So, Are Sherman and Browner out for the last 4 games?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I was just curious if there are any updates on this, did they appeal yet, how long does it take to get a ruling.

Would like to have them back during the playoffs, even though our pass defense has been nothing less of suspect recently.

Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

• I wouldn't mind too much having Browner out at this point. Not a great game by him today.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• See it as a chance for our D to evolve. Maybe reserect the Bandit.

I mean, why not? Our D could use a fresh approch for 4. Other teams wont be able to gameplan as well

#1/2full
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• No update. Rumor mill is the appeals are heard this week. They won't miss any games until a ruling. Timeline really depends on their defense.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• If it's going to happen, I hope it happens now.

We have 3 of 4 at home, and are not facing any offense I would consider an "elite" passing offense. We can hold up ok, I think.

I'd rather have them back for the playoffs.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Adam Schefter said on ESPN's pregame show that their appeal meetings haven't even been scheduled yet.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I hope we just get this overwith soon. If it's going to happen, I'd rather it happen now.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Clayton just said there is a good chance they play next week, but miss the last 3 games and wild card game.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Can we suspend them ourselves and have it retroactively count? 1st and foremost I hope they are acquitted, but aside from that we really could use them in the playoffs if they happen
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• sturg78 wrote:Can we suspend them ourselves and have it retroactively count? 1st and foremost I hope they are acquitted, but aside from that we really could use them in the playoffs if they happen

If they admit they took adderall, they can start serving their suspensions now.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:Clayton just said there is a good chance they play next week, but miss the last 3 games and wild card game.

This would be terrible. Rather see them out starting next week although it looked like Browner took this week off anyway.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:Clayton just said there is a good chance they play next week, but miss the last 3 games and wild card game.

This is what I am expecting.

I feel that the league hates the Seahawks and DO NOT want to see them in the playoffs. With our remaining schedule more than easy 3 out of the four games there is a good chance that the Hawks make the post season. What better way to screw the team by ensuring a wildcard loss on the road without the best CB duo in the league?

Suspend them now, and there is still a great shot at the Hawks going to the playoffs since the only team that will be a challenge is SF. Browner and Sherman will be available to play in the wildcard game.

Politics. Dirty, nasty, underhanded politics.
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

• Which is why they should drop their appeals.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• I don't care if they actually did this stuff or not. They're not going to win their appeals. For whatever reason, it just doesn't happen. There's no transparency in the process so we'll never really know the truth.

You're better off suspending them now. Unless you are 100% certain at least one of them won't be suspended, it just makes sense. The defense could handle one of them missing the wild card game, but not both.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information