Why the Edwards catch should not have been over turned

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Braylon Edwards: Collector of the kind of easily-excused almost-catches that Golden Tate, somehow, just doesn't drop.

Yep. Braylon doesn't catch either of these.

The question with Tate's catch in Miami - yes he's on the ground and he's been touched by the player... but before he's caught the ball. From the moment that he has possession of the ball I don't think anyone touches him whilst he's on the ground.

If a player was blocked and fell to the ground, caught the ball on the ground somehow and got up and ran it in... is he down by contact?
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• I don't even know how Pereira is employed in his current position. Seriously, he's supposed to be the "expert" on all the close calls around the league, but I haven't heard him once say a call should be over turned, or that there is EVER a bad call.

All he does is stick up for the refs. No drama and no entertainment there. Fire his ass.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:as far as soldier field, ya man it looked raggedy as hell, but being an old cat from way back, i love any field with real dirt and grass.... nothing like seeing the apposing QB get up with a big hunk of turf stuck in his facemask...

what he said...
    crucifyd
    NET Practice Squad

• crucifyd wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:as far as soldier field, ya man it looked raggedy as hell, but being an old cat from way back, i love any field with real dirt and grass.... nothing like seeing the apposing QB get up with a big hunk of turf stuck in his facemask...

what he said...

yeah, there is something sacred about a field you can actually get dirty on
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

• themunn wrote:The question with Tate's catch in Miami - yes he's on the ground and he's been touched by the player... but before he's caught the ball. From the moment that he has possession of the ball I don't think anyone touches him whilst he's on the ground.

If a player was blocked and fell to the ground, caught the ball on the ground somehow and got up and ran it in... is he down by contact?

He has his arms under the ball and is touched by the player. The full control of the ball may come as he is off the guy but as I see it the ball makes impact with tate when he is touched by the other player.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information