DangeRuss vs. RGIII

Giblien

Reaction score
Anyone have a detailed, and recent comparison of these two?

kobebryant

Reaction score
ummm both are studs and fun to watch.

other than that I don't have much detail to give you. Happy to have Russ and that RG3 dude is around to torment Philly,NY and Dallas.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Russ 3rd round pick.

RG3 like 3 first round picks and whatever else the Redskins gave up for him.

I think we've got the better player, with the better future, and definatly the better value. I think they can both be great, great players in this league. Both are students of the game and hard workers and will continue to get better. I think that Wilson has better longevity due to Griffin's playing style.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
St Louis
Griffin: 20/29 206yds 7.1 1 TD 1 INT RTG 86.3
Wilson: 17/25 160yds 6.4 0 TD 3 INT RTG 45.8

Minnesota
Griffin: 17/22 182yds 8.3 1 TD 1 INT RTG 97.2
Wilson: 16/24 173yds 7.2 3 TD 0 INT RTG 127.3

Carolina
Griffin: 23/39 215yds 5.5 0 TD 0 INT RTG 74.2
Wilson: 19/25 221yds 8.8 1 TD 2 INT RTG 82.3

Dallas
Griffin: 19/27 304yds 11.3 4 TD 1 INT RTG 131.8
Wilson: 15/20 151yds 7.6 1 TD 0 INT RTG 112.7

Griffin: 2 wins, 2 losses 6 TD 3 INT
Wilson: 3 wins, 1 loss 5 TD 5 INT

Much as Wilson was extremely better than Luck, RGIII squeaks it out against Wilson

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If God told me tonight that I could hold the key to trading Russell Wilson straight up for RGIII right here, right now, and it would happen I would very politely and respectfully decline.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Aros":2vtkbiu3 said:
If God told me tonight that I could hold the key to trading Russell Wilson straight up for RGIII right here, right now, and it would happen I would very politely and respectfully decline.

Yeah, RW doesn't have the injury history and he has that IT factor. You just know he's playing his best ball with the game on the line..... That is a great trait.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wow that would be hard to turn down. Both are amazing players, I'd guess if Wilson was 6'2 he'd have gone #2 or #3. They are both so good I think I like Wilson's personality better adn I think he might have a better work ethic, but he will always have some limitations at 5'11 no matter how well he over comes them. This fells like comparing Brees, Brady, and Manning can't really complain with either. I'm sure Saints fans would want Brees, Pats Brady and Indy/Denver Manning. All have a SB ring, Brady the most but he also has had the best coach and support.

So a homer as this sounds I'd take Russ, he was meant to be a Seahawk!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
A lot of knowledgable .netters wanted RG3 before his stock rose too high for us to get. Even then, some wanted us to trade up to get him. We all knew the kid would be special. Better than Luck. I don't think that if we'd drafted RG3 and the Skins had drafted Wilson that we'd be saying we'd trade RG3 for Wilson.

But I'm happy with Wilson. Both are great. Both will be great QB's.

Twisted

Reaction score
RG gets a whole lot luckier than Wilson, a 43 yrd run against the Giants on Monday night, sure that happens every day, he gets lucky a lot i that his bad stuff isn't exploited and his normal stuff is sensationalized, on the other hand RW gets unlucky, Hawks D gives up a 48 yrd pass to da bears that puts them in position to tie the game?

meh, RG gets lucky, A LOT

take that for what its worth

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting that RGIII won't be every bit as good as RW when all is said and done. All three of the best rookie QBs look to be likely Pro Bowl/All Pro/HoF potential for years to come. What makes my decision easy is not just the obvious fact that this kid is a WINNER with the "IT" factor who will win us Championships, but his character and who he is as a human being is unprecendented. Not since Steve Largent have I been in such awe of the complete package. I'm sure Luck and RGIII are fine individuals, but RW is on a whole other level of exceptional character and committment to greatness, on and off the field.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Homerism and other reasons aside, I'll take RW simply because RG3 is going to have to hang it up early due to injuries, IMO. He's not doing his body any favors by taking all these shots. He's already had a concussion this year and I'm surprised he didn't have another tonight vs. the Giants after a particular pretty hard hit.

kobebryant

Reaction score
we don't have to knock RG3 just becasue we (rightfully so) love Russ. RG3 is a flat-out star that does everything and more that you want on a football field, but yes, I am still rolling with Russ.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rpmischris":am93iuuz said:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead...iffin+III&playerThree=Andrew+Luck&playerFour=

Here is a detailed player comparison between RW RG3 and Luck

I think RG3 is owning RW statistically but RW just has that confidence thing going for him that can not be accounted for on paper.

Wilson has been held back, and Lynch has to be factored in to these stats too.

RW studies the game like no other QB in the League.
RW has more TD's, and bottom line?, Wilson will more than likely edge out all the competition with his ceiling being higher that those two first rounders.

Had we had the chance to get Luck in the draft (before really knowing what RW the warrior had to offer) I would have been estatic, BUT as it turned out, I'm happy as hell that we wound up with Wilson, because I don't really know if Luck or RGIII would have had the same resolve and savy to adjust to Pete and Bevels system with the same success.

Wilson has a maturation beyong a 12 game Rook....Seahawks are set @ QB.

themunn

Reaction score
scutterhawk":234v2u1d said:
rpmischris":234v2u1d said:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead...iffin+III&playerThree=Andrew+Luck&playerFour=

Here is a detailed player comparison between RW RG3 and Luck

I think RG3 is owning RW statistically but RW just has that confidence thing going for him that can not be accounted for on paper.

Wilson has been held back, and Lynch has to be factored in to these stats too.

RW studies the game like no other QB in the League.
RW has more TD's, and bottom line?, Wilson will more than likely edge out all the competition with his ceiling being higher that those two first rounders.

Had we had the chance to get Luck in the draft (before really knowing what RW the warrior had to offer) I would have been estatic, BUT as it turned out, I'm happy as hell that we wound up with Wilson, because I don't really know if Luck or RGIII would have had the same resolve and savy to adjust to Pete and Bevels system with the same success.

Wilson has a maturation beyong a 12 game Rook....Seahawks are set @ QB.

Honestly I don't think he has a higher ceiling than any of the top 3 first rounders - I just think he's more likely to reach his ceiling (which is still very high) because of his Brady/Manning-esque work-rate.
Perhaps the others will do the same, Luck is the most likely to IMO, but Wilson is definitely the hardest worker at the moment, and that's the most important factor.

Jac

Reaction score
There has been this narrative all season that Luck and RG3 will be linked for the rest of their careers. I think the way it could play out is that Wilson and RG3 are the ones linked. They could be the 'next generation QB style' Manning vs. Brady in the NFC.