Hey all you optimists

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Hey all you optimists
Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:21 pm
  • Were all fans here and that is all well and good.

But as a precursor to the inevitable we should beat down Chicago statements and we have this in the bag, or they have not played us with these guys and Russell Wilson at the helm and we will kill them or we have way better talent then they do and will crush them. Or they are decimated by injuries and no way have a chance in hell.

But please put that in a deep fricken hole, throw some dirt on it, kill a goat and pour the blood over the hole, light a insence and say the name of every player to ever where a Seahawks uniform, then rub the tainted dirt all over your body and find a football feild to run naked in from goal post to goal post.

If you then still feel the need to make such a post it will be punished by the Radish singing Toucha Toucha Toucha Touch me to you.

Edited for the petty and self-righteous people that feel the need to disparage people for typos.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Re: Hey all you optomists
Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:26 pm
  • There is no way that the Bears win. This will be the most frivolously easy win in Seahawks history, ushering in an era of prosperity and Super Bowl rings for decades to come. Never again will there be a simpler task than beating the Bears in Chicago, and we shall all look back on this upcoming game with tears in our eyes for remembrance of how beautifully perfect it was.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:28 pm
  • I'm an Optimist, in that I think the best will likely happen.

I'm definitely not an Optomist, who is someone that squirts you in the eye with a spray bottle.

Oh, and I think we have this one in the bag because of injury concerns, the fact that Wilson continues to improve, and that have recently played very well at Soldier Field in the regular season.

Final Score: Seahawks Eleventeen
    Bears Two (Wilson accidentally kneels down in the endzone on a victory formation play as time expires).
    Last edited by IBleedBlueAndGreen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 pm
  • This team has proven time and time again that they can't win at 10 AM. I just don't see it happening. By the power of Tanzania I hope it does though.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Re: Hey all you optimists
Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 pm
  • chris98251 wrote: kill a goat and pour the blood over the hole, light a insence and say the name of every player to ever where a Seahawks uniform, then rub the tainted dirt all over your body and find a football field to run naked in from goal post to goal post.

If you then still feel the need to make such a post it will be punished by the Radish singing Toucha Toucha Toucha Touch me to you.

What freaks me out is

1) How do you know my pregame ritual?

and

2) How do you know my favorite song?
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:16 pm
  • yeah your right this board is so much better with all the pessimists the seahawks suck they shouldnt ever win another game again they might as well just forfeit the rest of the season and next year to while we are at it. give me a break people should be able to be optimistic if they want to
    hawkfan333
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:19 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:This team has proven time and time again that they can't win at 10 AM. I just don't see it happening. By the power of Tanzania I hope it does though.

Haven't we won in Chicago at 10:00 in each of the last 2 years? Not saying its in the bag , but I happen to think that this years team is better then either of those teams.
    Hawkfan509
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:25 pm
  • Hawkfan509 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:This team has proven time and time again that they can't win at 10 AM. I just don't see it happening. By the power of Tanzania I hope it does though.

Haven't we won in Chicago at 10:00 in each of the last 2 years?

And New York.

Granted, it's not often. But given the quality of those teams, it's worth a notice.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 pm
  • A few things:

It's "wear" a uniform, not "where". Just sayin'

Chi is Central time, not Eastern time. So I'm saying there's a chance !

And, YEAH, screw positive thought ! I'm with ya man.

Disclaimer: most, if not all of this post was sarcastic in nature. I am in no way denigrating those politically correct, unending optimists that think the Seahawks are world killers and there is nothing wrong with our team on the road. I am not telling anyone how to be a fan. I am not judging the "we're going to crush them !" and "I fear no team on the road !" crowd in any way, shape or form. I do laugh at you quite often though. The meltdowns are a constant source of amusement.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:39 pm
  • Hawkfan509 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:This team has proven time and time again that they can't win at 10 AM. I just don't see it happening. By the power of Tanzania I hope it does though.

Haven't we won in Chicago at 10:00 in each of the last 2 years? Not saying its in the bag , but I happen to think that this years team is better then either of those teams.

Hey man, curb the optimism a bit, huh?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:Chi is Central time, not Eastern time. So I'm saying there's a chance !

Still 10 am Pacific.

