Sherman & Browner suspension news

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:10 pm
  • I would rather they have one admit it, and one appeal. Get the suspension out of the way for one of them now...then, maybe we could lessen the impact of the suspensions and keep at least one of our top shutdown CBs out there at a time?
    Image
    User avatar
    chawx
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1058
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Salt Lake City, UT


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:11 pm
  • I would go with the "They must have put steroids in the turkey that I ate" defense....... that is pretty believable to me
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3187
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 pm
  • thought I read somewhere Browner is already in a program for his 2005 Broncos abuse and he's tested 2-3 times weekly already, so thee was a 2 day window somewhere along the line where he slipped in some adderall and league was magically there to test him? doesn't make any sense, a false positive agent or adderall can easily be slipped into a beverage while your eating at a restaurant or wherever

    something seems amiss about this entire situation especially in regards to Browner who i feel would NEVER jeopardize his career for a one time thing when he is already playing very, he doesn't need any enhancers and I highly doubt Sherman does as well, I feel if these two are to be evaluated then EVERY single player in the NFL is to be evaluated!

    I call foul..

    BTW, I have a friend and sister who were both treated with adderall when they were very young like 8 for ADHD, a hypertension disorder, its more of a Thorazine type drug if anything, at least in their case, and the side effects weren't worth the effort, massive migraines, lack of comprehension, fatigue, focus issues, most that take it report it makes them feel horrible

    just doesn't make any sense considering there are WAY better, safer and LEGAL performance enhancement methods out there!

    sheesh, the right combinations of amino acids and you can acquire way better results with zero side effects, as long as you get the 6 to 3 ratio correct, way better brain function, more efficient metabolism and more.

    I'm not going to claim I'm an expert but I will say about the only thing illegal steroids are good for any more is when a weight lifter or body builder who wants to put on a large amount of body mass in a SHORT period of time, again the negatives out weight the benefits even in that scenario, I know too many that have taken roids for that very same reason but discontinued due to side effects

    natural alternatives offer way better results for an nfl defender than any illegal steroid can offer, period! do some homework, visit a body building forum and see what they are using for enhancements, most are legal and beneficial to your health.
    GO HAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Twisted
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:15 pm
  • Twisted wrote:thought I read somewhere Browner is already in a program for his 2005 Broncos abuse and he's tested 2-3 times weekly already, so thee was a 2 day window somewhere along the line where he slipped in some adderall and league was magically there to test him? doesn't make any sense, a false positive agent or adderall can easily be slipped into a beverage while your eating at a restaurant or wherever

    something seems amiss about this entire situation especially in regards to Browner who i feel would NEVER jeopardize his career for a one time thing when he is already playing very, he doesn't need any enhancers and I highly doubt Sherman does as well, I feel if these two are to be evaluated then EVERY single player in the NFL is to be evaluated!

    I call foul..

    BTW, I have a friend and sister who were both treated with adderall when they were very young like 8 for ADHD, a hypertension disorder, its more of a Thorazine type drug if anything, at least in their case, and the side effects weren't worth the effort, massive migraines, lack of comprehension, fatigue, focus issues, most that take it report it makes them feel horrible

    just doesn't make any sense considering there are WAY better, safer and LEGAL performance enhancement methods out there!

    sheesh, the right combinations of amino acids and you can acquire way better results with zero side effects, as long as you get the 6 to 3 ratio correct, way better brain function, more efficient metabolism and more.

    I'm not going to claim I'm an expert but I will say about the only thing illegal steroids are good for any more is when a weight lifter or body builder who wants to put on a large amount of body mass in a SHORT period of time, again the negatives out weight the benefits even in that scenario, I know too many that have taken roids for that very same reason but discontinued due to side effects

    natural alternatives offer way better results for an nfl defender than any illegal steroid can offer, period! do some homework, visit a body building forum and see what they are using for enhancements, most are legal and beneficial to your health.


