Whose fault is the Hawks defensive woes?

sturg78

Reaction score
Aside from that last boneheaded play, it was just Marshall balling out. I guess that is on the coach to not single him out more but I guess they were just confident in Sherman and Browner being able to man him up.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
sturg78":2alci7i3 said:
Aside from that last boneheaded play, it was just Marshall balling out. I guess that is on the coach to not single him out more but I guess they were just confident in Sherman and Browner being able to man him up.

Stop, just stop. It was Matt Stafford and the Lions with their backs against the wall. Then it was AP just doing his thing. Then it was Dolphins doing...<insert excuse>

The defense is regressing. Period.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Zone defense. I don't know if that is an and/or option for the players and coaches.

Often, it's one or the other: calling, substituting, or executing.

sturg78

Reaction score
When one guy beats you, its on the coaches. When the team consistently fails on 3rd and long, its the coaches. When you have so many ballers on the D like we do and they faulter as such, its the coaches.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Entropy has this one. We were in zone defense all first half, and Marshall killed us. We switched to bump and run, and mostly shut him down the 2nd half.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
We held the Bears to 17pts on their home turf, and we suck? Yes, that one play sucked big time, but if our Defense hadn't held them to 14 pts previously, we never would have had a chance.

But hey, haters gonna hate.

jkitsune

Reaction score
LymonHawk":c8nxppaz said:
We held the Bears to 17pts on their home turf, and we suck? Yes, that one play sucked big time, but if our Defense hadn't held them to 14 pts previously, we never would have had a chance.

There were several open receivers who dropped key passes, including a deep TD strike where the receiver blew past Brandon Browner. We couldn't get pressure on an awful Bears OL. It's concerning. I'm psyched for the win, but there's legit reasons to be concerned.

razgriz737

Reaction score
jkitsune":3uofeq7v said:
LymonHawk":3uofeq7v said:

There were several open receivers who dropped key passes, including a deep TD strike where the receiver blew past Brandon Browner. We couldn't get pressure on an awful Bears OL. It's concerning. I'm psyched for the win, but there's legit reasons to be concerned.
Agreed.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
It's on coaching. They need to rush the passer more.

And hate to say it, but it looked like our corners could have used some adderall today...

ensett

Reaction score
It's gotta be both. Seems like players are getting away from the basics and trying to do to much, and the coaches need to straighten that out.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
jkitsune":20e0yzyu said:
LymonHawk":20e0yzyu said:

Funny that you mention that play and state that we couldn't get any pressure. For one, pressure from Clemmons forced Cutler out of the pocket and if holding was called after the RT tackled CC to the ground then that play would not have mattered at all.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm sure you're not using one play where we got a little bit of pressure to excuse the lack of it all game.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
razgriz737":2i79ptfo said:
jkitsune":2i79ptfo said:
LymonHawk":2i79ptfo said:

Agreed.

Disagree

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
jkitsune":34ojx1ig said:
I'm sure you're not using one play where we got a little bit of pressure to excuse the lack of it all game.

No, I am using the example that you gave to dispute your faulty claims. Now, if you had used a better example, then you may have me swayed.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't think I need to sway you unless you didn't watch the game.

Latest posts