Prepare For It. You Know It's Coming.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahawks face the Packers in Green Bay in the playoffs.

After the national attention and media fiasco from the Hail Mary play, you know the Football Gods have already arranged for this event to happen.

I'd put money on it.

And right now, my money is on Russell Wilson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Oh man. As interesting of a matchup as that is, I'd rather not play a team that has EXTRA motivation to beat us. You know the Packers would be frothing at the mouth for that rematch.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The 49ers are going to lose to the Patriots, we're going to win out and win the division. However, we might very well travel to Green Bay for round two of the play-offs. :D

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You notice I never said Wild Card. ;)

And Sgt...I WANT the extra motivation. It will make it all the more sweeter when Wilson outplays Rodgers and the Packers in their house FAIR AND SQUARE.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2o7fcdf4 said:
Oh man. As interesting of a matchup as that is, I'd rather not play a team that has EXTRA motivation to beat us. You know the Packers would be frothing at the mouth for that rematch.

If there is not motivation to win a playoff game I would say the players not motivated should find a new career. You could also "spin" it as a hawk and say "look...the media thinks we are not worthy of that win"... I don't buy "EXTRA".

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
With how much better Wilson is, I bet we score a lot more than 14 points the second time around. I'd like to see it. I'd also like for it to end on another game winning drive for Wilson.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, if we win the division, and win out the season, and Green Bay loses one game, we would have won our division, and we would jump over Green Bay in the playoff seeding due to our victory. This scenario would mean any game between us very well could be at CLINK.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nah, I don't want any controversy. None. I don't want the win tainted with a controversial call that the media and fans can latch on to as the only reason we won.

I want to beat them, straight up, no controversy. Just a good old fashion ass kicking.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Aros":hwwv6ws4 said:
I want to beat them, straight up, no controversy. Just a good old fashion ass kicking.

So just like the first game this season?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HawksFTW":f8cyfgcv said:
Aros":f8cyfgcv said:

So just like the first game this season?

Exactly! :th2thumbs:

HawksFTW

Reaction score
CANHawk":345mg0to said:
If Russell Wilson were here, he'd tell you all that we need to take things one game at a time...

He would then send each of us a lengthy PM, giving us tips on how to be better posters.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawksFTW":3tq6l2ne said:
CANHawk":3tq6l2ne said:
If Russell Wilson were here, he'd tell you all that we need to take things one game at a time...

He would then send each of us a lengthy PM, giving us tips on how to be better posters.

I'd read and apply them.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
And Mike Carey would be officiating the game.......Man, I strongly dislike that guy!

themunn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23rtscs5 said:

I'd suggest the Hawks players would go into that game wanting to win more, because they have a legitimate reason to be pissed off with the reaction afterwards, people calling them cheats, wishing Tate would die and of course the whole "7-5*"

I guarantee every player is fired up for that game

Seeker

Reaction score
Hell if the hawks win the NFC west, wont we play them here?

Osprey12

Reaction score
I'm more afraid of the refs, do you think they want to make a close call in lambeau in the playoffs in the hawks favor after the hail Mary got so much attention? They are probably still scratching there heads on how the bears lost.

Reaction score
I'm 100000% behind the idea of playing the Packers....bring it on.

I've been annoyed (and even pissed off) by the Packer fans and media disregarding that game as some sort of officiating catastrophe. We earned that win, regardless of the Tate decision.

Now we are even better, and believe me I think OUR team will also have extra motivation to take it to the Packers. They have no reason to fear them, know they can beat them, HAVE beat them...hell, even straight abused them for one half.

I would think they want badly to remove that asterisk from the season as well with a 10+ point beating of the Packers, whether it's at home or away.