Does anyone think Wilson should go to the pro bowl?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • At least as an alternate?

I think he deserves it. You don't see performances like that many times. And don't be fooled, Chicago has a great defense. They are not really overrated.

Also, our offense is definitely top 10. Definitely.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Too early and a lot of good QB's out there.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Chris beat me to it.

I'd really have to see the rest of the season play out. We do a lot with our run game, where guys like Luck and RGIII are putting up good numbers with their arms because they have to carry their teams. So, we wait.

I'm just loving this kid's progression. He's made a real believer out of me.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• No. The Pro Bowl is useless
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• He deserves consideration. RGIII, Brees, Rodgers, Stafford, and Ryan will take a lot of the votes I am sure. Brees throwing 5 picks to 0 TD should sway people, but it is a popularity contest.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• If we look at his last 5 games, I would say it's a maybe.

We don't ask him (other than this game) to put the team on his back and throw it a lot. Compared to other QB's that are in the NFC (Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, RG3, Drew Brees) he doesn't quite put up the same numbers as those guys.

BUT, when you dig deeper than the surface and take into consideration that he hasn't thrown a pick in... 4 or 5 games? Is on his way to break some records as a rook and yada yada, I do believe he should be in the conversation.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• djb28 wrote:No. The Pro Bowl is useless

/thread
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

• sturg78 wrote:He deserves consideration. RGIII, Brees, Rodgers, Stafford, and Ryan will take a lot of the votes I am sure. Brees throwing 5 picks to 0 TD should sway people, but it is a popularity contest.

He has a higher QB Rating than Brees, Stafford, and Ryan.
    pocketprotector
    NET Starter

• I don't think he will...not enough media coverage until now. But I do think he'll get a lot of votes from players and coaches.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• JGfromtheNW wrote:If we look at his last 5 games, I would say it's a maybe.

We don't ask him (other than this game) to put the team on his back and throw it a lot. Compared to other QB's that are in the NFC (Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, RG3, Drew Brees) he doesn't quite put up the same numbers as those guys.

BUT, when you dig deeper than the surface and take into consideration that he hasn't thrown a pick in... 4 or 5 games? Is on his way to break some records as a rook and yada yada, I do believe he should be in the conversation.

you're right until recently. Today Wilson shouldered the load ... driving the Seahawks 90 and 88 or so yards on 2 game winning touchdowns. Last week at Miami Wilson got 47 yards of help from Lynch and still had us in the game til the end.

I think you will see his remarkable progress and workload continue. The training wheels are really off at this point.
    rightbench
    NET Veteran

• Yes but, in the world I live in, should be and are, are often 2 different things :roll:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• I'd rather he be unavailable for the Pro Bowl because Seattle's in the Super Bowl.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• SeatownJay wrote:I'd rather he be unavailable for the Pro Bowl because Seattle's in the Super Bowl.

Ha! My first thought upon seeing the thread title. If Russell wills it, it is no dream. :)
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• I think Pro Bowl is asking a lot. I think we'll be lucky if he gets serious consideration for OROY, which IMO he is trending towards deserving. RGIII has had some great games and gets a lot more coverage. Andrew Luck's team is 8-4 and he has a ton of those 300+ yard games that people seem to love so much.

I'll still take Russ over all of em though.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• He could sneak in because a lot of guys back out of that thing.

So it's possible. Sure.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information