Russell Wilson will join elite company next year

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Andy Dalton, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton is one of three players in NFL history to have 20-plus touchdown passes in [each of] his first two seasons, joining Dan Marino and Peyton Manning."

Russell Wilson already has 17 TD passes with 6 game to go. He has 8 INTs so far this year.

Peyton had 26 in his rookie year with 28 INTs

Marino was 24/6 in his rookie year, completing 58% of his passes in 11 games. That comes out to 2.18 TD passes per game. Over his 17 year career he averaged 25 TD passes per year.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1...3-statistics-that-will-blow-your-mind#photo=7

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He should hit that pretty easy! I imagine they open up the pass game more next year for him as well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That is worded very poorly, it sounds as if the club is 20+ passing TDs in the first two seasons combined, when it should really say "in each of their first two seasons", lol.

Wilson will be #4. Possibly tied with Luck and Griffin. : /

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3p3gaa0g said:
Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?

You don't have to wonder, on behalf of all excited seahawks fans I already did under your name. So thank you for doing that. I am glad you are finally excited as the rest of us that it looks like we have the oh so coveted franchise QB.
:thirishdrinkers:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Fudwamper":30oj32hr said:
Tech Worlds":30oj32hr said:
Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?

You don't have to wonder, on behalf of all excited seahawks fans I already did under your name. So thank you for doing that. I am glad you are finally excited as the rest of us that it looks like we have the oh so coveted QB of the future.

Dude I am the relief driver on the bus. I am fully onboard with this mofo.

I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3tqrmhg0 said:
I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.

^^^DITTO^^^ My feeling exactly. Dude is all business, all the time. I have a complete man-crush on him, and could supplant Dave Krieg as my all-time fave Seahawk QB... And I have no doubt he will.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2fjf40um said:
Fudwamper":2fjf40um said:
Tech Worlds":2fjf40um said:

You don't have to wonder, on behalf of all excited seahawks fans I already did under your name. So thank you for doing that. I am glad you are finally excited as the rest of us that it looks like we have the oh so coveted QB of the future.

It's nice to see you so positive about something! Wilson has looked nothing short of stellar given that he's a rookie, and his work ethic and the rate at which he has improved make me confident he will continue to improve. I couldn't be happier about our QB situation right now, short of somehow having Tom Brady.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
jkitsune":2m49v5a5 said:
I couldn't be happier about our QB situation right now, short of somehow having Tom Brady.

Tom Brady's days are numbered. Russel is still a few years from his QB prime of 26-30. I can't frickin' wait to see what THAT looks like!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2iyzflr6 said:
Tech Worlds":2iyzflr6 said:

^^^DITTO^^^ My feeling exactly. Dude is all business, all the time. I have a complete man-crush on him, and could supplant Dave Krieg as my all-time fave Seahawk QB... And I have no doubt he will.

His is my favorite of all time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":orzzrxd6 said:

24366349.jpg

jkitsune

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2g496c2k said:
jkitsune":2g496c2k said:
I couldn't be happier about our QB situation right now, short of somehow having Tom Brady.

Tom Brady's days are numbered. Russel is still a few years from his QB prime of 26-30. I can't frickin' wait to see what THAT looks like!

Sure. My key clarification was 'right now,' I suppose.

themunn

Reaction score
andy dalton is a surprising inclusion on that list, but then again not many rookie quarterbacks have AJ Green calibre wide receivers. Or veteran quarterbacks for that matter.

Cam Newton might break it too, he's sitting on 11 just now, but has thrown 5 in the last 3 games and faces the entire AFC west bar the Broncos, plus the Saints and the Falcons.

9 is a distinct possibility for him there.