Playoff picture

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Playoff picture
Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:35 pm
  • We win our last road game and this team can legitimately be looking at 11-5. If the Niners lose one game outside of facing us and we're playing for the division. They are at New England.

So I think we win out and we win the division.

But now let's look at HFA. GB, the Giants and Chicago have 4 losses. Green Bay plays Chicago in Chicago. If the Bears win that one, the Bears then have three road games. I like our chances to finish with a tiebreaker against them if we win out. That leaves the Giants. At Washington, At Baltimore, At Atlanta, home against NO. What are the odds they win out? But they finish tied with us and they have the better conference record. Still, losing two of those road games looks very possible, meaning we win out we take the #2 slot if Green Bay loses one, Chicago loses one, the Niners lose to the Pats and the Giants lose two.

Which sounds like a lot to ask for, but given the remaining schedules for all teams concerned and it is very doable.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Re: Playoff picture
Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:40 pm
  • I agree, the biggest games left are SF at home, and BUF on the road.

ARI is in a shambles, really, but we can't sleep on the Rams. Even then, if we fix nothing, with the way both teams are playing, we still beat the Rams.

Funny thing, HFA is great, but I'd actually rather play the Giants there than here. THe Giants are a much better road team.

edit: Buffalo is going to be tough, and key. Their win today still gives them some daylight at a wildcard. They actually have something to play for.
    Last edited by Hawks46 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:40 pm
  • :thirishdrinkers: sounds good to me
    hawkfan333
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:42 pm
  • The Bills game will be a major challenge, especially if we're without Sherman and Browner.

The Niners are the Niners and can never be taken lightly.

Even the Rams won't be the cupcake game they've been in recent years, They're 4-0-1 in the division now.

Lot of games to be played, but this win was huge for our playoff hopes
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:44 pm
  • After next week, I expect all 3 of the final games (@ Buf, vs SF, vs STL) to be very tough.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:46 pm
  • This team can't sleep on anyone. We had a good day but we are a long way from dominant. CBs getting suspended will hurt a bit.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:49 pm
  • For us every game is a play off game going forward, no cupcakes and everything to play for. Each team we play has a reason to want to kick our asses. To knock us out of the playoffs and elevate their chances. Or pride and a conference win. We have to have the take no prisoners attitude and put people away.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:53 pm
  • I am a long, long way from projecting that we win out. Could we? Absolutely. Will we? With the potential suspensions, potential injuries, and overall sloppy play by the D, I would be really surprised. Nevertheless, 9-7 or 10-6 likely get us into the dance!
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information