Bears show respect for RW and the Seahawks!

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/12 ... g.facebook

Feels good to see players who give respect where its due! Especially coming from those who line up across from Russ and see first hand what he's about.

WR Brandon Marshall: "He's a leader. He's a born leader. I listened to the guy talk. I watch how he conducts himself, how he handles himself. That's a guy I can watch and learn from. Even as a rookie, a young guy, Russell Wilson is a guy that is going to be special. He is special already. He did a great job today and he stayed in it, drove them down the field and got the job done."

QB Jay Cutler: "He is a good quarterback. They do a good job with him. They started doing that read option, and they were doing some delays off of it and giving him the corner. They ran the ball well with Marshawn Lynch - he is a tough running back. They did a good job."

NB Kelvin Hayden: "He was able to get out (of) the pocket and buy some time. Anytime the quarterback gets out of the pocket, coverage breaks down, and he made the plays. You have to remember, this guy is a rookie. So, hats off to him. He's making the plays. They made plays, and we didn't."

DE Julius Peppers: "It was tough. He presented a challenge with his feet. He's a good young player. He made some plays with his legs today. We were prepared for it. But he did a pretty good job today."

Coach Lovie Smith: "Russell Wilson, you have to give him a lot of credit. He played well. He had a great game. A lot of the success that they had was kind of based on what he did. On those last two drives for us, they just kept the ball moving. It was passing there for a while, running the football. We talked about tackling. Games like that, again, we didn't do a lot right and just didn't make some plays we needed to in that situation."

warden

Reaction score
The Bears are showing a lot of class

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty classy. Sometimes players are too pissed off after a loss to heap a bunch of praise on the team that just beat them but it's no secret this kid is special and I mean once in a lifetime special. The other teams and even media can see it.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Bears just got a little cooler in my book. They are now my 2nd favorite team in the NFC North.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well, its not like they could say... "Russell Wilson? yea, he sucks." After he kicked their ass up and down the field on a 177 yard winning scoring drive. :D

razgriz737

Reaction score
Aros":38x8lc7n said:
Pretty classy. Sometimes players are too pissed off after a loss to heap a bunch of praise on the team that just beat them but it's no secret this kid is special and I mean once in a lifetime special. The other teams and even media can see it.
*cough* Packers *cough*
Anyone else see what Aaron Rodgers said today?

razgriz737

Reaction score
gargantual":3slowxcb said:
What did Aaron Rodgers say?
Was asked something along the lines of "How do you feel about the Seahawks helping your playoff chances?"
Said: "I can’t say there are many Seahawks fans in our locker room, but we appreciate the help", in a snarky tone.
I dunno, I just kinda thought the way he said it was in bad taste. To still be holding a grudge against the Seahawks when it's the refs you should be mad at (if you have to be mad at someone) is a little silly. Just my opinion. I've also been drinking.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1x24msws said:
Well, its not like they could say... "Russell Wilson? yea, he sucks." After he kicked their ass up and down the field on a 177 yard winning scoring drive. :D

I mean, some players certainly could. Aaron "I pretty much owned them with my eyes" Brooks probably would have.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Eh, re-reading what I just said I realize how pathetic I sound, haha. Disregard that^^
What the Packers O-Lineman said after the MNF game did piss me off though...
"Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed."

Psychobabbler

Reaction score
Nice post-game interview w/Urlacher. Note the size of the anchor's cojones, asking him if the defense got tired in OT.

[youtube]W2_99nhcWEM[/youtube]

Explaining away his horsecollar tackle, among other musings. What about the multitudes of beneficial calls your team received, Mr. Urlacher? Laughing at Tillman getting rocked by Real Rob...

[youtube]gkgbCvJ5teY[/youtube]

rideaducati

Reaction score
Yeah, AFTER he beats them they show respect. During the game, the Bears were actually DISrespectful to Russell and the Seahawks. The Bears thought so little of his abilities that they gave up the opportunity to go up by two scores because they thought so little of the Seahawks.

themunn

Reaction score
rideaducati":11infyk9 said:
Yeah, AFTER he beats them they show respect. During the game, the Bears were actually DISrespectful to Russell and the Seahawks. The Bears thought so little of his abilities that they gave up the opportunity to go up by two scores because they thought so little of the Seahawks.

Or they thought "we need to take every opportunity we can to score TDs over FGs because RW will drive all up and down us if we're up by less than 6 in the 4th", and considering how ineffective our D had been at stopping them, I don't really blame them

canzag

Reaction score
I saw Rodgers comments.I am so glad he said it.Makes him look like a clown even more.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Aaron Rogers comments will be filed away for future reference, an unworthy comment that fails to accept the reality they Seahawks beat them and their divisional rivals (save for the Lions and the Hawks gave that one away).

Latest posts