A likely scenario- week 13

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
A likely scenario- week 13
Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm
  • I know everyone is disappointed with the Mia Game. Most feel it will be very difficult to come out this week's game with win. The overall feeling I get is if we lose this game all hope is lost for the playoffs.

No so fast my friends. I'm looking at the schedule and there's a very real possibility ALL of the 6th seed playoff contenders will lose AGAIN like they did last week. In which case it comes down to the final "quarter" of the season.

Week 13:

Saints @ Falcons-- Falcons rarely lose at home- If Saints lose they have 7 losses.
    Colts @ Lions-- Lions playoff hopes are on life support. -- Lion's already have 7 and would be out with 8.
    Vikings @ Packers-- Packers would be favored and a loss would give Vikings there 6, we have head to head tie break.
    Bucaneers @ Broncos- Broncos are the hottest team in the NFL. Bucs won't win-- They will have 6 losses after this week.
    Redskins @ Giants-- Monday night- G-men have already beaten RG3 once- A loss and Redskins have 7.
    Eagles @ Cowboys-- Cowboys are very inconsistent. Who knows how this goes a loss would give them 7 we have HTH.

Just think if we pull off the win and all of these teams lose. Seattle win be in very good shape. The Vikings and Bucs have extremely tough schedules remaining. I think we'll be the last man standing come the end of December.

Vikings have to play the Packers 2X, @Houston, Bears
    Bucs have to play @ Denver, @ NO, @ ATL
    Last edited by jlwaters1 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Re: A likely scenario- week 13
Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:51 pm
  • Then it's time to separate ourselves with a huge W on the road this weekend.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 pm
  • XxxZagnutxxX wrote:Then it's time to separate ourselves with a huge W on the road this weekend.

That would be awesome! If we secure the 6th seed and Chicago win the division as the 3rd seed than it would be a rematch of this weekend. Hopefully with a better outcome than our 2010 playoff showing in Chicago.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 pm
  • Don't take this personally, jlwaters, but counting on other teams to lose in December is a time-honored Seahawks tradition. Like losing on the road and side-stepping into contention.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 pm
  • This is why the Dolphins game hurts so much more to me. We had a real chance to distance ourselves.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:57 pm
  • The way I see it. We keep losing we don't deserve a run at the Playoffs. And counting on other losers to lose is pathetic. We sneak in because of others going down and then get ripped to shreds by teams who deserve to be there. Sounds fun!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:01 pm
  • jamsomatic wrote:Don't take this personally, jlwaters, but counting on other teams to lose in December is a time-honored Seahawks tradition. Like losing on the road and side-stepping into contention.

nothing personal about it. We control our destiny. However, I don't think all the predictions about the wildcards needing 10 wins will hold true this year. TB and Vikings won't win 10 games this year IMO. NO has to win out in order to reach that number (highly unlikely) same for Dallas and Washington. I'm thinking 9-7 will be the the 6th seeds record. Which assuming that Seattle loses Sunday we'd have to go win 3 of 4. Entirely possible with 3 being home games and a winable road game (just like all the other road games :34853_doh: )
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:03 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:This is why the Dolphins game hurts so much more to me. We had a real chance to distance ourselves.

I agree. I was counting on that game. But knowing this team, we'll lose to Mia only to beat the Bears. We seem to either rise up or fall down to the level of competition.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 pm
  • just win
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:41 pm
  • That super hot Denver team sure went and dominated against those fierce Kansas City boys........

That Atlanta team sure has looked so dominant the last couple of weeks.......

Eagles - the only thing they are playing for now is not to get cut if they are deemed to have given up on the season. Foles may be good in the future but won't be enough now.

I agree on the others but I think Dallas, Saints and TB have a great shot at winning. I am contemplating taking them all as winners in our office pool (straight up no points).......
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 pm
  • I posted this exact same thread a few days ago and got no replies :(

But yeah, a loss on sunday is not the end of the world seeing as everyone vying for that last spot has very tough games in their own selves. Tomorrow nights game will be must watch TV for Seahawks fans. About time theres a TNF game to look forward to. Go Falcons!
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 pm
  • mikeak wrote:That super hot Denver team sure went and dominated against those fierce Kansas City boys........

That Atlanta team sure has looked so dominant the last couple of weeks.......

Eagles - the only thing they are playing for now is not to get cut if they are deemed to have given up on the season. Foles may be good in the future but won't be enough now.

I agree on the others but I think Dallas, Saints and TB have a great shot at winning. I am contemplating taking them all as winners in our office pool (straight up no points).......

