Wagering (legally , but of course) on the Hawks

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Does anybody here have any money at stake from futures bets? Like bets from this summer to win the NFC West or the Regular season wins or the NFC Championship or the Super Bowl? Or maybe even individual player props? What's at stake and how are they looking?

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I put 390 down to win 300 on them winning more than 7.5 games. Also 50 to win 200 for the NFC West title, at least there's still hope.

I also had WAS at over 6.5 games and ATL to win over 9 which has already hit.

I'm a degenerate. The Seahawks have done pretty well for me this year though. And Harbaugh not taking that safety saved me like 200 bucks.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ofhfx2s said:
I heard Largent80 put 1000 bucks down on the Hawks to win something. Saw it somewhere on this board.

I put $1000 on the Hawks to win the SB. Still have a chance, so I guess it is looking good? I don't have my betting slip in front of me, and haven't looked at in a bit, but I believe the odds were 30:1 or somewhere near that.

OP
OP
J

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":189ac0cr said:
I heard Largent80 put 1000 bucks down on the Hawks to win something. Saw it somewhere on this board.

^Okay, well I don't know if maybe you are part of his schtick or however you spell it but I'm not talking about Monopoly money. He claimed he got 16-1 odds on Seattle winning 8games and anybody who knows anything about gambling knows it doesn't work like that. 16Grand! yeah, right!! I'm asking for honesty from degenerate gamblers-not dishonesty from plain old degenerates. LOL.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawksFTW":ezx986c0 said:
Tech Worlds":ezx986c0 said:

I put $1000 on the Hawks to win the SB. Still have a chance, so I guess it is looking good? I don't have my betting slip in front of me, and haven't looked at in a bit, but I believe the odds were 30:1 or somewhere near that.

Wow! If the Hawks win the Superbowl you could buy a whole new trailer!

OP
OP
J

jamsomatic

Reaction score
HawksFTW":1gahgtlq said:
Tech Worlds":1gahgtlq said:

Nice!! Although your odds were probably better than that. The Seahawks are CURRENTLY 33-1 to win the SB.

I got them at 79-1 in March for the Super Bowl and 36 to 1 to win NFC also in March.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
jamsomatic":aw37e5n4 said:
HawksFTW":aw37e5n4 said:
Tech Worlds":aw37e5n4 said:

Nice!! Although your odds were probably better than that. The Seahawks are CURRENTLY 33-1 to win the SB.

I got them at 79-1 in March for the Super Bowl and 36 to 1 to win NFC also in March.

This was right before the preseason started, and like I said I haven't looked at it but once or twice since then. I don't think it is significantly more than 30. I will look at it when I get home.

Tech Worlds":aw37e5n4 said:
Wow! If the Hawks win the Superbowl you could buy a whole new trailer!

Are you implying I currently live in a trailer? Ha. Anyway, I promised I would by my oldest son a new car with the money, since he was the inspiration for the bet.

OP
OP
J

jamsomatic

Reaction score
I win a few grand if we get one more victory for over/under on total wins.

And my division bets are still alive

But the one I missed out on was Seattle TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS at +270. Loved the bet but had no more money to invest! LOL!! Oh, we'll. perspective and fun and enjoy the wins when they come right?

Largent80

Reaction score
I was in Vegas all weekend and put $200 on the Hawks Saturday night. Got back $565 on that one, and I put 1 large on the "Over" in the pre season. In other words Vegas set the line at 7.5 wins. Since it is impossible to get a half win, all I need to cash is 1 more Hawk win and at 16 to 1 odds. So, if the Hawks win 1 more game, I win $16,000 smackeroonies. I thought this was the easiest bet I have ever made, and I wish I would have went with a much larger amount.

OP
OP
J

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Largent80":29dkyxgf said:
I was in Vegas all weekend and put $200 on the Hawks Saturday night. Got back $565 on that one, and I put 1 large on the "Over" in the pre season. In other words Vegas set the line at 7.5 wins. Since it is impossible to get a half win, all I need to cash is 1 more Hawk win and at 16 to 1 odds. So, if the Hawks win 1 more game, I win $16,000 smackeroonies. I thought this was the easiest bet I have ever made, and I wish I would have went with a much larger amount.

Sorry. Just had to capture this. Meanwhile: :roll:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":2v82mkii said:

There's no way you got 16 to 1 odds on an over/under win total bet. Are you sure you're reading the ticket right? Does it say +160?

OP
OP
J

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3fc9hxrk said:
There's no way you got 16 to 1 odds on an over/under win total bet. Are you sure you're reading the ticket right? Does it say +160?

Odds weren't even that good. Sure hope he hasn't already spent that "16 grand"! LOL

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawksFTW":yhmm323a said:
Tech Worlds":yhmm323a said:

30:1? They were at 50:1 at the beginning of the season.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
I was in Vegas over Thanksgiving and the Tropicana had the Seahawks to win the SB at 18 to 1. I imagine the other places were similar.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, whatever you want to think/believe....I bet 1,000 on the Hawks to win 8 games and I am cashing a big assed ticket.

Have fun, I know I am.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
jamsomatic":3o8azeoc said:
Mandu":3o8azeoc said:
I was in Vegas over Thanksgiving and the Tropicana had the Seahawks to win the SB at 18 to 1. I imagine the other places were similar.
Did you invest?

I was about to put down $200 on them and got cold feet. Oh me of little faith. I did win several hundred betting on the Skins and the Texans. Lost a couple of hundred betting on the Jets to beat NE. That was an idiot bet.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
So I'll be in Vegas this weekend, once again, for Pacquiao fight weekend. I wanted to wager some money on the Hawks but do I have to be in Vegas to collect? I'm leaving Sunday morning to catch the game vs the Cards