Earl Thomas fined 15k for "hit" on Tannehill

falcongoggles

Reaction score
This is ludicrous. Ridiculously ludicrous. I feel like the first dominoes are falling in my breakup with the NFL. Sad really

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This bullshit is making it exponentially more and more difficult to watch and support the NFL anymore. Not just because this happened to one of our guys, but anyone in the NFL.

Let's just call it the NFFL (National Flag Football League) and be done with it.

DISGUSTING.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seriously?

Hey Goodell, maybe instead of shoveling more $h1t onto the pile, you should try apologizing for the fact that it shouldn't even have been a personal foul.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LOL. This is so bad.

First they blow the call, now they fine him for it?

Unbelievable. I guess from now on Earl should just figure out how to stop in mid air or save all the trouble and spear the QB in the chest instead.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":88vsoiqx said:
This bullshit is making it exponentially more and more difficult to watch and support the NFL anymore. Not just because this happened to one of our guys, but anyone in the NFL.

Let's just call it the NFFL (National Flag Football League) and be done with it.

DISGUSTING.

20120929004552Sarcastaball13

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
NFL is really heading towards a big, big fall.

The continued "pussification" of the game, ungodly expensive game tickets/concessions/parking, over priced merchandise . . .

Goodell is the worst thing to happen to the league in a long, long time. He's a joke.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
We are witnessing the demise of the NFL before our eyes. There are several posters on this message board who might well write several paragraphs on this subject. Once we start down that "path"...there is no stopping.

OP
OP
JKent82

JKent82

Reaction score
I hope this gets some serious airtime on TV. It needs to be looked at. It'll get appealed obviously but it never should have made it to a fine in the first place.

I understand the flag by a penalty happy quarterback protecting ref in a bang bang play. I hate it, but I get it. The fact the league can sit down and look at it and say this deserves a fine is a travesty.

It sends the wrong message to defenders and it teaches nothing to Earl. Just a complete joke.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Everyone should have been up in arms about *SB XL, instead we got dirtbag Stealers fans trying to rub the *win in our face. Now Goodell should be apologizing for the ridiculous penalty, but instead hits ET with a fine.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Next time Earl should just crush the quarterback. He's gonna get fined if he touches him anyways, might as well try and knock the crap out of the quarterback.

mikeak

Reaction score
Flag yes - sorry I understand why he can't avoid the hit once he is airborne but a flag is not the wrong call

Fine - are you seriously stupid Godell? Come on what are you thinking? This needs to be appealed

VHawk

Reaction score
Roger Goodell and his Gestapo needs to be shut the ef down.Seriously.

OP
OP
JKent82

JKent82

Reaction score
While normally I'd never be one to say this, but we need to spread the word a bit to media folks on twitter to make sure it gets media attention. It probably won't, but the NFL needs to be embarrassed by this.

OP
OP
JKent82

JKent82

Reaction score
The bigger worry is the potential for a Ed Reed style suspension. This adds a illegal hit to his tally. A few more could be a game. "continuing to ignore warnings to adjust playing style" or whatever.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":phm7db53 said:
NFL is really heading towards a big, big fall.

The continued "pussification" of the game, ungodly expensive game tickets/concessions/parking, over priced merchandise . . .

Goodell is the worst thing to happen to the league in a long, long time. He's a joke.

I actually side with Goodell on a lot of the measures to better protect players. It is inherently a violent sport, and I do agree that players should be better protected than they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's.. but this fine is ridiculous.

Agree with you on the pricing though. It's beyond ridiculous. You forgot to mention his Thursday Night Football package which is going to feature every team in the league in prime-time and on a short week to boot! Nothing says quality programming like the Jaguars and Titans at 8:30 ET on a short week. WOO!

Doubt the NFL hits that "big big fall" as in America it is the king sport and the NBA/NHL/MLB aren't likely to change that any time soon as they each have a lot of problems in their own right.. but yeah..

Latest posts