Denver's won 6 straight, what would you call that if not hot? Furthermore that game was in KC, which is a tough environment and still found a way to win. The Bucs will have to travel to Mile High which is tough in it's own right.

The Falcon's just beat the Bucs on the road. They are nearly unbeatable at home and it's a Thurs night game. I'd say that would be in the Falcons favor.

Dallas has a real shot at beating the Eagles. Then again nothing is as it seems for the Cowboys this year.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 pm
  • djb28 wrote:The way I see it. We keep losing we don't deserve a run at the Playoffs. And counting on other losers to lose is pathetic. We sneak in because of others going down and then get ripped to shreds by teams who deserve to be there. Sounds fun!

I hate this mentality. People thought we didn't derserve to be in the playoffs 2 years ago when we Beast Mode'd the Saints. Don't Derserve it... really?
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:05 pm
  • Get hot, rip into the playoffs and bring home the Super Bowl trophy to Seattle. Questions?
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:07 pm
  • mikeak wrote:I agree on the others but I think Dallas, Saints and TB have a great shot at winning. I am contemplating taking them all as winners in our office pool (straight up no points).......

Of those three, the only one that I would bet on straight up is Dallas.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 pm
  • falcongoggles wrote:Get hot, rip into the playoffs and bring home the Super Bowl trophy to Seattle. Questions?

Where can I order my 2012 Seattle Super Bowl Champions hat and t-shirt???? :mrgreen:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:24 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    mikeak wrote:I agree on the others but I think Dallas, Saints and TB have a great shot at winning. I am contemplating taking them all as winners in our office pool (straight up no points).......

Of those three, the only one that I would bet on straight up is Dallas.

I understand but in an office pool you are better off picking all the games over leaving some blank :).

Would you pick Atlanta and Denver straight up if you were betting? I wouldn't for sure. That was my point I think those games are toss-ups and Dallas is not going to be close to a loss

I understand the number of games Atlanta won. One of those because of the stupid you can't throw a challenge on a reviewable play (turnover).

Secondly you are building the case that Atlanta is so great because in part beating TB with ONE point and then Denver played closed in a game a team that set the record for minutes NOT LEADING EVER in a game. Now that Denver team is going to play the team that just lost with one point to Atlanta......

My point is sure maybe they loose but I am definately not putting it down before the weekend. I think Tampa has a great shot at winning, Dallas will definately win and the Saints is a 50-50 going into Atlanta

In my opinion
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 pm
  • jlwaters1 wrote:No so fast my friends. I'm looking at the schedule and there's a very real possibility ALL of the 6th seed playoff contenders will lose AGAIN like they did last week.

How much longer are ALL our competitors going to keep conveniently losing? At some point, we need to win games.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    jlwaters1 wrote:No so fast my friends. I'm looking at the schedule and there's a very real possibility ALL of the 6th seed playoff contenders will lose AGAIN like they did last week.

How much longer are ALL our competitors going to keep conveniently losing? At some point, we need to win games.

No we don't. It's a 4 year plan so this year should have muted expectations.

Pete said so.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:03 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    jlwaters1 wrote:No so fast my friends. I'm looking at the schedule and there's a very real possibility ALL of the 6th seed playoff contenders will lose AGAIN like they did last week.

No we don't. It's a 4 year plan so this year should have muted expectations.

Pete said so.

:D

And then whose to say if it doesn't happen in year 4 he doesn't turn around and say "now it's a 5 year plan"?

:thfight7:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:09 pm
  • Well this makes the Dolphins loss that much worse. Thanks for that. ;)
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:14 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:And then whose to say if it doesn't happen in year 4 he doesn't turn around and say "now it's a 5 year plan"?

But why stop there? Who's to say he's not secretly planning to bulldoze the VMAC and replace it with a strip mall?
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:41 pm
  • falcongoggles wrote:Get hot, rip into the playoffs and bring home the Super Bowl trophy to Seattle. Questions?

This is what it's gonna take . Wouldn't be the first team to do it ..
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:04 pm
  • I'm with Dom. The Miami game was the most winnable game we had left on the road, and crapped the bed.

Every game is winnable, but Chi is going to be tough. BUF is also going to be tough for us, with the defense playing the way they are. Buffalo is also tough at home. If we lose both road games (likely, since this team honestly is getting into a road game funk), we have to win out at home.

Just how are we going to stop the 49ers with our run defense ? It's getting worse and worse, and the Niners with Harbaugh are good at exploiting our weaknesses. He's starting to treat Pete like the other coach was treating Henry Winkler in the Waterboy.

