never gets old watchin this.......

oldschlhwkfn

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZD82D0nVoI

boggles the mind that we actually have Russell Wilson under center for this team. seems these "reach" type of draft
picks just never pan out for the Hawks. here's to you john schneider for your insight and knowledge of the game.
future is bright, good to be a Hawk fan right about now.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Two quotes by Gruden..

"He plays his best when the game is on the line"

"If I were Matt Flynn or Tavaris Jackson.. I would be leery of this guy"

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
oldschlhwkfn":2a8aqzt8 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZD82D0nVoI

boggles the mind that we actually have Russell Wilson under center for this team. seems these "reach" type of draft
picks just never pan out for the Hawks. here's to you john schneider for your insight and knowledge of the game.
future is bright, good to be a Hawk fan right about now.
i like Russel Wilson and his little dog too. :th2thumbs:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
You know what...that's the first time I've seen that video. My first impression was, "Dang, he really looks excited to be a Seahawk...not just to be drafted, but to be taken by the Seahawks". Made me smile just now. (And true confession, he has won me over, as I was highly critical and doubtful that he would be any good. I obviously was wrong).

endzorn

Reaction score
He was the only one standing up in that video.

Give Gruden some credit because he was dead on in the entire video.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
"He plays the best when the game is on the line".

Man, that is so true. Gruden really nailed everything he said in that vid.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":37h4w01p said:
You know what...that's the first time I've seen that video. My first impression was, "Dang, he really looks excited to be a Seahawk...not just to be drafted, but to be taken by the Seahawks". Made me smile just now. (And true confession, he has won me over, as I was highly critical and doubtful that he would be any good. I obviously was wrong).

I remember you on draft day, Mr. Wasted Pick. It's okay I said he wouldn't even beat out Portis... :( I'm an idiot I know.

But I can't help but love Russell Friggin' Wilson, dudes a damn baller.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1mghhj0l said:
"Dang, he really looks excited to be a Seahawk...not just to be drafted, but to be taken by the Seahawks".

Why shouldn't he have been? If he did his homework on NFL teams likely to draft him, he'd know the Seahawks are on the rise, and that Pete's probably the most likely coach in the NFL to start him in his rookie year if he performs superbly in camp and the pre-season. He probably really was hoping for the Seahawks. Just a guess.

gargantual

Reaction score
Don't remember where I read it, but in an interview, Wilson said before the draft he and his wife put all the team names into a hat and the one he pulled out ended up being the Hawks.

The feeling of destiny.....of greatness awaiting just keeps building!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3gy6pha8 said:
Jazzhawk":3gy6pha8 said:
"Dang, he really looks excited to be a Seahawk...not just to be drafted, but to be taken by the Seahawks".

Why shouldn't he have been? If he did his homework on NFL teams likely to draft him, he'd know the Seahawks are on the rise, and that Pete's probably the most likely coach in the NFL to start him in his rookie year if he performs superbly in camp and the pre-season. He probably really was hoping for the Seahawks. Just a guess.
That was kinda my point. He WANTED to be a Seahawk.