    I am convinced. There is a position for you on the 2013 Seattle Seahawks Medical Training, Strength, and Conditioning Staff.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 445
    Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 pm
    Location: Mindianapolis, Idaho


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:08 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I took acid when I was 17 and when I got home late from a concert my dad confronted me. I lied and told him I had bitten a chocolate bar that had lsd on it.

    He wasn't buying it, and I am not buying what Sherman is selling.


    Whoa dad! dude. Your face is like, melting. Sooo kewl. *BANG* *POW* *BOOM BOOM* out go the lights :thfight7:
    User avatar
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1811
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:09 pm
    Location: Central Washington


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    OneLofaTatupu wrote:
    Accidentally ingesting Adderall is a terrible, terrible argument.


    It is like saying "I was in the room where they were smoking weed" for a positive test for it.

    It just seems bizzarre that they both would be positive at the same day same time.


    I'm curious how he knew it was an acid high? Except for purple haze, trippy, and Mr. Natural where I laughed at every stupid little thing for hours on end, one might be able to mistake the effects for anything. Unless of course he had some prior experience, catching your older siblings maybe? Or did they tell on you? :P
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 7993
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 am
  • He didn't know it was acid. But he knew I was flying. And it was Orange Sunshine, which always had a few "mega doses" mixed in a batch, and I got 1 of them.

    Hell, moments before that I was in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror and saw the towels hanging behind be in the mirror and they were flappin in the breeze, but there was no breeze !!!
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22438
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:36 am
  • Read it takes around 13 hours to leave an adults system . Well whatever, maybe he drank out of Winston Guy's water bottle ?
    User avatar
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 676
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:11 am
  • Regarding Browner. So he said he saw his urinalysis sample poured into a container other then the one he did the deed in?

    There is absolutely NO WAY I would let that fly if it were me. It's hard to believe that is an acceptable practice in the NFL.
    Member formally known as AC59
    User avatar
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2154
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 am


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 am
  • I think we are all whistling in the wind. How many times have you seen the NFL back off these things?

    Oh they might be able to cut the suspensions in half or so but doubtful they are going to be able to get off completely.

    :les:
    Image
    So close to the real thing.
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18505
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 pm
  • That's what makes this so intriguing. Sherman is a guy who is very intelligent, and has never had an off field issue. He knows you can't beat or get around a positive test.

    I find it really bizarre that they both tested positive at the same time....both starting CBs, and both in the middle of a playoff run.

    The other bizarre thing is, they've both been very healthy, not coming off of injury or anything, and have both been playing at a very high level. They don't even need to cheat. The conspiracy theorist in my cries foul !
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3422
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 pm
  • Twisted wrote:
    BTW, I have a friend and sister who were both treated with adderall when they were very young like 8 for ADHD, a hypertension disorder, its more of a Thorazine type drug if anything, at least in their case, and the side effects weren't worth the effort, massive migraines, lack of comprehension, fatigue, focus issues, most that take it report it makes them feel horrible

    .



    this is 100% inaccurate. Thorazine is a heavy tranquilizing sedative used for psychotic disorders and severe bipolar disorder (it isn't even prescribed that much anymore, as there are better, newer alternatives), adderall is a stimulant and ADHD is not a hypertension disorder (high blood pressure?? really???) - Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder - wow - this is an egregious flubbing if I've ever seen one. . . . .

    :34853_doh:
    User avatar
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *
     
    Posts: 1558
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:20 pm
  • OneLofaTatupu wrote:
    Twisted wrote:
    BTW, I have a friend and sister who were both treated with adderall when they were very young like 8 for ADHD, a hypertension disorder, its more of a Thorazine type drug if anything, at least in their case, and the side effects weren't worth the effort, massive migraines, lack of comprehension, fatigue, focus issues, most that take it report it makes them feel horrible

    .



    this is 100% inaccurate. Thorazine is a heavy tranquilizing sedative used for psychotic disorders and severe bipolar disorder (it isn't even prescribed that much anymore, as there are better, newer alternatives), adderall is a stimulant and ADHD is not a hypertension disorder (high blood pressure?? really???) - Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder - wow - this is an egregious flubbing if I've ever seen one. . . . .

