That Miami game was the first time, in years,

pehawk

Reaction score
A loss so disgusted me, I tuned out from ALL sports-related nonsense entirely for a few days. I'm still so pissed off, on so many levels. I know it’s a 4 year plan, and I'm very thankful for what Pete has built, but it's getting REALLY old.

Becoming a contender is right there, in front of them, if they so choose.

I’m still just as pissed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I thought you were going to say "first time in years I did heroin after a game" or "I ate a pound of the special mushrooms and vomited for 48 hours because the Seahawks Suck".

I'm pissed too, but try to be more interesting. I'm living vicariously through everyone's meltdowns !

But yea, that one pissed me off too. This was the most winnable game left on the schedule, outside of ARI at home. We really needed this one.

disclaimer: I am in no way judging you Pehawk, for your statements. I, too, feel angry, but sarcasm has now fully taken over, and that must mean I'm over it already. I dig your posts and almost never find anything majorly 'off" about them. Today is my day to poke fun at random fans. Nothing personal to anyone here, and feel free to retaliate !

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Just been along for the ride since we lost to the Rams. We lost. To the Rams.

Season is reminding me when we started getting it together during the Holmgren years and became a real playoff team.

I can see us making the playoffs and losing a close one on the road, and next year making even more noise.

But the growing pains are tough.

I encourage you all to drink more.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":kl7kgx2b said:
I thought you were going to say "first time in years I did heroin after a game" or "I ate a pound of the special mushrooms and vomited for 48 hours because the Seahawks Suck".

I'm pissed too, but try to be more interesting. I'm living vicariously through everyone's meltdowns !

But yea, that one pissed me off too. This was the most winnable game left on the schedule, outside of ARI at home. We really needed this one.

disclaimer: I am in no way judging you Pehawk, for your statements. I, too, feel angry, but sarcasm has now fully taken over, and that must mean I'm over it already. I dig your posts and almost never find anything majorly 'off" about them. Today is my day to poke fun at random fans. Nothing personal to anyone here, and feel free to retaliate !

Unlike most on here, I actually dig shots at my expense and usually demonstrate how its done.

You notice though, I didn't come here and have a meltdown. The taste of disappointment was so pungent, I couldn't even read/hear/see anything Seahawks related.

IMO, Pete's walking a fine line right now between righting this, or it unraveling entirely and horrifically. That's an abstract opinion that I cant back up with any fact, but, I think its a real DISTINCT possibility. It was a poor move giving this team a week off for the bye. You dont give teams, especially defensive players whose lapses have given up some big plays, time off.

Heroin? What am I a ham n egger? Why shoot something that's 85% teriyaki sauce? Please, I'm a baller, I shoot stuff that'd make Michael Jackson’s anesthesiologist grin.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Be careful. The think tank is going to tell you that this team is young, has exceeded expectations, and it's wrong to think otherwise until next year when the entirety of the 4 year plan is revealed.

Oh and we have a really good DVOA.

Largent80

Reaction score
I agree Ryan. This loss was 2nd on my list of most sickening. And to me, it isn't all on Pete, but shared between all the coaches and players. It truly was a dreadful display of many aspects of the team.

I'm not even sure if a win in Chi-town vindicates that woeful display of ineptness.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This loss was hard. Way hard. And the Sherm/Browner news just hours later made it even worse. Ruined my day.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3j0w234h said:
I agree Ryan. This loss was 2nd on my list of most sickening. And to me, it isn't all on Pete, but shared between all the coaches and players. It truly was a dreadful display of many aspects of the team.

I'm not even sure if a win in Chi-town vindicates that woeful display of ineptness.

Nope, not all on Pete. That defense is actually stinking it up - mentally. The offense is beyond FINE.

Hey, and not taking anything away from the Dolphins. They came to play and were prepared.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ipng1yu said:

Retaliate?, :17: okay then, somebody get a silk rope (I don't want "Hawks46" to b*tch about rope burns)

Seriously though, I'm pissed that they got away from what was working, and without Wilson throwing a pick?, there's no excuse for Bevel to say that he was being wary, or cautious so he decided to keep on with the ground game that WASN'T working.

