"This could have happened four times already this year"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • - Pete Carroll in post-game remarks.

Yes. Yes, it could have. That's how close this team is to domination. A couple of better bounces, a couple of better plays, a couple of key stops, and this team could be up in the same conversations as the Falcons and Texans. We are literally a few plays from perfection. Oh so close, and yet oh so far.

This is outstanding in year three of the four year plan.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• True dat!
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• I concur
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• The 5 losses we have, none are by more than a TD. If RW continues to develop at this pace then we really are contenders this year.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:- Pete Carroll in post-game remarks.

Yes. Yes, it could have. That's how close this team is to domination. A couple of better bounces, a couple of better plays, a couple of key stops, and this team could be up in the same conversations as the Falcons and Texans. We are literally a few plays from perfection. Oh so close, and yet oh so far.

This is outstanding in year three of the four year plan.

Bull. A loss is a loss. :sarcasm_off:
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• On the same note, we could have lost 3 just as easy. Game of inches between 4-8 and 11-1.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• sturg78 wrote:On the same note, we could have lost 3 just as easy. Game of inches between 4-8 and 11-1.

Bingo!!!
    Hawkfan509
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Hawkfan509 wrote:
    sturg78 wrote:On the same note, we could have lost 3 just as easy. Game of inches between 4-8 and 11-1.

Bingo!!!

That said, Seattle currently has a losing record in close games. They had a losing record in close games last year too. You wouldn't expect a team to run the table in close games, but a team as good as Seattle you'd expect them to be 6-3 in close games instead of 4-5. SF has won a ton of close games the last two years, in fact most winning teams win more than their share of the close ones. Eventually that will start happening for Seattle as well- or if it didn't they'd be an exception to the norm. And if Seattle can start winning most of their close games, then we'll start seeing 11 to 13 win seasons.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    Hawkfan509 wrote:[quote="sturg78"]On the same note, we could have lost 3 just as easy. Game of inches between 4-8 and 11-1.

Bingo!!!

That said, Seattle currently has a losing record in close games. They had a losing record in close games last year too. You wouldn't expect a team to run the table in close games, but a team as good as Seattle you'd expect them to be 6-3 in close games instead of 4-5. SF has won a ton of close games the last two years, in fact most winning teams win more than their share of the close ones. Eventually that will start happening for Seattle as well- or if it didn't they'd be an exception to the norm. And if Seattle can start winning most of their close games, then we'll start seeing 11 to 13 win seasons.

Yea, we're a young team. We're gonna lose those close games. But we're a lot closer in those close games than what we might expect. Next year, I suspect we win most of those close games.[/quote]

We better or Pete will be on the hot seat
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• How is our DVOA?
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

• morgulon1 wrote:How is our DVOA?

Lol.. Ask the think tank!

Godspeed DVOA! Godspeed!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *