Officiating this game

Pstark3

Reaction score
I know it was quickly forgotten during the end-game drama, but seriously there has to be something we can do. Emails? calls, anything?

It was the most atrociously one-sided officiated game i've ever seen, and the worst part is that it won't even be mentioned by anybody not a hawks fan.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
I took notes, let me know if I forgot something:

-Fumbled punt recovered by Seahawks, they gave the ball to the Bears without clearly recovering it (Seahawks came out with it).
-Chop block on Farwell when bears player pulled him down by facemask and tripped over him
-TD by Edwards called back despite non-indisputable evidence.
-On 3rd down, illegal hands to the face on Irvin when the OL player did the same thing, at the same time.
-Blow to the head on QB by Branch (without actual blow to head or late hit).
-Defensive holding flag picked up (Wilson was still in the pocket).
-Called holding on OL despite late hit by Bears.

DericLee

Reaction score
Me and the wife decided during the game that bad calls and officiating errors are just another factor that we will have to face each game.

If we can conqueror during such badly called games, then we can do anything!!

OP
OP
Pstark3

Pstark3

Reaction score
dutchcoug":3o8wa69p said:

-Fumbled punt recovered by Seahawks, they gave the ball to the Bears without clearly recovering it (Seahawks came out with it).
-Chop block on Farwell when bears player pulled him down by facemask and tripped over him
-On 3rd down, illegal hands to the face on Irvin when the OL player did the same thing, at the same time.
that one pissed me off like no other. i was ready to seriously do some damage

nsport

Reaction score
Rose colored glasses be damned - I can't honestly and objectively say you're not 100% right.

The ticky-tack fouls, albeit fouls on the drive that gave them their 2nd TD were easily no-call scenarios that refs always let go.

The hit on Cutler was a joke - didn't come back the other way when it was literally more egregious on RW later in the game.

That overturned TD was ridiculous. Seriously? Not enough to overturn...

I mentioned this on FB... I shouldn't know who Mike Carrey is. The fact I do tells me him and his squad are a bunch of baffoons. I would rather have the replacement refs. I stand by my original statement that the "real refs" just make faster calls - but they make as many, if not more, than the slower, plodding replacements.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
dutchcoug":1sh0695j said:

Well done sir, send this to the NFL!

SlimHawk80

Reaction score
DericLee":26l46htu said:
Me and the wife decided during the game that bad calls and officiating errors are just another factor that we will have to face each game.

Jesus..is that you?

he he j/k

Happypuppy

Reaction score
PC looked really hot. I am sure the League offices will hear from him soon. The hit to RW and not called as BS.

hawksbydesign

Reaction score
dutchcoug":2qra6uls said:

Helmet to helmet hit on Wilson running for a first down.

run and shoot

Reaction score
You actually missed a hit to the head Wilson took on the dump off to Lynch as he was going down. He got slobber knocked with a forearm on top of his helmet.

rightbench

Reaction score
Even if only 1 of those 7 calls were wrong (which more than 1 was).. the NFL should be embarassed by their referees ...

But another thing people should be mentioning is WHERE the calls happened in terms of the situations in the game. I believe both touchdown drives the bears had were results of at least 1 of these questionable calls. And there's at least 4 Seahawks points that came off the board because of them.

Just sad that i spend more time watching the refs than I do the players.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Who wants to start a petition and email the NFL. This was borderline bogus.

I was still shocked at the end when it was finally announced we had won.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Here's the thing: I agree the officiating was terrible.

I agree on the Edwards catch, but it shouldn't have been an issue. Wilson missed a wide open Miller twice in the end zone the previous two plays. That's football karma biting us in the ass, although yea, I don't see the evidence to overturn that.

The hit on Cutler when he slid was a good call. No, he didn't get hit in the head, but Branch clearly hit him after he starting sliding, and it was significant. Dumb play by Branch there.

I didn't see the hand to the face by the OL on Irvin on the same play, but if it's true, I don't see how you call it on the defense.

Wilson got drug down by the head on his one sack. No call. Wilson's short, he gets hit in the head a lot, and no one calls it. It's stupid. I counted at least twice he got hit in the head, and no call.

On Wilson's slide, it was pretty bang/bang. We would be up in arms if the call went against us. You also don't get a helmet to helmet hit when the runner leaves the pocket. Once again, I don't know how they call it for Cutler, but not for Wilson, I don't get it. It's more about contact to a QB during a slide, not really a hit to the head.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Blow to the head of Rice on the final play. Major Wright launching a shoulder to Rice's head but never called. Refs were whoring with da Bears.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
That was simply the most biased, one-sided officiating I’ve seen in a Seahawks game since the Super Bowl loss to the Steelers. Mike Carey and his crew should be investigated. Every call went against the Hawks, fumbles recovered by Seattle ruled recovered by Chicago, Lynch momentum stopped but the play is not ruled dead until he fumbles, roughing the passer called on Branch for the Cutler slide but on the exact same play later in the game when Wilson slides no penalty called for the helmet to helmet hit on Chicago, fake call on special times low block, Irvin for hands to the face even though the Bears player was doing the exact same thing to Irvin on the same play. Add to all that the overturned call on Edwards touchdown catch where there’s no way there was “indisputable” evidence to overturn the call on the field that it was a catch.

Can it all just be incompetance?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":t9bm2uxu said:
Blow to the head of Rice on the final play. Major Wright launching a shoulder to Rice's head but never called. Refs were whoring with da Bears.
I FULLY expect to see a minimum $25,000 fine for that hit on Rice at the end of the game. If Thomas had to pay $15,000 for his hit the week before, that hit on Rice is worthy of at least 25k.

I have seen plenty of calls in the NFL go for us and against us. Of course as a homer, I see more against us, but this game was particularly harsh. I actually was starting to feel like it was XL all over again. The only difference IMO (besides the obvious nature of the super bowl vs. regular season) is that we were able to continue to rally and eventually win this game in spite of the odds being heavily weighted against us.

mrblitz

Reaction score
that hands to the face on irvin where they'd be punting from their 5 to open the 3rd.. kind of maddening.

Twisted

Reaction score
dutchcoug":3wxpajma said:

Lynch fummel

djb28

Reaction score
DericLee":30zvjpdc said:

That is not how it is supposed to be for any team. And just because we escaped with a win this time, doesn't make up for all the past games or the ones in the future. You can not put up the argument that good teams over come. That may hold true to a call or two, But this was yet another blatant attempt to help another team pull out a victory. Just sickening!

Latest posts