Say we beat the Niners, and get into the playoffs. If we don't win but one road game all year, we're on the road for the first playoff game, and we're probably going to get face rolled. So, we're one and done in the playoffs. All that does is screw our draft position even more.

I'd love to have a shot at the playoffs, but the way we're regressing, I honestly don't see us having a chance in hell on the road...anywhere. I'd rather make the playoffs with a team that's more ready than this one is.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:19 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:I'm with Dom. The Miami game was the most winnable game we had left on the road, and crapped the bed.

Every game is winnable, but Chi is going to be tough. BUF is also going to be tough for us, with the defense playing the way they are. Buffalo is also tough at home. If we lose both road games (likely, since this team honestly is getting into a road game funk), we have to win out at home.

Just how are we going to stop the 49ers with our run defense ? It's getting worse and worse, and the Niners with Harbaugh are good at exploiting our weaknesses. He's starting to treat Pete like the other coach was treating Henry Winkler in the Waterboy.

Say we beat the Niners, and get into the playoffs. If we don't win but one road game all year, we're on the road for the first playoff game, and we're probably going to get face rolled. So, we're one and done in the playoffs. All that does is screw our draft position even more.

I'd love to have a shot at the playoffs, but the way we're regressing, I honestly don't see us having a chance in hell on the road...anywhere. I'd rather make the playoffs with a team that's more ready than this one is.

You may agree with me on the Miami game but that is about all I agree with you on regarding your post.

I want to make the playoffs with this team, this year. Who knows when we get over the hump and start winning road games. Could be that first playoff game on the road but you gotta get in to find out.

Draft position? Screw that. Let's go to the playoffs where we at least have a chance.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:22 am
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:just win

Exactly.

Win every game.

It doesn't matter what anyone else does.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am
  • The window is closing. We need to beat the bears. Period.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 am
  • We did fine with the draft after getting to the playoffs at 7-9 and beating the Saints at home, creating a totally memorable and quite possibly "best run ever" moment in the process.

The idea that one should tank the end of the season to avoid a wild card playoff berth is just silly and dumb. Heck, the Giants were a wild card team last year, and won it all, correct?
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:46 am
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    jamsomatic wrote:Don't take this personally, jlwaters, but counting on other teams to lose in December is a time-honored Seahawks tradition. Like losing on the road and side-stepping into contention.

nothing personal about it. We control our destiny. However, I don't think all the predictions about the wildcards needing 10 wins will hold true this year. TB and Vikings won't win 10 games this year IMO. NO has to win out in order to reach that number (highly unlikely) same for Dallas and Washington. I'm thinking 9-7 will be the the 6th seeds record. Which assuming that Seattle loses Sunday we'd have to go win 3 of 4. Entirely possible with 3 being home games and a winable road game (just like all the other road games :34853_doh: )

This is reassuring. All you have to do is get into the postseason and anything can happen.
    SEAHAWKS HEADED FOR BLOODBATH
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/19/ ... bloodbath/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:I'm with Dom. The Miami game was the most winnable game we had left on the road, and crapped the bed.

You may agree with me on the Miami game but that is about all I agree with you on regarding your post.

I want to make the playoffs with this team, this year. Who knows when we get over the hump and start winning road games. Could be that first playoff game on the road but you gotta get in to find out.

Draft position? Screw that. Let's go to the playoffs where we at least have a chance.

I like this thought. Yes the Miami loss sucked. But it's over, no reason to keep pointing it out. We have 5 games. We'll have to go at least 3-2 if we want to make the playoffs. Everyone keeps saying we're terrible on the road, and yet in everyone of them we've held a lead the 4th qtr (save the 9ers game) and all of them where by a TD or less. To me that tells me we are on the cusp of something great. Can we do it? Don't know, but am excited to see how it all plays out.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 am
  • Thought we were going to go 5-1 in the last 6 games.

Didn't guess that loss would most likely be the Bears, who'd a thunk it would be the dolphins.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:12 am
  • OP -- Saints loss - Check
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 pm
  • The Rams and Cards are shaping up as must-win games at home. The question is where are the Hawks getting that third win. Before Miami I woulda said Buffulo, but now even that is sorta sketchy. Niners at home? That might end up being a must-win game too.
    SEAHAWKS HEADED FOR BLOODBATH
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/19/ ... bloodbath/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:This is why the Dolphins game hurts so much more to me. We had a real chance to distance ourselves.

We had a real shot at the division nonetheless.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information