ESPN playoff machine

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I picked all games the rest of the season and came out with the Hawks at 9-7 (loss this week, loss to SF at home, win on the road v. Buffalo, wins at home v. AZ and StL) and in as the 6th seed playing Green Bay at 11-5 as the 3rd seed. If I missed on one Tampa Bay loss and they actually win one of those, they beat the Hawks out for the last spot.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I had us in the playoffs at 9-7. Tampa Bay also had a 9-7 record. I had us beating Buffalo in Toronto and winning against Arizona and St. Louis. Had us losing to the Bears (A) and Niners (H).

Goes to show how tough Tampa Bay's schedule is. To get them to 9-7 I gave them a win on the road in Atlanta.

Galen96

Reaction score
I don't see very many scenarios where we lose to San Fran at home... I just don't see it happening.

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
I did a simulation on whatifsports.com and it had us getting the 6 seed and then beating the giants, falcons, and 49ers all on the road and beating the patriots in the super bowl

lukerguy

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":22cimq42 said:
I had us in the playoffs at 9-7. Tampa Bay also had a 9-7 record. I had us beating Buffalo in Toronto and winning against Arizona and St. Louis. Had us losing to the Bears (A) and Niners (H).

Goes to show how tough Tampa Bay's schedule is. To get them to 9-7 I gave them a win on the road in Atlanta.

I had the same prediction and was surprised to see us in with a tie because after week 16 we were 8-7 and they had the tie breaker. Then we both win, and we were in. Weird.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Galen96":roxtfgai said:
I don't see very many scenarios where we lose to San Fran at home... I just don't see it happening.

How about our pro-bowl CBs are suspended? I think that's a pretty likely scenario that will impact our game.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Galen96":3eri6bja said:

How about the fact that they have a really good team that blew the goddamn wheels off the bears? Jeez, dont be a blind homer on my watch please.

Galen96

Reaction score
lukerguy":aks48dsc said:
Galen96":aks48dsc said:

How about our pro-bowl CBs are suspended? I think that's a pretty likely scenario that will impact our game.

First off, a Cutler-less bears. Second off, at the stick. Third off, that's the only decent team the bears have really played lately.

Our pro-bowl CB's may or may not be suspended, we don't know that yet. Similar appeals have taken years to unfold. It's not that big of a stretch to imagine it won't be resolved instantly.

Second off, while yes, they are a good team, so are we. At our house we've beat some of the best the game has seen. The 7-9 Seahawks beat the world champion Saints in the playoffs not so long ago, they beat the Superbowl champion NYG's in NY... weird... They beat the superbowl contending Raven's at home last year... pretty handily if my memory serves me right. They beat ( I don't wanna hear about it) Aaron Rodgers and his super pack at home. They beat one of the greatest of all time QBs who put up huge numbers in Tom Brady and the Pats at home. They embarrassed Tony (Media Darling) Romo after they handled the defending superbowl champs.. IN NY... at home.

This team, even without mega stars like Sherm and BB, can hang with the best in the league. AT HOME. Don't count them out so quickly.