Russell Wilson will join elite company next year

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • "Andy Dalton, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton is one of three players in NFL history to have 20-plus touchdown passes in [each of] his first two seasons, joining Dan Marino and Peyton Manning."

Russell Wilson already has 17 TD passes with 6 game to go. He has 8 INTs so far this year.

Peyton had 26 in his rookie year with 28 INTs

Marino was 24/6 in his rookie year, completing 58% of his passes in 11 games. That comes out to 2.18 TD passes per game. Over his 17 year career he averaged 25 TD passes per year.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000102182/10-week-13-statistics-that-will-blow-your-mind#photo=7
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• A lot of assuming going on, but yeah, he has a realistic shot at it.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• He should hit that pretty easy! I imagine they open up the pass game more next year for him as well.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• That is worded very poorly, it sounds as if the club is 20+ passing TDs in the first two seasons combined, when it should really say "in each of their first two seasons", lol.

Wilson will be #4. Possibly tied with Luck and Griffin. : /
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?

You don't have to wonder, on behalf of all excited seahawks fans I already did under your name. So thank you for doing that. I am glad you are finally excited as the rest of us that it looks like we have the oh so coveted franchise QB.
    :thirishdrinkers:
    Last edited by Fudwamper on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• Fudwamper wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?

You don't have to wonder, on behalf of all excited seahawks fans I already did under your name. So thank you for doing that. I am glad you are finally excited as the rest of us that it looks like we have the oh so coveted QB of the future.

Dude I am the relief driver on the bus. I am fully onboard with this mofo.

I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.

^^^DITTO^^^ My feeling exactly. Dude is all business, all the time. I have a complete man-crush on him, and could supplant Dave Krieg as my all-time fave Seahawk QB... And I have no doubt he will.
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Yep. I wonder if we can petiton the league to wave the waiting period for the HOF?

You don't have to wonder, on behalf of all excited seahawks fans I already did under your name. So thank you for doing that. I am glad you are finally excited as the rest of us that it looks like we have the oh so coveted QB of the future.

Dude I am the relief driver on the bus. I am fully onboard with this mofo.

I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.

It's nice to see you so positive about something! Wilson has looked nothing short of stellar given that he's a rookie, and his work ethic and the rate at which he has improved make me confident he will continue to improve. I couldn't be happier about our QB situation right now, short of somehow having Tom Brady.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• jkitsune wrote:I couldn't be happier about our QB situation right now, short of somehow having Tom Brady.

Tom Brady's days are numbered. Russel is still a few years from his QB prime of 26-30. I can't frickin' wait to see what THAT looks like!

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• BlueThunder wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I am so sure that we have a legit guy now it isnt funny. His eyes. You can tell by his eyes. This guy is the face of the franchise for the next 12 years and I could not be more excited that we finally have THE guy.

^^^DITTO^^^ My feeling exactly. Dude is all business, all the time. I have a complete man-crush on him, and could supplant Dave Krieg as my all-time fave Seahawk QB... And I have no doubt he will.

His is my favorite of all time.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Dude I am the relief driver on the bus. I am fully onboard with this mofo.

"VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Andy Dalton? word?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• BlueThunder wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I couldn't be happier about our QB situation right now, short of somehow having Tom Brady.

Tom Brady's days are numbered. Russel is still a few years from his QB prime of 26-30. I can't frickin' wait to see what THAT looks like!

Sure. My key clarification was 'right now,' I suppose.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• andy dalton is a surprising inclusion on that list, but then again not many rookie quarterbacks have AJ Green calibre wide receivers. Or veteran quarterbacks for that matter.

Cam Newton might break it too, he's sitting on 11 just now, but has thrown 5 in the last 3 games and faces the entire AFC west bar the Broncos, plus the Saints and the Falcons.

9 is a distinct possibility for him there.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Could see Wilson going 29-30 TD and 12 INT.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information