Does anyone think Wilson should go to the pro bowl?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
At least as an alternate?

I think he deserves it. You don't see performances like that many times. And don't be fooled, Chicago has a great defense. They are not really overrated.

Also, our offense is definitely top 10. Definitely.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Chris beat me to it.

I'd really have to see the rest of the season play out. We do a lot with our run game, where guys like Luck and RGIII are putting up good numbers with their arms because they have to carry their teams. So, we wait.

I'm just loving this kid's progression. He's made a real believer out of me.

sturg78

Reaction score
He deserves consideration. RGIII, Brees, Rodgers, Stafford, and Ryan will take a lot of the votes I am sure. Brees throwing 5 picks to 0 TD should sway people, but it is a popularity contest.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
If we look at his last 5 games, I would say it's a maybe.

We don't ask him (other than this game) to put the team on his back and throw it a lot. Compared to other QB's that are in the NFC (Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, RG3, Drew Brees) he doesn't quite put up the same numbers as those guys.

BUT, when you dig deeper than the surface and take into consideration that he hasn't thrown a pick in... 4 or 5 games? Is on his way to break some records as a rook and yada yada, I do believe he should be in the conversation.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
sturg78":22iwyss4 said:
He deserves consideration. RGIII, Brees, Rodgers, Stafford, and Ryan will take a lot of the votes I am sure. Brees throwing 5 picks to 0 TD should sway people, but it is a popularity contest.

He has a higher QB Rating than Brees, Stafford, and Ryan.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't think he will...not enough media coverage until now. But I do think he'll get a lot of votes from players and coaches.

rightbench

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":106wa0tq said:
If we look at his last 5 games, I would say it's a maybe.

We don't ask him (other than this game) to put the team on his back and throw it a lot. Compared to other QB's that are in the NFC (Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, RG3, Drew Brees) he doesn't quite put up the same numbers as those guys.

BUT, when you dig deeper than the surface and take into consideration that he hasn't thrown a pick in... 4 or 5 games? Is on his way to break some records as a rook and yada yada, I do believe he should be in the conversation.

you're right until recently. Today Wilson shouldered the load ... driving the Seahawks 90 and 88 or so yards on 2 game winning touchdowns. Last week at Miami Wilson got 47 yards of help from Lynch and still had us in the game til the end.

I think you will see his remarkable progress and workload continue. The training wheels are really off at this point.

grizbob

Reaction score
Yes but, in the world I live in, should be and are, are often 2 different things :roll:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
SeatownJay":47n78mfm said:
I'd rather he be unavailable for the Pro Bowl because Seattle's in the Super Bowl.

Ha! My first thought upon seeing the thread title. If Russell wills it, it is no dream. :)

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I think Pro Bowl is asking a lot. I think we'll be lucky if he gets serious consideration for OROY, which IMO he is trending towards deserving. RGIII has had some great games and gets a lot more coverage. Andrew Luck's team is 8-4 and he has a ton of those 300+ yard games that people seem to love so much.

I'll still take Russ over all of em though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He could sneak in because a lot of guys back out of that thing.

So it's possible. Sure.