RW broke a record with yesterday's game

razgriz737

Reaction score
According to the Seahawks Facebook page:
"Russell Wilson becomes first rookie in NFL history with passer rating of 125+ in three-consecutive games."

Thought I'd post something to try and lighten up the mood a little bit...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Heard that he also set an NFL record for consecutive completed passes by a rookie QB... at 16.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Bump. This is some serious business, oh wait Andrew Luck still deserves the Heisman er I mean Rookie of the Year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I would absolutely love it if our offense would air it out a few times this year. He has shown 95% of the time he won't make a dumb pass, why not let him throw 30+ times a game? They don't even need to be huge shots down the field, just consistent short game if teams are stacking 8-9 in the box like Miami to stop Marshawn.

jman316

Reaction score
^^this

It's almost like they're afraid to fully trust him yet.

Stubbornness was always a Holmgren trait that was frustrating, but I figured all coaches are like that to some degree. Is Carroll/Bevell/Cable too set in their idea of what they think will work... feed Marshawn ALL day with a rook at the helm?

Seems like there were times they didn't stick with Lynch last season with T-Jack at QB! If you're going to trust the Bills now 3rd stringer to air it out, why not DangeRuss??!p

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Perhaps the 8 man boxes and play action bites (due to our running game) helps take the pressure off him and make his reads in the passing game easier? Maybe he wouldn't be as efficient if he had to pass 30 times in a game and teams gameplanned to stop him?

Naaaaahhhhh.....

Air it out!!!!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
jman316":1xootkv0 said:
^^this

It's almost like they're afraid to fully trust him yet.

Stubbornness was always a Holmgren trait that was frustrating, but I figured all coaches are like that to some degree. Is Carroll/Bevell/Cable too set in their idea of what they think will work... feed Marshawn ALL day with a rook at the helm?

Seems like there were times they didn't stick with Lynch last season with T-Jack at QB! If you're going to trust the Bills now 3rd stringer to air it out, why not DangeRuss??!p

You forget that TJack was in the Bevell offense for several years (in both Minneapolis and Seattle) and finally mastered all of Bevell's highly cerebral plays. Wilson is just a pint-sized running quarterback who shared Bevell's alma mater. :sarcasm_off:

Jiggy

Reaction score
But.. but... but RG III!!!!! :sarcasm_off:

Rafi

Reaction score
We may see RW airing it out 35-40 times a game if our defense takes a significant step back if the suspensions of our DB's happens.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The man is putting up a ridiculously good rookie season, especially for a 3rd round draft pick. Of course, as that was dictated by too many people shying away from the height hype, I take that "3rd rounder" stuff with a grain of salt. To set those two rookie records is very good news, and records I'd much rather my quarterback break than a lot of other ones.

Pass completions and pass attempts in a game are indications the guy's passing the ball a lot. Quarterback rating and consecutive completions are much better indications of accuracy. It shows real progress and talent at the position, and I'll take that any day over some of the other records. The only other records I really want to see is the TD passes record and most wins by a rookie, because points and wins are what this league is all about.

themunn

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":10j27btv said:
The man is putting up a ridiculously good rookie season, especially for a 3rd round draft pick. Of course, as that was dictated by too many people shying away from the height hype, I take that "3rd rounder" stuff with a grain of salt. To set those two rookie records is very good news, and records I'd much rather my quarterback break than a lot of other ones.

Pass completions and pass attempts in a game are indications the guy's passing the ball a lot. Quarterback rating and consecutive completions are much better indications of accuracy. It shows real progress and talent at the position, and I'll take that any day over some of the other records. The only other records I really want to see is the TD passes record and most wins by a rookie, because points and wins are what this league is all about.

The best he can do is match it - by winning the superbowl

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Wilson in his last four games (including 2 road games):

74 of 105 (70.5%), 821 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT. His QB rating has been 125+ in three of those games and it was 96.8 in the other (Detroit).

He's phenomenal. Open it up, Pete!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":32q6gg26 said:

74 of 105 (70.5%), 821 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT. His QB rating has been 125+ in three of those games and it was 96.8 in the other (Detroit).

Good stuff Greg. They need to be hitting 30 passes a game IMO. Yes they need to stay committed to the run, but they need to change it up a bit like they had done in previous weeks. This last week against Miami we kind of reverted back to the GB playcalling of run, run and pass on 3rd and long.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
jlwaters1":uie302f7 said:
FlyingGreg":uie302f7 said:

Good stuff Greg. They need to be hitting 30 passes a game IMO. Yes they need to stay committed to the run, but they need to change it up a bit like they had done in previous weeks. This last week against Miami we kind of reverted back to the GB playcalling of run, run and pass on 3rd and long.

I totally agree. If something is not working, ADJUST. It drove me bananas to see the same inside runs with Marshawn over and over again against Miami, getting destroyed every time. A huge weakness of this coaching staff is in-game adjustments, other than waiting until half-time. I'm not sure how Bevell is game planning, but it sure looks like he has one plan and no matter what they keep trying to go with it.

Latest posts