Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Da Bears)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay no more "Feed Me Crow Boys!" posts the night before an away game. Whether it's indigestion or a premonition, I should just keep my deep, dark, scary thoughts about an imminent loss to myself. I know a lot of you will want to know why I think we have a better shot of beating the Bears in Chicago then we did against the Dolphins in Miami. On the outside looking in, it seems like a rather ridiculous thought. Yet, for years and years and years I've watched this sometimes frustratingly maddening team of ours get our asses handed to us by cupcake teams while beating (sometimes more than convincingly) the better teams nobody - including us - gave us a shot to win.

Nobody expected the Seahawks to travel to New York last year and not only win but beat down the would-be Super Bowl Champions. In 2010, nobody expected us to go into Chicago and beat the Bears, but we did, with conviction and panache. The list is strangely long in our history.

It comes down to one simple and frustrating trait: The Seahawks tend to play down to their inferior opponents while playing up to their superior opponents.

This year, they are playing that paradigm like a fine instrument.

The Bears are wounded. The Seahawks and coaching staff are flat out disgusted and embarassed for the game they gave away in Miami. This clearly favors us. I may not know the outcome of this next game better than the next fan, but I do know that they will give the Bears a MUCH better fight than they ever gave the Dolphins. I will not in the least be surprised if we not only beat the Bears this Sunday but do so convincingly. Just another reason to be dismayed and betrayed when they lose to the Bills.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Bears 21

Aros' Fearless Record: 6-5

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The last time I predicted a loss was against the Patriots. So, here we go.

Bears 28 Seattle 17.

5-6 record so far.

(Edit: Just because, in my archived predictions, I had us losing to Miami and winning against the Bears, so maybe I'll fair better there. Here's hoping.)

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I agree with you 100% Aros. We play to win against the better teams, and we play not to lose against the worse teams. Hawks need this win more than ever.

Seahawks 17
Da Beers 13

endzorn

Reaction score
Bears 26 - Seahawks 20

We never get blown out on the road, but we always play uninspired football.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I feel good about this one and have for weeks.

Seahawks win, then drop a stupid game later in the year for no apparent reason to offset it (probably Buffalo)

Seahawks 24, Bears 19

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We are going to get absolutely taken to the wood shed. Gashed all day long.

The niners embarrased these guys, we will be embarrased by them. The gap between our teams is immense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2qdrcu4s said:
We are going to get absolutely taken to the wood shed. Gashed all day long.

The niners embarrased these guys, we will be embarrased by them. The gap between our teams is immense.

For some reason, the Seahawks have played up and down to their competition all season.

Of course the best teams have been played at home up until Sunday.. so there is that.

Largent80

Reaction score
There is no way I will say we are going in there and beating them. If we are relying on Hill and Trufant to stop the short passing game were toast.

Bears 23 Hawks 17

HawkFan72

Reaction score
10am on the road. Until something changes, this prediction is easy.

Bears 24
Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 4-7

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Earl gets a pick.
Hawks D gets a score.
We win 23-20.

Record to date 7-4

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think the wheels continue to come off the defense, unfortunately, because RW continues to progress:

Bears 27
Hawks 24

grizbob

Reaction score
Keeping my mouth shut because it's always better I do :34853_doh: :180670: :roll:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
My optimism has been crushed. I think the now distracted defense continues to stink it up as they have recently, and this is first week that Wilson really looks like a rookie. I think the Bears eat our O line alive and harass Wilson all game. Marshawn will have nowhere to run again.

Bears 27
Hawks 10

Record: 4-7 i think

Hawks46

Reaction score
I have to say we'll lose this game. We just aren't doing enough right on the road.

Bears 31
Seahawks 13

I'm giving the Bears 4 TD's and a FG. I'm giving us 1 TD and 2 FG's.

lukerguy

Reaction score
If you call the Dolphins game and this one correctly then I will be the one eating some serious crow.
You called the Dolphins game to a T- Played not to lose rather than to win. The play calling showed. Everyone was fat, lazy, and unfocused. There are some major pluses to Pete Carroll as HC, but Focus, and Discipline aren't up there with the best teams in the league.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Forte runs up the gut for 135+ because the defensive middle shortcomings have not been repaired. Cutler throws 2 TDs. Russ matches him but Hawks' ground game nearly gets totally shut down and Pete/Bevell still refuse to let Wilson loose (he again throws for under 300) and they continue to try to pound the rock. As a result, Hawks lose.....

Bears 20
Hawks 17

To date: 3-8

hawker84

Reaction score
10am
on the road
soldier field
decimated bears team
guts telling me..... i hope they win

24 seahawks
17 bears