    :34853_doh:


    I don't think Twisted has ever been concerned with accuracy.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14631
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 pm
  • Jiggy wrote:Regarding Browner. So he said he saw his urinalysis sample poured into a container other then the one he did the deed in?

    There is absolutely NO WAY I would let that fly if it were me. It's hard to believe that is an acceptable practice in the NFL.


    I don't know this as a fact, just stating something I heard repeated on the radio in regards to the pouring issue. I heard this the other day, and can't recall who they were quoting, but said that an ex-player had told them that what happens is you give a large enough sample so there is enough for multiple tests. It is then separated into 2 or 3 containers (Sample A, Sample B and sometimes Sample C). If A turns up dirty, they can run a re-test on sample B if necessary. This may explain why they would pour the sample into a second container. Why this isn't done back in a secured lab, makes no sense to me though.

    Anyway, please don't spread the above as fact. It's third hand information that I'm passing on for it's informational value as a possibility.
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 12931
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 pm
  • They typically split it up into two containers (you guys didn't have to do drug tests for work?). BUT as far as for us at least those came out of sealed bags that were broken - test split up, you sign this tape that goes over the container so it can't be opened without breaking the seal.

    2 containers - off to the lab start work on Monday or in this case - stay home for 4 weeks......

    Since 1988 and Ben Johnson I have given the testing agencies the benefit of the doubt and all "i bought a supplement in the grocery story guys" the zero benefit of a doubt (and no I am not a Canadian but a used to like track and field which is way more stringent than any of the professional leagues)

    I honestly don't care what they took or how they got it. IF they have positive A and B test sorry it is your fault.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3187
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:38 am
  • The Radish wrote:I think we are all whistling in the wind. How many times have you seen the NFL back off these things?

    Oh they might be able to cut the suspensions in half or so but doubtful they are going to be able to get off completely.

    :les:



    A ny giant had a 4 game one and it was reduced to none. Just this year.... Is rare though, true.


    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1210636

    " Three Giants have blamed Adderall for positive drug tests this year, including safeties Tyler Sash and Will Hill, and running back Andre Brown. Brown won an appeal and did not have to serve a suspension."
    User avatar
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 676
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:03 am
  • I don't see how Browner got caught up, somethings off about that to me.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19018
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:09 am
  • mikeak wrote:They typically split it up into two containers (you guys didn't have to do drug tests for work?). BUT as far as for us at least those came out of sealed bags that were broken - test split up, you sign this tape that goes over the container so it can't be opened without breaking the seal.


    I took several urinalysis tests back in the 90's, and they never poured or separated it in front of me. They put the tape over the lid and had me sign it.

    Now, all of our tests are done by hair samples.
    User avatar
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3534
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
    Location: Huntsville, Al


Re: Sherman & Browner suspension news
Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 am
  • OneLofaTatupu wrote:
    Twisted wrote:
    BTW, I have a friend and sister who were both treated with adderall when they were very young like 8 for ADHD, a hypertension disorder, its more of a Thorazine type drug if anything, at least in their case, and the side effects weren't worth the effort, massive migraines, lack of comprehension, fatigue, focus issues, most that take it report it makes them feel horrible

    .



    this is 100% inaccurate. Thorazine is a heavy tranquilizing sedative used for psychotic disorders and severe bipolar disorder (it isn't even prescribed that much anymore, as there are better, newer alternatives), adderall is a stimulant and ADHD is not a hypertension disorder (high blood pressure?? really???) - Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder - wow - this is an egregious flubbing if I've ever seen one. . . . .

    :34853_doh:


    I wasn't going to touch this one...
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2098
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


Next


It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information