Major Wright better get a fine for that hit on Rice

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • That was a blow to the head that knocked him out and was absolute bullshit. He was already across the line, no reason for that kind of hit. He LAID in to Sidney's head with his left shoulder.

Edit to change penalty to fine.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• I didn't like it either, but...he was within inches of causing a game-saving fumble. Rice certainly wasn't in when Wright began to tee off. If it was one of our guys who executed that hit, I would defend him to death. He had to sell out to try to keep his team from losing.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• I doubt this will happen, being that it was the end of the game and because we are the Seahawks.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• I would hate it if he was fined for that. He did his job. Rice just didn't protect himself well enough.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I hope not, these fines and penalties on players are starting to annoy me. As long as its not a dirty move like Suh kicking Schaub in the the nuts, let them play some gotdamn football. They need to start fining these refs
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

• Shouldn't get fined. Sidney lowered his head, hit just as he was crossing the goal line.

But he might get fined.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• This was just posted sounds like Rice maybe ok

@espn_nfcwest: Sidney Rice seemed completely normal during postgame interviews. No indication at all he'd taken a big hit.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:I would hate it if he was fined for that. He did his job. Rice just didn't protect himself well enough.

It was a solid application of shoulder to helmet and legal. I dont like the presumed attempt to concuss our guy but if it was one of The Legion we woulda loved it or loved the attempt cuz it was TD babe!
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• wont happen
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:I would hate it if he was fined for that. He did his job. Rice just didn't protect himself well enough.

I don't know about that, just now saw the hit on espn, if he protected himself he probably wouldn't have scored. He sacrificed his body for the play.
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• to me it looked like his shoulder hit him in the back of the neck not the helmet, but i think it was a good defensive play, trying to disrupt the pass.. i don't think it was illegal... hate to see sid get bucked like that, but welcome to the NFL... Sid my man you're a warrior....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Clean hit. Rice gave him nothing to hit but his head, and the defensive player clearly went in with his shoulder.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• When I first saw the play I thought it was a crap no-call. After I saw highlights, I'm saying it was a good no-call. He hit Rice in the neck-shoulders area with his body, and rice ducked down, helping to cause the hit. I don't like saying he shouldn't get called, but I'm kinda tired of all the pussy calls the refs are calling, so I am not calling for any ref heads on this. Now, ask me about the Edwards TD call overturn and I come to you with a different point of view......
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Can't help but think if it was reversed the Hawks would have been flagged :stirthepot:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information