There was no reason to repeat with the 4th quarter meltdown as they did with the Lions, and weren't they embarrased by that punch in the mouth?.

Didn't Pete & Co. get the dejavu feeling when they saw the Defense imploding AGAIN?, I mean come on!!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought our coaches did not adjust very well, I think if Pete was honest he would say he didn't think that Dolphins offense could score 14 points on us. But really we lost because Tru and Hill were rolling out a red carpet for every crossing route, and both of our lines got their asses kicked. I still think that Pete left 10 to 14 points sitting on the field by being so damn intent of chewing clock and running on first down/

It is really the first time I have thought Pete was all wrong in his approach to a game. It felt like he was trying to win a boxing match by proving his chin was the strongest.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3hj5opxx said:
I thought our coaches did not adjust very well, I think if Pete was honest he would say he didn't think that Dolphins offense could score 14 points on us. But really we lost because Tru and Hill were rolling out a red carpet for every crossing route, and both of our lines got their asses kicked. I still think that Pete left 10 to 14 points sitting on the field by being so damn intent of chewing clock and running on first down/

It is really the first time I have thought Pete was all wrong in his approach to a game. It felt like he was trying to win a boxing match by proving his chin was the strongest.

Thats why I'm scared. It was okay when Lynch was the best player on the team. Now, Wilson's the best player on the Seahawks. Im not sure if Pete expected that or knows how to utilize that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2oek7yb1 said:
Scottemojo":2oek7yb1 said:

Thats why I'm scared. It was okay when Lynch was the best player on the team. Now, Wilson's the best player on the Seahawks. Im not sure if Pete expected that or knows how to utilize that.

Pete detests turnovers. Wilson is at his best when shit is falling apart around him and things get unpredictable. I can see how that could unnerve Pete.

I remember when Dan Reeves couldn't give up control to his playmaking quarterback. It cost him his job eventually. We are a long way from that, but I can see how it could go that way someday.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Good analogy with Reeves. screw that, great analogy.

It's really odd, but as my confidence in Wilson increases, my faith in Pete decreases. As you said, we're far from that. But, a lil voice is starting to rise in me saying "okay, we have god damn Eli Manning/Elway/Montana/Aikman, please get Pete out before he F's it up".

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3rxfomgj said:
Be careful. The think tank is going to tell you that this team is young, has exceeded expectations, and it's wrong to think otherwise until next year when the entirety of the 4 year plan is revealed.

Oh and we have a really good DVOA.

All those things are true. And yet this loss hurt badly just the same.

Also, I would not say this team has exceeded expectations, at least not mine. I had them pegged for the Superbowl this year. I do think this team will be even better in 2013 than it is in 2012, but I'd also say this team has clearly underachieved this season, in terms of wins and losses anyway.

That said, anything can happen in small sample sizes. I don't think this team will underachieve forever. With Seattle's statistics, an underachieving team is 9-7 and an over achieving team is 14-2. I think that's a pretty good situation to be in.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kearly":3r2oi2bh said:
I had them pegged for the Superbowl this year.

7ea9986decccf2d688883c86ba536dfe69ad7111_m.jpg

Rocket

Reaction score
pehawk":1suip9zk said:
Good analogy with Reeves. screw that, great analogy.

It's really odd, but as my confidence in Wilson increases, my faith in Pete decreases. As you said, we're far from that. But, a lil voice is starting to rise in me saying "okay, we have god damn Eli Manning/Elway/Montana/Aikman, please get Pete out before he F's it up".

Yep... was thinkin' that same thing in the end of the 4th quarter.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":248k849t said:
kearly":248k849t said:
I had them pegged for the Superbowl this year.

7ea9986decccf2d688883c86ba536dfe69ad7111_m.jpg

Look at it from this perspective: we had just drafted future Hall of Fame QB and ultimate team leader and teammate Russell Wilson. At that point expecting anything less than multiple Super Bowl wins is depressingly pessimistic.