We have highest Strength of Victory

Rainger

Reaction score
Any one notice that we have the highest Strength of Victory in the NFL at .536?

What is not good is the Washington win. Although we still control our own destiny, Washignton holds a Conference tie breaker over us at this point.

We control it all for a playoff postions. Win and we are in simple as that. Division still in sight.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type ... rder/false

hawksfan515

Reaction score
The Redskins win is bad for our WC hopes. It is great for our #2 seed hopes though.

Go high or go low? We'll see......

I don't like how we play after byes anyways, so I'd take winning the division and securing some homefield advantage.

sturg78

Reaction score
Any way week 17 could lead to a situation where if we get in, we do so as a #2 but if we lose we miss out on everything?

Basis4day

Reaction score
rainger":1vpjaf28 said:

What is not good is the Washington win. Although we still control our own destiny, Washignton holds a Conference tie breaker over us at this point.

We control it all for a playoff postions. Win and we are in simple as that. Division still in sight.

Amazing. It was just a week ago after the miami game i heard it was impossible.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
rainger":2xjhwb0j said:
Washignton holds a Conference tie breaker over us at this point.
Please stop. They have a 6-4 conference record, we have a 5-4 conference record. Technically it is a better record, it is true, but it is not relevant. If we both win out, will will both have identical 8-4 conference records, so they do not have any tiebreaker on us -- namely because the season isn't ending for another four weeks.

And all our upcoming conference games are at home.

Perfundle

Reaction score
sturg78":1ml152uz said:
Any way week 17 could lead to a situation where if we get in, we do so as a #2 but if we lose we miss out on everything?
It's possible. If Green Bay and Chicago both finish at 11-5, Washington wins out to 10-6, San Francisco loses to Seattle and one other team and either NYG or TB or both finish at 10-6, then if Seattle wins all four games they beat out Green Bay and Chicago due to head-to-head, but if they win the first three and lose the last game they lose out to NYG due to conference record and TB due to worse record in common games.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How is strength of victory calculated? I mean, Christ, the Eagles have three wins. It only counts the strength of your wins, regardless of how many? That doesn't seem right...

kearly

Reaction score
I'm more worried about Tampa, New Orleans, and even Dallas than I am about Washington. RG3 can beat anybody, but the rest of his team is capable of losing to anybody. And if Seattle finished say 2-2, Washington would need to go 3-1 just to tie us and hope for the tiebreaker.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ns9z1ff said:
How is strength of victory calculated? I mean, Christ, the Eagles have three wins. It only counts the strength of your wins, regardless of how many? That doesn't seem right...

Remember that SOV as a tiebreaker doesn't enter the conversation until well after things like W/L record are considered. The Eagles have a great SOV, but the fact that they only have 3 wins dooms them before SOV ever comes into the picture.

themunn

Reaction score
rainger":3a19rgit said:

You say that, but for that to be a worry, we'd need the Giants to win the division AND the redskins to win 1 more than we do.
Assuming we win 3 for that situation to pan out, the Redskins would have to win out and the Giants would also need victories against the Falcons, Saints and Ravens.

What I see most likely is that if the Redskins win out (which would require a very unlikely 7 game win streak) they win the division .
But if we win out we're favoured for the number 2 seed - unless Green Bay also win out (as I don't see SF winning in NE). So we need to support the Bears in week 15!!

nsport

Reaction score
...and we have the lowest strength of schedule in our losses.... :(