Why do we play the Bears IN CHICAGO so damn much?

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
This is the 4th time in 3 season under Pete Carroll.

One of them was a playoff game, but still.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Scheduling formulas are set years in advance. Just one of those things.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
If they fall short of winning the NFC North, they'll come to Seattle next year (assuming we finish second in the West, which seems a safe assumption).

In any case, with two wins in the last three games there, it hasn't exactly been a house of horrors as some road venus are.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Weird things happen with the sked. That's why we have played in Pittsburgh the last 2 times (2011 and 2007) and the Steelers haven't played in Seattle since 2003.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1eyius0c said:
Conspiracy favoring the big market team. :sherlock:
:sarcasm_off:

I would think Seattle would be considered a pretty damn big market especially considering we pull in Alaska and largely Oregon/Idaho/British Columbia.

It's not like the east where you drive for an hour and are in another teams "Territory"

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
On the flip side, Green Bay keeps coming to Seattle, and the only time I can remember playing in Green Bay any time in the last decade is in the playoffs.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":23dgzdyj said:
On the flip side, Green Bay keeps coming to Seattle, and the only time I can remember playing in Green Bay any time in the last decade is in the playoffs.

Yep. We played there in the regular season in 2003...I went to that game. That might be the last time we have played there in the regular season.

themunn

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3j8yqgpx said:
MidwestHawker":3j8yqgpx said:

Yep. We played there in the regular season in 2003...I went to that game. That might be the last time we have played there in the regular season.

We played at Lambeau in 2003, 2009 and the last game of 2005 (which we lost)
They played here 2006, 2008 and 2012.

So a fairly even split all things considered (3-3 in our NFC days, plus one playoff game there)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
FlyingGreg":k5rb7gez said:
Weird things happen with the sked. That's why we have played in Pittsburgh the last 2 times (2011 and 2007) and the Steelers haven't played in Seattle since 2003.

Except a few years back when they switched up the schedule to avoid having EST teams visit the west coast too often. I know I'm not the only one who remembers that.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1tnez4dn said:
FlyingGreg":1tnez4dn said:

Except a few years back when they switched up the schedule to avoid having EST teams visit the west coast too often. I know I'm not the only one who remembers that.

Yeah that's the weird things I was talking about.. How convenient for the East Coast teams.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Next year Im going to live 5 hours from New Orleans and 3 1/2 hours from Houston. We play both those teams next year........in Seattle :x

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
themunn":1arocl8a said:
FlyingGreg":1arocl8a said:
MidwestHawker":1arocl8a said:

We played at Lambeau in 2003, 2009 and the last game of 2005 (which we lost)
They played here 2006, 2008 and 2012.

So a fairly even split all things considered (3-3 in our NFC days, plus one playoff game there)

That's right....2009 was the Mora year so I've deleted most of it from my memory. We got effing destroyed in Green Bay that season (48-10).

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, when teams came west to play the Fighting Moras, that didn't count. That whole season is a blur that I can't be bothered with.

grizbob

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":1tcinai2 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1tcinai2 said:
Conspiracy favoring the big market team. :sherlock:
:sarcasm_off:

I would think Seattle would be considered a pretty damn big market especially considering we pull in Alaska and largely Oregon/Idaho/British Columbia.

It's not like the east where you drive for an hour and are in another teams "Territory"

As an 8 year resident of AK in the '80s, I can tell you you can't/couldn't count them as a market for the Seahawks, they are/were the biggest fair weather fans you can/could find :roll:

Latest posts