Would you accept Matt Hasselbeck in 2013 as Wilson's backup?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Just spit-balling here, this has no rumor behind it or anything.. but say the Seahawks move Flynn to the Jets or something for a pick and the Titans cut ties with Hasselbeck.

Would you welcome Hass back to be the vet backup behind Wilson? It would give us a solid guy to have just in case something happened to Wilson, while at the same time allow Hass to retire as a Seahawk.

Thoughts?

mistaowen

Reaction score
At some point I hope we sign him back, at least for a game, so he can retire a Seahawk. I don't know if I'd want him back in case RW gets hurt though. He hasn't looked too great this season for the Titans and he doesn't fit our offense at all.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I kind of hope we keep Flynn around. He may have been overpaid with this big bonus, but as his contract progresses, the salaries aren't that bad.

But IF we trade or in some other way, get rid of Flynn, AND the Titans let Hasselbeck go, I wouldn't mind his being a backup. Although I think I'd just rather he sign a one day deal and retire a seahawk that way.

CANHawk

Reaction score
As long as he knows his role! This might be the house that Hass built, but Wilson's going to put in hardwood floors, a walk-in humidor and a pool!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
It's a tough question, honestly. He'll be 38 years old early in next season, and while it would be nice to have a vet with plenty of game experience as our backup, I'd be concerned over having a guy that old and with Hass' injury history. And that's obviously not considering what he means to our franchise.

Difficult call, and I can see pros and cons all over the place.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Nope, he doesn't fit what we want to do and he isn't a serviceable QB at this point in his career. That era is over.....lets keep it that way.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
They would be better off drafting/developing a young QB late in the draft, develop & then trade.

hawker84

Reaction score
experience wise man that would be tough to say no to.. but his age, plus his body is just beaten down. think i would have to pass...

Latest posts