Michael Robinson

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Michael Robinson
Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:40 pm
  • I was impressed as all hell with his reaction to his own personal mauling of Tim Jennings. He knew he flat out fkkd dude up. In a day and age where we're all used to seeing a barbaric end zone like dance after such a trampling, it was nice to see compassion at its finest. Note to self: Robinson officially leapftogs Lynch on who I want to get a grill with.
    TalontedNoseRider
    * NET Kook *

Re: Michael Robinson
Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:44 pm
  • It's true. It was evident he heard/felt something crack and responded naturally appropriately and immediately.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 pm
  • MRob has quickly become one of my favorite players on the roster.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:MRob has quickly become one of my favorite players on the roster.

I remember when he was universally hated on .net..... lol
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 pm
  • Absolute class act today.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:30 pm
  • Agreed. MRob is aces in my book.

And 515; I hate any 220lb dude trying to pass himself off as a fullback, but since he's bulked up to 240+ I have no problem what so ever. He's been one of the best fbs in the league now Imo.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:34 pm
  • John Boyle (Daily Herald) pointed this out as well. He figured it was a flashback to Mike's Penn State days and the following incident when they played the Minnesota Golden Golphers.

As he lay on the field after a violent collision, Brandon Owens initially thought he wasn't hurt too badly. He couldn't move his right arm, and his legs were a little tingly. Just a bad stinger, he thought.

"After about 10 minutes I still couldn't move my arm," Owens said. "I knew something was wrong."

That collision with Penn State quarterback Michael Robinson on Oct. 1, 2005, dramatically changed Owens' life. An emerging star at strong safety for the Gophers, Owens suffered nerve damage in his neck, ending his career. Owens has endured two major surgeries, including one this June, and still cannot use his right arm for daily functions.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/11688951.html
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 am
  • Holy shit, I had not seen that. That would explain the concern as it was eerily similar!
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 am
  • drdiags wrote:John Boyle (Daily Herald) pointed this out as well. He figured it was a flashback to Mike's Penn State days and the following incident when they played the Minnesota Golden Golphers.

As he lay on the field after a violent collision, Brandon Owens initially thought he wasn't hurt too badly. He couldn't move his right arm, and his legs were a little tingly. Just a bad stinger, he thought.

"After about 10 minutes I still couldn't move my arm," Owens said. "I knew something was wrong."

That collision with Penn State quarterback Michael Robinson on Oct. 1, 2005, dramatically changed Owens' life. An emerging star at strong safety for the Gophers, Owens suffered nerve damage in his neck, ending his career. Owens has endured two major surgeries, including one this June, and still cannot use his right arm for daily functions.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/11688951.html

Damn that sucks. Additional suckage for being a big bad ball buster of a strong safety who got ktfo'd by a quarterback...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 am
  • The problem was the angle that Jennings took. He just looked all wrong and I hate to say it... but is this a result of the new rules being pushed by the commissioner? Now players see a player they are lining up to tackle and that thought pops into their head for a nanosecond about how they might need to reposition themselves, or turn slightly, or just do something different so they are NOT playing on instinct because they don't want to harm their team with a penalty or a fine? Something to consider. The big push to prevent injuries very well may be leading to injuries, and I hope that's not the case with Tim Jennings. He's a great player and I'd hate it if his finest season comes to an end because he heard that little commissioner voice whispering in his ear as M-Rob approached.

I was also very impressed with M-Rob quickly running back and his genuine concern for an opponent. He didn't stand up and fold his arms and stare down the crowd or any of that crap. He knows that the game of life can change in an instant, and that play looked downright scary as it happened.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information