Prisco's Matchups: Marshall to visit Sherman Island

JSeahawks

Reaction score
First of all, let me get out the obligatory Prisco's an idiot.

That said, he looks at some of the more intriguing 1 on 1 matchups for this week in the NFL. A couple of Seahawks/Bears matchups mentioned.

Seahawks CB Richard Sherman vs. Bears WR Brandon Marshall: Sherman, who is facing a four-game suspension for reportedly violating the league's policy on performance enhancing drugs, will play in this one. He is the best corner in the league this season, so that's big for Seattle. Expect him to spend a lot of time in man coverage on Marshall. I love these kinds of one-on-one battles. Both are physical players, which will make it fun.

Seahawks LT Russell Okung vs. Bears DE Julius Peppers: Okung has made big improvements this season and is on his way to being a top left tackle. But Peppers is a tough battle for any young tackle. He is strong and quick. Peppers will be a key to keeping Russell Wilson in the pocket.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete- ... an-island-

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Okung has Peppers' number.

If rookie Okung can shut out Peppers, then I'm sure an injury-free 3rd year Okung will do just fine again.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":31cq1cgi said:
Okung has Peppers' number.

If rookie Okung can shut out Peppers, then I'm sure an injury-free 3rd year Okung will do just fine again.

Beat me to it. He handled him quite well last time out and I don't see that changing. Peppers is also two years older.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Yeah but Peppers is a guy your average Joe Schmö knows so therefore he'll decisively beat Okung for 31 sacks. :sarcasm_off: