Tate this season

beasthawk

Reaction score
I have been reflecting on the dangerous duo that has become Tate and Wilson. This season he already has 6 td's which is twice as many as his previous 2 seasons and 390 yards which is 8 more than he had all last season. His crazy jump plays and heroic catches have turned him into one of my favorite players this season to watch. His season this year reminds me of our version (on a lesser scale) of Miles Austin. I really really am starting to like him! What excitement I have for this Sunday!

Throwdown

Reaction score
He still does some things that drive me nuts, like trying to make a play when just falling forward would do just fine. But I love the guy, he's a circus play waiting to happen and everytime he makes one it almost always sparks the offense and they get rolling.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2269e36l said:
He still does some things that drive me nuts, like trying to make a play when just falling forward would do just fine.
That defines every NFL player on every team that has the ball in his hands.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I always hoped Tate would be good, but he had a real rocky start in the nfl.

He's really starting to live up to some of that potential though, and he's an exciting player. Glad to have him around now.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Tate has quiet become a favorite player of mine this year. He's probably the most agile receiver we have, even more than rice. Rice is really a basketball player catching footballs. Tate is a straight up acrobat sometimes.

He's also shown he's effective in the blocking game when needed, despite being a "little guy" by NFL standards.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sure he scares you sometimes, but the guy flat out makes plays. We don't have a lot of true playmakers on this Offense. I love how the guy plays so hard, and obviously plays to win. He's not just a guy who goes thru the motions like a lot of NFL players seem to do.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I hate that he is finally becoming the guy we thought we drafted just in time to demand a huge payday and with what he has shown, there will be teams willing to throw big money at the potential he will become elite.

Hopefully he and his agent don't try and milk the cap dry and he stays in Seattle but I would be surprised if he see's a second contract here.

In other words, I wouldn't buy his jersey just yet.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
im not gana lie, i liked this kid since day one....purely based on that fact that i think he has a badass name.

...same goes for sweezy

Killa Kam

Reaction score
His end of the year highlight reel is going to be incredible.

Goldentate greenbay catch
Dal u lee 600
Golden-Tate-TD-vs.-Vikings.jpg

and to top all of the above the most hideous throw I've ever seen lol

tate-pass2-11-11-12.gif

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Golden Tate has become a playmaker...within the context of Pete Carroll's system. He now consistently delivers on the qualities that Pete Carroll drafted him for, whereas before he was pretty much a nonfactor. But he's not a game-changer. He doesn't add an extra dimension to our offense or open up opponents.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Glad he's finally having his breakout year. He impresses me more and more each week.

Sidenote: Should he have gotten a roughing the passer flag on his pass to Rice? Looks like he got drilled. Never noticed that before, haha.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wondered that too, I mean he was throwing a pass. If it were the other way around, guaranteed the Hawks would have been flagged for it. Looking at the 1st pic, all I see is a guy with 2 feed down and the other guy with ZERO feet down. It's amazing how the media is still dwelling on that crap. Especially w/the fact that the prior drive was flat out GIVEN to the Packers on 2 horrible calls.

OP
OP
beasthawk

beasthawk

Reaction score
I agree on the acrobat comments, after that GB catch" I knew he probably hard pressure to be elite this season if he had not been so good since the game it would make it awful hard to stick up for him, since that catch he has been a man with the "IT" factor, Theres something about the intangible gift of the "IT" factor, dude straight up makes crazy crazy catches where no one else would, Remember that catch he made in MI? The one where he should have fallen without the catch , LOVE HIM!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If I'm being honest (not always the case folks, so you'd better listen up LOL) the last couple years, Tate for me, has been.... meh.

This Season though, he has been night and day different.
It just might be that he has started connecting the dots, and becoming a more complete player.

I used to pray to the Football gods that we'd discover a Receiver that throws everything he has ( guts nuts & eyeballs + tax) into makeing a play succeed, and Tate sure seems to be the kind of player that answers that description.
Sure helps that he and Wilson seem to be working from the same play charts too.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2lfl2ehe said:
Golden Tate has become a playmaker...within the context of Pete Carroll's system. He now consistently delivers on the qualities that Pete Carroll drafted him for, whereas before he was pretty much a nonfactor. But he's not a game-changer. He doesn't add an extra dimension to our offense or open up opponents.

No offense but this comment looks pretty stupid after today's game, which is good.