It won't be Marshall....

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
...that makes plays against us in the passing game. As we have seen this season, it's the "other guys" on our opponents we have to watch out for.

Marshall has 81 catches already this season. The next highest is a RB - Matt Forte at 27. Obviously, we are going to take Marshall out like we always take out #1 WRs.

This weeks WATCH LIST:

TE Matt Spaeth
TE Kellen Davis
WR Earl Bennett
WR Alshon Jeffery

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I could see them moving Marshall into the slot if he's not having success against Browner and Sherman on the outside. He only goes into the slot about 20% of the time, but against Seattle I'd gameplan to see him in the slot much more..............cause Trufant can't cover my grandma.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fphb84oz said:
I could see them moving Marshall into the slot if he's not having success against Browner and Sherman on the outside. He only goes into the slot about 20% of the time, but against Seattle I'd gameplan to see him in the slot much more..............cause Trufant can't cover my grandma.

Good possibility. I'm hoping we see Thurmond in place of Trufant this week.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
With Trufant out with a hamstring injury, looks like you get your wish. I hope the kid can finally stay healthy!

I agree on the Marshall thing. We're shutting out every opponent's top receivers. The "other guys" not-so-much.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2qiyhfdx said:
...that makes plays against us in the passing game. As we have seen this season, it's the "other guys" on our opponents we have to watch out for.

Marshall has 81 catches already this season. The next highest is a RB - Matt Forte at 27. Obviously, we are going to take Marshall out like we always take out #1 WRs.

This weeks WATCH LIST:

TE Matt Spaeth
TE Kellen Davis
WR Earl Bennett
WR Alshon Jeffery
Jeffery is OUT.

One down, three to go.

hawker84

Reaction score
bennett is the reciever to watch out for... he catches everything they throw his way.. since they know we'll try and lock down marshall, they're looking at this game as his breakout game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Time for the defense TO STEP UP! Tired of watching what was supposed to be the strength of our team, lose games for us on the road!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Anyone who is not covered by either Sherman or Browner will have some chances to make some big plays against the Hawks as we have seen this year. When we lose those guys it is going to get scary I think

ensett

Reaction score
It was about a year ago we knocked out Bears WR Johnny Knox.
He has yet to make a recovery :(

ensett

Reaction score
As far as active Bears receiving weapons go, Kellen Davis could do some damage. He hasn't really done much in his career yet but I feel like he has the ability to blow up

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":1spdnmdt said:
It'll be pretty much anyone lined up against Trufant.

He is doubtful....could be good as anyone else put in there should do better than Tru.

JKent82

Reaction score
ensett":32t7tx0d said:
It was about a year ago we knocked out Bears WR Johnny Knox.
He has yet to make a recovery :(

Ick that was one of the nastier collisions I've seen. I hope he makes it back.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Runs up the middle, short passes down the middle and deep balls.

That's how you dominate this 'hawks team.

They're as soft as Charmin in the middle of the field and forget how to run with guys that are on deep routes.

JKent82

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2ygr69ir said:
Runs up the middle, short passes down the middle and deep balls.

That's how you dominate this 'hawks team.

They're as soft as Charmin in the middle of the field and forget how to run with guys that are on deep routes.

Deep balls on broken coverages/Kam/LB's/Tru. Not on Sherm or Browner. They make you pay for throwing over the top.

The rest of it is pretty true. It starts with the runs up the middle. You can't win getting gashed up the middle. Opens up to much for the offense when you consistently can get yards straight up the gut.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Johnny Knox is the one I'd really be worried about. He always tears us up.

Bennett is also another cantidate, but either Browner or Sherman will match up on him.

I'd really like to see Browner on Marshall. Marshall isn't a burner and Browner has enough speed to match up on him, and is roughly the same size. Could be epic. I think Marshall is big enough to bully Sherman a bit.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawks46":39divsp4 said:
Johnny Knox is the one I'd really be worried about. He always tears us up.

Knox still hasn't returned after that nasty injury he had in last years game against Seattle.

Marshall is still the guy to stop. 81 receptions and 124 targets. Cutler has only 174 attempts on the season to give you an idea how many that is.