Russell Wilson will join elite company next year

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • "Andy Dalton, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino

    Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton is one of three players in NFL history to have 20-plus touchdown passes in [each of] his first two seasons, joining Dan Marino and Peyton Manning."

    Russell Wilson already has 17 TD passes with 6 game to go. He has 8 INTs so far this year.

    Peyton had 26 in his rookie year with 28 INTs

    Marino was 24/6 in his rookie year, completing 58% of his passes in 11 games. That comes out to 2.18 TD passes per game. Over his 17 year career he averaged 25 TD passes per year.

    http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000102182/10-week-13-statistics-that-will-blow-your-mind#photo=7
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8712
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • A lot of assuming going on, but yeah, he has a realistic shot at it.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11743
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • He should hit that pretty easy! I imagine they open up the pass game more next year for him as well.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2546
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • That is worded very poorly, it sounds as if the club is 20+ passing TDs in the first two seasons combined, when it should really say "in each of their first two seasons", lol.

    Wilson will be #4. Possibly tied with Luck and Griffin. : /
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26418
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • Tech Worlds wrote:Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?


    You don't have to wonder, on behalf of all excited seahawks fans I already did under your name. So thank you for doing that. I am glad you are finally excited as the rest of us that it looks like we have the oh so coveted franchise QB.
    :thirishdrinkers:
    Last edited by Fudwamper on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 822
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 am


  • Fudwamper wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?


    You don't have to wonder, on behalf of all excited seahawks fans I already did under your name. So thank you for doing that. I am glad you are finally excited as the rest of us that it looks like we have the oh so coveted QB of the future.
    :thirishdrinkers:


    Dude I am the relief driver on the bus. I am fully onboard with this mofo.

    I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • Tech Worlds wrote:I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.


    ^^^DITTO^^^ My feeling exactly. Dude is all business, all the time. I have a complete man-crush on him, and could supplant Dave Krieg as my all-time fave Seahawk QB... And I have no doubt he will.
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2716
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?


    You don't have to wonder, on behalf of all excited seahawks fans I already did under your name. So thank you for doing that. I am glad you are finally excited as the rest of us that it looks like we have the oh so coveted QB of the future.
    :thirishdrinkers:


    Dude I am the relief driver on the bus. I am fully onboard with this mofo.

    I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.


    It's nice to see you so positive about something! Wilson has looked nothing short of stellar given that he's a rookie, and his work ethic and the rate at which he has improved make me confident he will continue to improve. I couldn't be happier about our QB situation right now, short of somehow having Tom Brady.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2158
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • jkitsune wrote:I couldn't be happier about our QB situation right now, short of somehow having Tom Brady.


    Tom Brady's days are numbered. Russel is still a few years from his QB prime of 26-30. I can't frickin' wait to see what THAT looks like!
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2716
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • BlueThunder wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.


    ^^^DITTO^^^ My feeling exactly. Dude is all business, all the time. I have a complete man-crush on him, and could supplant Dave Krieg as my all-time fave Seahawk QB... And I have no doubt he will.


    His is my favorite of all time.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2546
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • Tech Worlds wrote:Dude I am the relief driver on the bus. I am fully onboard with this mofo.

    I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.


    Image
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26418
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • Andy Dalton? word?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19208
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • BlueThunder wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I couldn't be happier about our QB situation right now, short of somehow having Tom Brady.


    Tom Brady's days are numbered. Russel is still a few years from his QB prime of 26-30. I can't frickin' wait to see what THAT looks like!


    Sure. My key clarification was 'right now,' I suppose.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2158
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • andy dalton is a surprising inclusion on that list, but then again not many rookie quarterbacks have AJ Green calibre wide receivers. Or veteran quarterbacks for that matter.

    Cam Newton might break it too, he's sitting on 11 just now, but has thrown 5 in the last 3 games and faces the entire AFC west bar the Broncos, plus the Saints and the Falcons.

    9 is a distinct possibility for him there.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2519
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


  • Could see Wilson going 29-30 TD and 12 INT.
    User avatar
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Ballard




It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online