry for not being clear in my OP. I just thought it was great to hear Cris Carter, when asked if Luck was the best Rookie QB this year, he decided to let the listeners know that he wants to go a different route and not compare Luck and RG3. Instead he wanted to talk about RUSSELL WILSON until Golic cut him off. I missed the rest so maybe someone can share if he continued with the RW discussion.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
Greenberg actually asked those questions. Golic likes RW more than Greenberg but stops short of putting him with Luck and RG3. CC likes RW too. The conversation then went to how well all of the rookie quarterbacks are doing and why quarterbacks in general are coming into the league ready to play more so than in years past.
I didn't hear a slight to RW. It was a good discussion.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Wizofwest":1gkt6yrr said:
Greenberg actually asked those questions. Golic likes RW more than Greenberg but stops short of putting him with Luck and RG3. CC likes RW too. The conversation then went to how well all of the rookie quarterbacks are doing and why quarterbacks in general are coming into the league ready to play more so than in years past.
I didn't hear a slight to RW. It was a good discussion.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification...yeah I wasn't saying there was a slight to RW either...just annoyed that when CC mentioned RW they immediately went to someone rose

jlwaters1

Reaction score
What's completely ridiculous to me is that they seem to lump Luck RG3, RW AND TANNEHILL in the same convesation. I mean he's got 7 TD's to 12 picks. Is only completing 58% of his passes. What in those numbers screams "special" to the media, I ask myself?

To me it's obvious-- Wilson, Luck and Griffin are clearly the top 3 rookie QB's. Infact I'd take these 3 over any of 2010/ 2011 QB classes. Dalton has shown to be the best of that bunch so far. Bradford, Ponder, Locker, and Gabbert have been average- dreadfull.

mikeak

Reaction score
The discussion is not as simple as looking at numbers and saying how good the qb is. Luck came to the worst team in the league last year..... Tannehill came to a team that was among the worst last year.

Seahawks was 7-9 - Russell came to a better team than either one of those players and should have more to work with a better offensive line / defense.

I am giving Luck credit for taking that horrific team from what they were to a playoff contender. Luck, RG3, Tannehil and RW in no specific order are all special players this year. Hopefully they will have continued success.