Seahawks v Bills in Toronto - anyone else going?

JYoung_Blue22

Reaction score
Super excited to be going to Toronto and seeing the Hawks. Anyone else making the trek from Seattle?

grizbob

Reaction score
Pretty sure Dom and BFS are going to be there, and I'll be there spirit from my room :)

Seeker

Reaction score
This PR stunt is gonna backfire on the bills so cold. Canadians and alaskans are traditionally big seahawks fans aren't they?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Seeker":110z5h15 said:
This PR stunt is gonna backfire on the bills so cold. Canadians and alaskans are traditionally big seahawks fans aren't they?

Lol. Do you even know where Toronto is located?

SilNWest

Reaction score
It's in North-South canadia right? Next to Vancouver and Montreal?

:sarcasm_off:

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
Seeker":34pb3bk6 said:

this is true we get more seahawk games up here cause are providers i think find it a cheaper product to buy then the big market games. well other then the bills so yes there are alot of seahawk games up here a year.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Will be there as well, is anyone planning a tailgate, or is there a fan zone that we could meet up at

BeerHawker

Reaction score
First post.

I'm going. I recommend the Fox and Fiddle, a block west of the Rogers Centre on Fort York Blvd. (south side of the stadium) for the early games. Good food, typical crappy Toronto beers and maybe some live guitar music. Best collection of TV screens in a small bar in Toronto. This was my Grey Cup HQ last week and I got to know the owner/manager, so I can get folks in if there is a line-up.

The Radish

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2vhohnfm said:
Seeker":2vhohnfm said:

Yep,,,just north and a bit east of Buffalo. French speaking tho. That won't bother Dom, you can't understand what he says in english.

:les:

djb28

Reaction score
I was gonna go until I learned that for where I want to sit and stay for the evening with 3 people costs what it would for a week in Disney! I live 3 hours away, It is not the vacation I had planned. Screw it. TV, Best seat in the house!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
The Radish":4tk7ncv9 said:
Tech Worlds":4tk7ncv9 said:
Seeker":4tk7ncv9 said:

Yep,,,just north and a bit east of Buffalo. French speaking tho. That won't bother Dom, you can't understand what he says in english.

It is certainly not French speaking and there about 50 Seahawk fans in the city. I suppose it is a bit like L.A. in that you have team fans from every team. I know fans of the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Vikings, Patriots, 49ers and Bills. The first three are the big ones in this city though - with the Bills but there aren't that many Bills fans in the city - mostly from the hinterlands.

JonRud

Reaction score
I am going. We all need to meet up before the game....and more importantly, after we win we need to 'reconvene' somewhere to watch the Patriots beat down the 49ers in the night game!!!

OP
OP
J

JYoung_Blue22

Reaction score
Sweet! I like the sound of that Fox and Fiddle joint -- I'm going to be doing some research for food/drink places this week I'll let you know if I find any other locales.

Slightly OT: Anybody been to Montreal? I'm going to be spending a few days there before arriving in Toronto and would welcome some thoughts on where to eat/drink and what to see. East-Canada Tour 2012!

The Radish

Reaction score
Been to a couple of senior pro bowling tournaments in Toronto and the main language was French then. I doubt its much different now, perhaps because its so close to the US.

French is the official language of most of Eastern Canada.

AVL

Reaction score
Since I found I'm eligible to enter Canada again, I have been thinking about it, but the wife's bd/our anniversary is the next day. She says go without her, which sounds like a trap game.

Since she has seen RW play in Raleigh most home games 3 seasons with my mother in law I am somewhat confused. Next time I will marry her on my birthday!

arghawkfan

Reaction score
JYoung_Blue22":1r2c2k3d said:
Sweet! I like the sound of that Fox and Fiddle joint -- I'm going to be doing some research for food/drink places this week I'll let you know if I find any other locales.

Slightly OT: Anybody been to Montreal? I'm going to be spending a few days there before arriving in Toronto and would welcome some thoughts on where to eat/drink and what to see. East-Canada Tour 2012!

I Live in Montreal, so let me know what kind of food you like and i'll give you a heads up on what is good. Keep in mind that Montreal is generally a Hockey town, and with the NHL Locked-out, the usual buzz around the city is somewhat dimmed out, but the nightlife is great, especially if you're a bachlor.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":3ja7d6l6 said:
Been to a couple of senior pro bowling tournaments in Toronto and the main language was French then. I doubt its much different now, perhaps because its so close to the US.

French is the official language of most of Eastern Canada.

Totally wrong on this one, Ontario is English first, always has been.