I've seen Zorn, Krieg, Moon, Hasselbeck...

HawkEye

Reaction score
...and all the "etc's" we've had, and I admit it...This kid is the real deal! I'm in the bandwagon!!

Could he be our best QB so far? What do you think?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hell yeah... and I've seen 'em all as well. :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
He has the potential to be for sure. I love this kid, he's special.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
He is already better then Hasselbeck.

We never see those 3 - 5 plays a game from Wilson that Hass always had where you just couldn't figure out what he was thinking.

We got our guy.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
I'm as excited as anyone about his progress and the game yesterday was as fun to watch as any I can remember. I think his potential exceeds that of any other QB that has previously been considered a franchise QB (and I'm not trying to discount the contributions of some very special QBs we've had in the past). Still...it's WAY too early to call him the best ever. Let's talk again in a few years - and I'll be hoping it's a slam dunk by then.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1m4gnvj3 said:

We never see those 3 - 5 plays a game from Wilson that Hass always had where you just couldn't figure out what he was thinking.

We got our guy.
VERY :13:

zayden185

Reaction score
remember this joke?

What was the most common thing said on sundays in the 80's?

'Effing Krieg?"

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2pn189pm said:

We got our guy.

Correct. Hass earned the nickname "Spazzlebeck" honestly. Wilson is far more controlled in his decision making. Not perfect but certainly more cerebral. As he get better at reading defenses, checking down and modulating his snap counts it will only get better.

usc17hawk

Reaction score
I've seen Gelbaugh, McGwire, Mirer, Freisz, Moon, Dilfer, Hamdan, and Teel.

NYCoug

Reaction score
usc17hawk":21dfm383 said:
I've seen Gelbaugh, McGwire, Mirer, Freisz, Moon, Dilfer, Hamdan, and Teel.

Don't forget Glenn Foley!

I think Russ has the potential to be the best. If he can stay healthy for the duration of his career, I think he'll go down as the Seahawks Greatest PLAYER of all-time, not just QB.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":46997s7u said:

We got our guy.

While I'm not down on the guy, there was one thing Matt did which always infuriated me. Remember how he would read a defense, audible to the run if he didn't like it, then burn a timeout when the defense shifted? You could always tell by his facial expression prior to the snap, whether or not he would call a timeout. It seemed like this sort of thing played into the game plans of the defenses we faced as they had seen it happen on film dozens of times before.

We definitely have our guy. Russell calls the play then executes it masterfully, improvising when he needs to. Awesome.

Seahawkfaninvegas

Reaction score
I just spent the weekend hosting one of our ex QB's and while watching the game he agreed that Russ is something to behold. BTW, no crap about my jersey!! Dave gave me plenty for it!!! LOL

20121202 114800

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I too have seen them all play from Day 1 and while Zorn, Krieg, Moon and Hasselbeck will always have a special place in my Seahawk heart, I am already convinced Wilson will outshine them all the way to Canton. Watch and see.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I've also seen all the Hawks QBs 'sinceday1' and this kid definitely has a GREAT chance to be the best ever for this franchise. It's too early, but considering he just played his 12th game as a pro and we've seen some amazing play from him already, it's not hard to envision where he's headed. I do believe he will easily surpass all the other Hawks' QBs of the past and has the potential to be something even more special than that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wilson has outperformed any expectations. Nothing fazes this guy. That's what impresses me the most about him. He's extremely poised. After the debacle at QB the past couple of years, it's good to see someone who is calm, collected, and makes plays. Bears win was awesome. He definitely should be in the mix for ROY. I think it's between him and Luck. He doesn't have the numbers but he's doing what he needs to for his team to win. He's not costing his team by turning over the ball. Luck throws a lot of INTs. He had 3 yesterday. Also he's a third rounder and not #1 or #2 pick but he's playing like the #1 pick right now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
By the way, where's this guy's post on this thread?
cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.