:stirthepot:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:24 pm
  • Beat Chicago heck I already booked my ticket to New Orleans.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 am
  • Have you ever heard Radish sing? Have him tell you the story of when he was in France performing in the cabaret.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:55 am
  • What's the point in being a sports fan if you go into a game worried you might not win.

I go into EVERY game thinking we're going to crush the opposition, that's what fandom is all about.
    Put the 2009 Seahawks up against the 2007 Patriots and I'd STILL go into the game saying we were going to win.

Where's the fun in expecting a loss? It's not like my overconfidence will ever affect the way the team plays
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 am
  • I don't believe the original poster was telling everyone to expect a loss.
    I believe he and Radish for the whole season has been asking people to keep perspective and realize that the NFL is made up of 32 proffesional teams, and even the lowest rated team can win and will win on any given Sunday.
    I believe we all cheer for this team the best we can, I myself am very proud of the progress we have made since the end of the Holmgren era.
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:54 am
  • i'm tired, filthy, and feeling a bit of guilt about that goat., but I can't shake the feeling this one is in the bag.
    Hope springs eternal :-)
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:57 am
  • So to be clear: there are still people on this board who feel the need to spray threads discouraging the "other side" of fans to not even bother expressing themselves...

And that somehow the idea that people who become emotionally invested in grown men playing sports for millions of dollars should also have "perspective"?

Jesus christ on a bike.... the Seahawks represent the ultimate release from real life and yet their are still way too many peopkle who try and rationalize it. Let it happen... all of it

And we will win Sunday. I believe it because its the only thing that makes sense
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:34 am
  • Our CBs are gonna play with hate in their hearts and our D will use the dark side of the force to cause 8 turnovers. Jay Cutler will leave announcers and fans speechless when he calls timeout to poop his pants out of fear and frustration.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 am
  • rastahawk wrote:Beat Chicago heck I already booked my ticket to New Orleans.

I gotta a tattoo on my entire back after his first preseason pass...no, I mean, on the day he was born, of Russell Wilson holding up the Lombardy trophy with XLVII underneath.

:thirishdrinkers:
    chawx
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am
  • chawx wrote:
    rastahawk wrote:Beat Chicago heck I already booked my ticket to New Orleans.

I gotta a tattoo on my entire back after his first preseason pass...no, I mean, on the day he was born, of Russell Wilson holding up the Lombardy trophy with XLVII underneath.

:thirishdrinkers:

That's the spirit!!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Were all fans here and that is all well and good.

But as a precursor to the inevitable we should beat down Chicago statements and we have this in the bag, or they have not played us with these guys and Russell Wilson at the helm and we will kill them or we have way better talent then they do and will crush them. Or they are decimated by injuries and no way have a chance in hell.

But please put that in a deep fricken hole, throw some dirt on it, kill a goat and pour the blood over the hole, light a insence and say the name of every player to ever where a Seahawks uniform, then rub the tainted dirt all over your body and find a football feild to run naked in from goal post to goal post.

Edited for the petty and self-righteous people that feel the need to disparage people for typos.

Does Radish know the words to Science Fiction Double Feature? What would I have to do to get him to sing it?
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 am
  • themunn wrote:What's the point in being a sports fan if you go into a game worried you might not win.

I go into EVERY game thinking we're going to crush the opposition, that's what fandom is all about.
    Put the 2009 Seahawks up against the 2007 Patriots and I'd STILL go into the game saying we were going to win.

Where's the fun in expecting a loss? It's not like my overconfidence will ever affect the way the team plays

You are an it getter.
    * NET Staff *

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 am
  • themunn wrote:Where's the fun in expecting a loss? It's not like my overconfidence will ever affect the way the team plays

It's the letdown factor. If I expect a win (like I did in the Arizona, St. Louis and Miami games), then I'm more pissed off after. If I expect a loss (like I did in the Patriot game), then the only emotional outcome is good.

So yeah, your expectations don't affect the team.........buy they do affect you. Why would I go in expecting wins when the Hawks aren't favored, all it can lead to is a letdown. I'd rather be realistic.........doesn't mean I'm not ROOTING for a win, but I'm not going to blindly expect one either.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information