*8-3*

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
*8-3*
Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
  • If we close out the games in Detroit and Miami, we are sitting at 8-3 right now.

That's painfully frustrating. I can stomach the losses in Arizona, St. Louis and SF much better-- it's these last two that are going to haunt us. I know, "woulda, coulda, shoulda". But seriously, one defensive play on each of those drives and we are in a totally different spot right now.

Truly remarkable how narrow the margin in the NFL is.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Re: *8-3*
Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 am
  • Even give the Pack the Monday night win and Hawks are 7-4. Considering every team in the hunt behind them lost yesterday, I'd definitely take that right now.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:50 am
  • Mediocre teams always have several of these type games. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, is for losers.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Mediocre teams always have several of these type games. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, is for losers.

Seems like this franchise has been soaked in it.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Mediocre teams always have several of these type games. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, is for losers.

Mediocre teams usually have these games as their GOOD games, they're our BAD ones.
    Because if that is mediocre - what does that say about the 21 teams who have a worse record than us (going by W-L record and conference record as a tiebreaker, with the Vikings behind us by virtue of our head to head record over them as they're the only other 6-5 team with a 4-4 conference record)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:22 am
  • Detroit and Miami drove on us and scored and you would count those over the Arizona game.........

we are 6-5..........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:28 am
  • mikeak wrote:Detroit and Miami drove on us and scored and you would count those over the Arizona game.........

we are 6-5..........

AZ and STL are by far the worse losses. They're much worse than Miami and Detroit, and they are division teams. Who cares how we lost, we shouldn't have lost to any of those teams.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 am
  • If we scored 100 points each game or held our opponents to zero points, we'd be undefeated right now...
    usc17hawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:38 am
  • As the great Bill Parcells once said, you are what your record is.........if anything the Hawks should be 5-6, not 6-5 because of the Immaculate Touchdownception.

The big picture for me is that our Hawks are on the rise. This probably isn't our year, but with a nasty young defense, an emerging star QB, a great runner in Lynch, we shouldn't be more than a year or two away from being serious contenders.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:40 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:As the great Bill Parcells once said, you are what your record is.........if anything the Hawks should be 5-6, not 6-5 because of the Immaculate Touchdownception.

The big picture for me is that our Hawks are on the rise. This probably isn't our year, but with a nasty young defense, an emerging star QB, a great runner in Lynch, we shouldn't be more than a year or two away from being serious contenders.

We can hope. We need a really solid draft... more play makers and upgrade the lines.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:As the great Bill Parcells once said, you are what your record is.........if anything the Hawks should be 5-6, not 6-5 because of the Immaculate Touchdownception.

I don't mean to rain on your parade Sgt., but there's some unraveling going down with our two Corners, and that just might set us back big time.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:As the great Bill Parcells once said, you are what your record is.........if anything the Hawks should be 5-6, not 6-5 because of the Immaculate Touchdownception.

I don't mean to rain on your parade Sgt., but there's some unraveling going down with our two Corners, and that just might set us back big time.

The unraveling would only be for this year.......which is why I said "shouldn't be more than a year or two away..........."

Yes, if they're suspended, we're FU#@$% this year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 pm
  • I'm amazed at the clear impact we the fans have on this teams ability to finish a game..

We should revceive a bonus as the 12 man seems to be the key. I'm still in, but mark me down as pissed off! :thfight7:
    "Horse horse, did you see the size of that chicken?"
    TaterHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:22 pm
  • Mediocrity is something for this team to aspire to after yesterday. I'll always love my Seahawks, but man does it piss me off when they go lay eggs like that. There is no real excuse.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:44 pm
  • I'm actually fine with losing to Miami and Detroit. Those teams both played very well and deserved to win those games. Arizona and St. Louis though, those ones are the ones I'd love to get back.

Miami and Detroit were more painful though. This was a tough weekend if you were a Seahawks/UW fan.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information